4.5 is fixed for me.

After many hassles with the Client, GTN, and AS4 I have it fixed.

Results, FPS is locked to 30 and I get a solid 30, no stutters, and the 6% loading problem is gone.  It's seems like an entirely new P3D after the hotfix.

So for @Ken Hall Here is a quick test flight with ENVDIR - AS4- NSMA Maota to NSFA Faleola Int.

Kd6Yq9X.jpg

OXfSpWp.jpg

830I4fm.jpg

Gg4ZheB.jpg

l0zDmNm.jpg

38iptFW.jpg

JY4qp8n.jpg

7wUVKKC.jpg

9OyXNDu.jpg

OGCUmSr.jpg

G1Gwpea.jpg

FtseeVg.jpg

2 minutes ago, BradB said:

Looking good Jack , I did not know you had made the switch to 4.5 yet . :):huh::D

Cheers

John

Thanks John, it was not without problems.  Amazing what a night's sleep will do, I woke up and knew what to do.  Client, GTN, and AS4.  Solved and works better than ever.  Just made a nice flight in the PNW where it's usually PFS heavy but not one problem!  It was a pleasure.

And there was much rejoicing... Glad you got it fixed. My reinstall wasn't without incident. I had screen tearing with my 1080, went into panic mode. Googled, and I had forgotten to check the Disable fullscreen optimizations box on the Prepar3D.exe Properties/Compatibility page. Crisis averted. Windows 10 needs to make that one an opt-in, not an opt-out.

Beautiful shots!

4 minutes ago, patful said:

And there was much rejoicing... Glad you got it fixed. My reinstall wasn't without incident. I had screen tearing with my 1080, went into panic mode. Googled, and I had forgotten to check the Disable fullscreen optimizations box on the Prepar3D.exe Properties/Compatibility page. Crisis averted. Windows 10 needs to make that one an opt-in, not an opt-out.

Beautiful shots!

Dang!  I didn’t even know about this.  I’ll have to look for this when I get home.  Thanks!

It's probably different for everybody, can't guarantee it'll improve anything for you. With my 1060, moderate improvement, the 1080, massive difference. If it doesn't help, easy enough to click it back off. And the optimizations might actually help with XP, who knows?

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks TTM.  Huge difference.  Reinstalled Client, GTN, and AS4.  AS4 was giving me fits.  

So your P3D Client is 4.5?

& the other 2 P3D modules are what version now? [I forget their names  - Content? & something else?]

Thanks

TTM

31 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

So your P3D Client is 4.5?

& the other 2 P3D modules are what version now? [I forget their names  - Content? & something else?]

Thanks

TTM

Yes sir, Client only.  Didn’t install the Content and scenery I think it is.

1 hour ago, patful said:

Disable fullscreen optimizations box on the Prepar3D.exe Properties/Compatibility page.

So quickly what does this do?  I have a1080 Ti.  What is it set by default as I have no problems at all and P3D is finally smooth.

34 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

So quickly what does this do?  I have a1080 Ti.  What is it set by default as I have no problems at all and P3D is finally smooth.

Default is fullscreen optimizations enabled. I'm not really sure what it does. I think it's supposed to force windowed games into a borderless screen, plus optimize your system to run the games. Since I already run P3D fullscreen, I don't really see the point. When Microsoft came out with the Creators Update, folks at Avsim started commenting about the optimizations. Maybe we're all just being paranoid.  But when I clicked the opt-out button, my frames went up a little and stutters were reduced with my 1060. With the 1080, the screen tearing and stutters disappeared, and the frames went up quite a bit.

11 minutes ago, patful said:

Default is fullscreen optimizations enabled. I'm not really sure what it does. I think it's supposed to force windowed games into a borderless screen, plus optimize your system to run the games. Since I already run P3D fullscreen, I don't really see the point. When Microsoft came out with the Creators Update, folks at Avsim started commenting about the optimizations. Maybe we're all just being paranoid.  But when I clicked the opt-out button, my frames went up a little and stutters were reduced with my 1060. With the 1080, the screen tearing and stutters disappeared, and the frames went up quite a bit.

Thanks Pat, I’ll try this tonight and see what happens.  I always run it in full screen because to me it loses immersion in windowed mode.

I just install v4.5.11.29713 Hotfix all problems gone better performance for sure no stutters working like charm locked at 60 FPS Vsync ON with triple bufering. Very immpresed with the lastest hotfix update. I will stay for awhile on this version!

7 minutes ago, Almedin said:

I just install v4.5.11.29713 Hotfix all problems gone better performance for sure no stutters working like charm locked at 60 FPS Vsync ON with triple bufering. Very immpresed with the lastest hotfix update. I will stay for awhile on this version!

Cool!!

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes sir, Client only.  Didn’t install the Content and scenery I think it is.

Right. 

So what V4 versions are your Content & Scenery?

Sorry to bang on about this one, but it helps me figure out getting to v4.5. 

I am on Client v4.3 & I think Content & Scenery are V4.2

Thanks

TTM

Hi Jack was there not a 4.4 which is what I thought I was on as haven’t played P3D for a while, to much Division 2 ,will have to check in the morning. So what do I have to do install 4.5 and then the hot fix, plus I will just do the client as well. Derek.

22 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Jack was there not a 4.4 which is what I thought I was on as haven’t played P3D for a while, to much Division 2 ,will have to check in the morning. So what do I have to do install 4.5 and then the hot fix, plus I will just do the client as well. Derek.

Hi Derek, yes, I was on 4.4 for a long time, since it was release.  But 4.5 had bugs in it so LM just released 4.5 with a Hot Fix.  All you need to do is uninstall the Client and then install the new one.  When you go to LM's download page it will be there, 4.5 hot fix.

Bought and installed Division 2 but haven't had a minute to play it.

Looking good, Jack! Just curiosity, how long does your loading screen take ? until 100%. Thank you!! mine get stuck at 6% for like 15-20 seconds too, then one minute more 

till 100%, version 4.4 was worse for me, and if I remember well 4.3 was the best in loading time. Another thing that I wish was better is the entrance loading, how long take 

for you guys ? Mine take 2-3 minutes, should be better ! 

40 minutes ago, Luquinhas said:

Looking good, Jack! Just curiosity, how long does your loading screen take ? until 100%. Thank you!! mine get stuck at 6% for like 15-20 seconds too, then one minute more 

till 100%, version 4.4 was worse for me, and if I remember well 4.3 was the best in loading time. Another thing that I wish was better is the entrance loading, how long take 

for you guys ? Mine take 2-3 minutes, should be better ! 

I can time it either later tonight or tomorrow but I’ll be sure to do it and post the results here.

31 minutes ago, Luquinhas said:

I don't have hotfix yet. 

Have you done a complete new install ? 

Just the 4.5 hot fix Client.  Very seriously improved.  I’m getting a full 30 in 30 locked FPS.  And it’s smooth.

That’s great news Jack, I have been missing flying my airliners in P3D...just to confirm, you downloaded & installed latest version of  V4.5 content and then put the V4.5 hot fix on top of it?

Did you also replace content & scenery without upsetting anything?

1 hour ago, Capt Pugwash said:

That’s great news Jack, I have been missing flying my airliners in P3D...just to confirm, you downloaded & installed latest version of  V4.5 content and then put the V4.5 hot fix on top of it?

Did you also replace content & scenery without upsetting anything?

See #34   I think he just replaced the client, as did I. load times significantly improved outside of TE

Archived