A Dorset Jaunt

Mark Abdey

From Compton Abbas to the Jurassic Coast and Poole Harbor. Xp11.32r2 - XVision & BluFX.

Ocw4LTm.jpg

H85dnNy.jpg

zeCvwPY.jpg

KyTQmeD.jpg

wN0Y4LT.jpg

A nicely modeled Corfe Castle.

FtFvbDR.jpg

Studland Heath & Beach and Sandbanks (a nice place to pick-up a cheap house :lol:) to the top.

U3O2IE9.jpg

Dorset's oil industry... yes it has one !... there used to be loads of nodding donkeys on these sites, now replaced by more high tech pumps.

cXfqLf8.jpg

bEiWKgi.jpg

Brownsea Island. NT owned and home to the rare Red Squirrel.

EbsF2zx.jpg

Poole.

iYoWqxI.jpg

Thanks for looking...

That's an absolutely stunning set, the colours and atmospherics are mind-blowing... :wub:

If I may ask... Are the hardware specs in your signature up to date, and if so, what kind of performance are you getting at these settings? I've stuck with P3D as my only sim due to limited time, but my resistance is waning... I've put off any upgrades until I have more free time for simming, so I'm currently running a 1060 6GB and i7 4790K... I wonder if that would give me acceptable performance at 1920x1200 with visuals like yours.

Cheers,

Tym

2 hours ago, Nigelhj said:

Great screen shots Mark, Orbx TE UK always looks so impressive when flying low and slow.

Thanks Nigel... Its perfect for us low and slowers :)

2 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great flight and screenshots!!!!!!!!  Enjoyed your commentary.

Thank you lifejogger, glad you liked them :)

1 hour ago, Capt Pugwash said:

Impresive shots, is Sandbanks ferry there? not had chance to look yet, although did manage a chopper landing at Portland station :)

There is a boat sat there, but maybe a bit small for the ferry.

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Grand set of shots Mark . :):)

Thank you very much John :)

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Some of your finest yet Mark, it's difficult to discern sim and photos now.  How did you get your water to look so good in #10, Brownsea island?

Thanks Jack... the water is altered by a file loaded by XVsion, which is the preset I've customized.

1 hour ago, TymK said:

That's an absolutely stunning set, the colours and atmospherics are mind-blowing... :wub:

If I may ask... Are the hardware specs in your signature up to date, and if so, what kind of performance are you getting at these settings? I've stuck with P3D as my only sim due to limited time, but my resistance is waning... I've put off any upgrades until I have more free time for simming, so I'm currently running a 1060 6GB and i7 4790K... I wonder if that would give me acceptable performance at 1920x1200 with visuals like yours.

Cheers,

Tym

Hi Tym... Thank you :)

My spec are as listed.... I'd love an upgrade, but things are tight with us atm... Having said that I get pretty amazing performance out of XP & TE, but I only run at 1080p, which helps. I added my full settings below.

I've added some shots with the fps counter running just to show the performance, but, over rural areas the frame rate bounces along at 60fps with vsync most of the time... over larger urban areas I'll get 40-45fps... I've not tested over London yet, but no doubt that will tax it a fair bit more.  The only slight issue I see is the sim takes a little while to settle when I first load a flight... it seems to keep loading stuff for about a minute, and then its smooth as glass.

So, yes, I'd say you will have no problems with that rig  at 1200p

Bournemouth 46fps - click to enlarge.

E6d0ZRc.jpg

Another at 50+

WbJNUyF.jpg

Vsync holding it at 60fps

Ju4WkqK.jpg

Settings... I will add reflections sometimes, and the hit is fairly minimal for the most part.

i8Q1tYH.jpg

1 hour ago, Mark Abdey said:

My spec are as listed.... I'd love an upgrade, but things are tight with us atm... Having said that I get pretty amazing performance out of XP & TE, but I only run at 1080p, which helps. I added my full settings below.

I've added some shots with the fps counter running just to show the performance, but, over rural areas the frame rate bounces along at 60fps with vsync most of the time... over larger urban areas I'll get 40-45fps... I've not tested over London yet, but no doubt that will tax it a fair bit more.  The only slight issue I see is the sim takes a little while to settle when I first load a flight... it seems to keep loading stuff for about a minute, and then its smooth as glass.

So, yes, I'd say you will have no problems with that rig  at 1200p

Thanks Mark, that sounds very reassuring. Your settings are actually quite high, so it looks like both the sim and the scenery are really nicely optimised. I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight, although I was originally planning to wait for TE GBS 1.1 and give P3D its last chance... ;) Of course, I'm keeping P3D for landclass regions, but when it comes to orthophoto scenery, XP seems to be in a different league altogether...

Oh, and BTW, I know you shared some of your PTA presets. Is your XVision profile available somewhere, too?

Cheers,

Tym

1 hour ago, Mark Halliwell said:

Great shots Mark.

We visited the Jurassic Coast on Monday. Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens to be precise. It really is a beautiful part of the world and we're so lucky to be only an hour's drive away.

Hi Mark... Thank you :)  We've spent a lot of time down there, but have yet to go to the gardens. We really are in the middle of some amazing places to visit within a short distance; two Moorlands, two very different coast, the Levels, and a whole lot more... it's like being on holiday all the time :)  I will reply to your email tomorrow.

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

fantastic shots of a really nice part of England...

Thank you... yes indeed.

30 minutes ago, TymK said:

Thanks Mark, that sounds very reassuring. Your settings are actually quite high, so it looks like both the sim and the scenery are really nicely optimised. I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight, although I was originally planning to wait for TE GBS 1.1 and give P3D its last chance... ;) Of course, I'm keeping P3D for landclass regions, but when it comes to orthophoto scenery, XP seems to be in a different league altogether...

Oh, and BTW, I know you shared some of your PTA presets. Is your XVision profile available somewhere, too?

Indeed, XP11 and TE seem very nicely optimised... I get better performance than I do in P3D4.4 although that does run nicely too with Orbx landclass.... I've not used TE in that sim, so can't compare directly. If you go for it with XP & TE I hope you find it works as well for you as it does for me :)

I haven't uploaded the profile as yet, but will do soon. 

Archived