It's a drag, maaan

andy1252

I was out exploring TE WA, and spotted this below me. A quick check on GE told me it's the Seattle Pacific Raceways and Pacific Railways Drag Strip. Neat!

Ou9GOhC.jpg

QiERBoA.jpg

I'll have to see if I can figure out how to get the AC Cobra placed here and have a go!

16 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots these.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain

15 hours ago, Boss1 said:

Great duo! Both look real.

Cheers Boss - and yes, I do find the realism levels around TE PNW pretty much absolute

15 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Nice shots.  Looks like you could land your plane down there.

Hi John, and I did consider it. It's be nice if you could just switch aircraft mid flight like in P3D as that would be an easy way to get the Cobra there - just land and switch.

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

These look great Andy, not too dark.  And what a find, I never knew this even existed.  And yeah, it would be neat to see on the ground.

How would I find this place?

I'd certainly never heard of it. I tend to think of drag racing as being a Californian thing. I was a fan in my youth, bought whatever mags I could over here and build plastic dragster kits etc. As to finding it, I was just meandering south from Renton, but if you try taking off in a chopper from S36, Crest Airpark, it'll just be maybe a mile to your right if you head south.

8 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

VRRRMMMM. Thanks, Andy!

Vrrrrmmmm indeed! I wonder if there's a drag racing sim out there? Maybe I'll take a look.

7 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Sweet!  I'm envious of TE users! 

Thanks ThreeJs, and is the envy because you don't have XP? You should consider it if you don't - bit of a learning curve bit well worth it.

6 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Two great pics Andy

Cheers Don

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Nice find Andy, looks great! :)

Thanks Adam, and I'll definitely have to go back and investigate some more - it does look fascinating and in a nice setting.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow, thanks Andy, this is perfectly sensible to me.  

Actually, I suspect this would be too boring for you Jack! I expect to see an inverse 747-8 scraping its rudder along the median line of that strip some time soon <grin>

14 minutes ago, Daan said:

And you didn't even try to land? :lol:

Well, actually . . .

"Hi John, and I did consider it. It's be nice if you could just switch aircraft mid flight like in P3D as that would be an easy way to get the Cobra there - just land and switch."

@andy1252 You can switch planes in mid flight. Press the "i" button and a small window appears which has an Aircraft option on it. Click on that and then scroll to your plane of choice and then click on Change Aircraft. Wait a bit and the chosen plane appears on screen.

@Jon Clarke - thank you, thank you! That will make a huge difference. I guess I probably saw references to the IOS when I was first getting to grips with XP and just assumed it was a tool for serious instructor/pupil networked sessions, and given that I'm the simmer equivalent of a small kid running around the playground with his arms out going "eeeeoooooowwwww!" I just figured it was nothing of any use or interest to me.

I will now go away and have a real dig round to see what else I can  do via it. But being able to change aircraft without having to go through the whole process of reloading a flight is great, so again, thank you for taking the time to make this known to me. Hugely appreciated.

Archived