Isle of Skye

Jack Sawyer

Thanks to @renault for telling me how to get to this beautiful place.

I loved it but XP crashed!

I have the latest X-Plane, all Orbx TE stuff, UWXP, xVision, and ASXP.

Look at the last couple of shots, the sky suddenly turned black.  Then XP froze so I had to force close it but no Event Viewer entry.  

Such is life I guess, this sim has been very unstable and unpredictable for me.

For example, I haven't used it for a week or so, so today I run it and I have to enter my X-Aviation TBM email and password to "update" my license.  What is this nonsense?

Thank goodness Orbx is so well designed and behind the scenes, it would be good if other vendors emulated Orbx, just my opinion.

YbqA3sO.jpg

siL0rXJ.jpg

pcO0C0f.jpg

9Rv1qIk.jpg

yZmlbdi.jpg

RCZK0Gu.jpg

vgqRVm2.jpg

QtWZ0ai.png

mw2nOSa.jpg

lQeefHk.jpg

0HZdv5h.jpg

kNcquHo.jpg

wVaRVDw.png

qYRnM7w.jpg

0IveXFh.png

What?!?

ui8U3Cn.jpg

HUH!?!

eWeGC3e.png

This appears to be a beautiful place to fly Jack looking at the views you have put up here.:)

Yes the sim is forever frustrating.:rolleyes:

I had a very rare crash on P3D yesterday when replaying a landing at Walter Suttons. Very unusual these days and I wasn't too worried when the screen froze, but then the desktop appeared and that was that!:angry:

57 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

This appears to be a beautiful place to fly Jack looking at the views you have put up here.:)

Yes the sim is forever frustrating.:rolleyes:

I had a very rare crash on P3D yesterday when replaying a landing at Walter Suttons. Very unusual these days and I wasn't too worried when the screen froze, but then the desktop appeared and that was that!:angry:

Thanks Martyn, it has a mind of its own doesn't it?

22 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Interesting scenery, Jack. Did you also find the Talisker distillery :blink:?

Thanks Gerold, I didn't even know there was one there, would love to go to a real one, only ever been to wineries in my life.

The trouble, even with the nicest of Americans like you, is that you are unaware of the home region of the best whiskies known to man.  Also you must fail to know the historical details of the MacDonald, Lord of the Isles and their just wars against the British and the Campbells.  To have to learn from someone with a French handle about the Road to the Isles is a worry.

But great shots for which I am grateful.

6 minutes ago, macca22au said:

The trouble, even with the nicest of Americans like you, is that you are unaware of the home region of the best whiskies known to man.  Also you must fail to know the historical details of the MacDonald, Lord of the Isles and their just wars against the British and the Campbells.  To have to learn from someone with a French handle about the Road to the Isles is a worry.

But great shots for which I am grateful.

Thanks Ian.  I have a great book on the history of Scotland.  Read it many years ago, it might be time for a re-read.

Jack the history of Scotland is a story of tribal warfare and sustained hatreds, lightened only by conflict with the Brits and the foolish Jacobite rebellion, though the Highland clearances were great for the southern colonies of the US where so many industrious Scots settled.  They also imported the fiery cross a traditional method of calling a clan together for battle which now has its continuation in the KKK.

Just now, macca22au said:

Jack the history of Scotland is a story of tribal warfare and sustained hatreds, lightened only by conflict with the Brits and the foolish Jacobite rebellion, though the Highland clearances were great for the southern colonies of the US where so many industrious Scots settled.  They also imported the fiery cross a traditional method of calling a clan together for battle which now has its continuation in the KKK.

Excellent and very fascinating information Ina, thanks!

2 hours ago, adambar said:

Sorry to hear about your XP problems Jack. :(  I gave up on XP a long time ago, just can't seem to get into it.

Thanks Adam, XP can be a strange duck sometimes but I think it’ll be all worked out in due time.

On 6/21/2019 at 11:05 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gerold, I didn't even know there was one there, would love to go to a real one, only ever been to wineries in my life.

Taste that stuff, mate. It is brilliant in winter!

Archived