Popham part 1 & 2

15 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Another hilarious adventure Jack, even though the first part was hard to follow!:lol:

Well done.:)

+1 - Or should we say hard to swallow . :rolleyes::o:lol:

John

2 minutes ago, whitehaven said:

Nice one Jack, Little Chefs in the late 1980’s were the go to place for a business travellers breakfast.

Learnt to like black pudding there.

ATB, Dave

Thanks Dave!  I remember them when I was stationed there.

Hello Jack,

they were a welcome alternative to having nothing to eat or drink and their prices were universal.

This was a good thing if you were at Luton Airport where all the prices are pitched at captive customer

level and wanted food but not so good if you were out in the middle of nowhere and still having to

pay £4 for 50 pence worth of eggs on toast.

The vast majority of my millions of miles on UK roads have been as a lorry driver and  no Little Chef

would allow us in, so I was never really a huge enthusiast.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

they were a welcome alternative to having nothing to eat or drink and their prices were universal.

This was a good thing if you were at Luton Airport where all the prices are pitched at captive customer

level and wanted food but not so good if you were out in the middle of nowhere and still having to

pay £4 for 50 pence worth of eggs on toast.

The vast majority of my millions of miles on UK roads have been as a lorry driver and  no Little Chef

would allow us in, so I was never really a huge enthusiast.

We’d stop in after pub crawls way back when.  I didn’t know you were a Lordy driver.  That’s cool, I’ll bet you saw prolly every square inch of the U.K.!

27 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

:lol:  Great work Jack!... As for Little Chefs, their cherry pancakes with ice cream were nice, but otherwise it was all a bit greasy for me, so no great loss.

Thanks Mark, now I’m hungry for pancakes!  It’s breakfast here.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Mark, now I’m hungry for pancakes!  It’s breakfast here.

:D  I shouldn't have mentioned them, as I have a fancy for some too and it's way passed breakfast and lunch... I'll have to settle for a lovely Ceylon curry later... the chef does very tasty coconut filled pancakes ^_^

27 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

:D  I shouldn't have mentioned them, as I have a fancy for some too and it's way passed breakfast and lunch... I'll have to settle for a lovely Ceylon curry later... the chef does very tasty coconut filled pancakes ^_^

Yum!!

Archived