A True story.

FILOU

Now there's a benchmark I can set myself to achieve! Truly magnificent!!!

My first impressions of XP11 are mainly positive - but I do find the excessive jet exhaust blur spoils it a bit. I found a LUA script that works for for aircraft, but not on others. I might do some research and see if I can find out which texture is used (and whether it always has the same name) - then replace it with some 1px dummy. Not sure whether that will work, but worth a try!

Nonetheless  your pics are wonderful!

I'm working my way through creating an xVision profile of my own. If it ends up looking like yours, I'll be well pleased!

Adam.

18 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

My first impressions of XP11 are mainly positive - but I do find the excessive jet exhaust blur spoils it a bit. I found a LUA script that works for for aircraft, but not on others. I might do some research and see if I can find out which texture is used (and whether it always has the same name) - then replace it with some 1px dummy. Not sure whether that will work, but worth a try!

I'm working my way through creating an xVision profile of my own. If it ends up looking like yours, I'll be well pleased!

Adam.

Hi Adam. Nice to see you in the XPlane tribe!

Regarding the "offending" exhaust trail, it can be removed for individual planes, but not reduce the effect as far as my knowledge goes.

You need to open Plane Maker rom your XP directory.

Go to File and click Open.

Click on Aircraft

Choose the plane you want to modify from the list including Extra Aircraft or Laminar aircraft.

Click on Open Aircraft

Click on Expert

Click on Invisible Parts.

At the bottom of that screen you will see " Disable X-Plane's Built in Effects"

Untick all or just start to untick and test individually to see which effect you want to remove. I think the exhaust Wing heat effects but can't be sure as I have unticked all in my goto plane the Cirrus.

Oh and Happy Birthday:)

O

On 4/11/2019 at 3:10 PM, Adam Banks said:

Adam.

Thank you Adam, I like the exhaust blur and I do not think it's too important. It also depends on the planes we use.

You will find many useful things here

I am very happy to see you flying with XP!

Sorry for the delay but I wish you a happy birthday Adam.

2 hours ago, renault said:

FILOU

You continually set the bar for all of us!

You keep me striving to do better.

The mark of a great artist and true teacher!

Cheers

Renault

Thank you very much Renault.

What I like the most in my "Topic" it's to realize that you came back and it's worth all the most beautiful pictures.

Take care Renault.

Archived