Let's get happy at Happy Camp!

Jack Sawyer

I decided to fly to a random place from KEKA, Murray.  So I chose a little airport called Happy Camp, 36S.

Well, I have to say this is almost as tough to get into as any airport in New Guinea.  I had to go around several times before I finally landed, but it was worth it.

k3dU5PN.jpg

3wkiJQF.jpg

CqmweUF.jpg

BSL1Ohy.jpg

b3OhNZS.jpg

RlBSupT.jpg

I was just dipping into valleys and exploring, I loved it.

FOXNOU4.jpg

There's Happy Camp, on approach I thinking this is "Angry Camp!"

Qx87YZw.jpg

NXvxe7H.jpg

Going around.

6mlioe4.jpg

wPXYTi6.jpg

KI12fKU.jpg

Very tricky.

WpTia8N.jpg

UOt8R3w.jpg

iWGjPrA.jpg

5 minutes ago, patful said:

Ah yes, that brings back memories. I used S51 McBeth on the Klamath River as my home field in FSX, and I flew to Happy Camp all the time, both pretty hairy. I didn't have Orbx though.

Thanks Pat. It's quite the white knuckle landing with all those hills so close.

I'm just happy to be on this earth one more day , and being able to participate here on our forum is a blessing . Jack these shots really shine my friend , here is a little tune to brighten your day my friend :

Cheers

John

9 minutes ago, BradB said:

I'm just happy to be on this earth one more day , and being able to participate here on our forum is a blessing . Jack these shots really shine my friend , here is a little tune to brighten your day my friend :

Thanks John, well, never heard this song before, it sure is an oldie! But I liked it.

12 hours ago, Dario said:

Lovely shots, Jack! I still don’t own this scenery, but your shots (and the tricky landing you mentioned - which is something I love) make me want to buy it. :) Regards and all the best for you! 

Thanks Dario!  Well worth it my friend, well worth it indeed!

On 8/15/2019 at 4:02 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, I have to say this is almost as tough to get into as any airport in New Guinea.  I had to go around several times before I finally landed, but it was worth it.

happy way of vfr flying B) (Personnaly I like to fly bythere using sectional charts available by Skyvector website)

Archived