Around P3D 4.4 TEGB London

Jack Sawyer

Just now, VH-KDK said:

A very pleasant flight up the Thames, Jack, tinged with some excitement.:)

I hope you are enjoying flying around TEGBS, pretty darned amazing innit!

Thanks Martyn, I am, it's really cool to have this level of detail.  I know some people are having difficulties and I hope they get it working, even my PC goes to low FPS with higher settings but Like I've said many times, London, even in FSX was a heavy hitter, the Seattle of Europe!

22 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn, I am, it's really cool to have this level of detail.  I know some people are having difficulties and I hope they get it working, even my PC goes to low FPS with higher settings but Like I've said many times, London, even in FSX was a heavy hitter, the Seattle of Europe!

I wondered how it would perform in P3D.

It runs fine for me in XP and I can now fly the Netherlands without any problems now that I have changed my PC.

Just now, VH-KDK said:

I wondered how it would perform in P3D.

It runs fine for me in XP and I can now fly the Netherlands without any problems now that I have changed my PC.

I can run it with my usual maxed out settings in the PMDG or Aerosoft Airbus or A2A planes with AS4 running but in London itself it tends to bog down.  So after seeing JV's settings and then Andy's I created a  set of "JV London" and an "Andy1252 London" settings files.  So when I want to fly in and out of there all I have to do ahead of time is load one of those settings files and I'm good to go.

1 minute ago, BradB said:

Oh Jack these shots look amazing but it is obvious you are rudderless in your life now , I mean flying under bridges is so out of character for you . :):blink::huh::o:lol:

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I did this yesterday without the rudder but have it back now and working fine.  I'll have to build more character by flying under bridges more often! :)

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I can run it with my usual maxed out settings in the PMDG or Aerosoft Airbus or A2A planes with AS4 running but in London itself it tends to bog down.  So after seeing JV's settings and then Andy's I created a  set of "JV London" and an "Andy1252 London" settings files.  So when I want to fly in and out of there all I have to do ahead of time is load one of those settings files and I'm good to go.

Hi Jack, nice pix, and glad to have been of help. I didn't really do that much though, my settings are pretty much taken from what Michael (pmb) suggested. I think I only deviated a teensy bit from that so he should really get the credit.

3 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Jack, nice pix, and glad to have been of help. I didn't really do that much though, my settings are pretty much taken from what Michael (pmb) suggested. I think I only deviated a teensy bit from that so he should really get the credit.

Thanks Andy, and thanks Michael @pmb

Hi Jack, great shots I wish I could get these shot's in LONDON no such luck.

Your system: iMac 5K Retina 27" (late 2014)  MacOS High Sierra,  4GHz Intel Core i7,  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3,  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4GB,  1TB SSD,  10TB HDD,  XP11.31

My system: 2K Monitor 27" Asus, Windows 10 with all the updates, 5GHZ Core i9-9900K, 16 GB 3600MHz DDR4, Nividia 2070 8GB 1TB SSD X2

Question is it XP11 or 32 GB of ram that makes the difference? I would sure like to know the answer?

Thanks

2019-2-12_9-11-37-702.jpg

2019-2-12_9-10-7-421.jpg

2019-2-12_9-26-12-86.jpg

These look great!  My system I communicate with is an iMac.  Here's my PC specs:

Built by Jetline

Windows 10 Professional

Chassis: NZXT s340 Elite, White

Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 5, Intel z370, ATX

Processor: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8 GHz Turbo) Six Core

CPU Cooling: Corsair H100 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling

System Memory: 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz

Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti, PCI Express 3.0

System Power: 850 Watt EVGA Power Supply

Sound Card: High Definition Integrated Audio

Primary Data Drive: 1 TB Samsung 860 EVO (SSD)

Secondary P3D Drive: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO (SSD)

Third SSD -2TB Samsung 860 EVO (SSD)

Fourth SSD - 2TB Samsung 860 EVO (SSD)

Three external WD 4 TB HDD's for backups

Optical Drive: 20x DVD/CD burner Drive (USB)

Networking: Wired Ethernet + 802.11ac WiFi Ready

Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech MX800 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Speakers: Bose Companion 5

Yoko yoke

Virtual Fly Ruddo rudder pedals

Virtual Fly TQ6

Samsung 50” UHD TV 7 series - Model UN50NU7100FXZA - S/N 07CX3CAK305996D

Warthog joystick

Saitek TPM

Thanks Jack,

My mistake about your system. Still have 2 questions?

1. Does 32 GB of memory make a difference?

2. Are you running P2D v4.4?

Here are my specs:

Windows 10 Professional

Chassis: Phanteks EVOLV

Motherboard:Asus TUF Z390-Pro

Processor: Intel 9th i9-9900K 8 core

System Memory: 16 GB SKill Z DDR4 3600MHz

Graphics:Nvidia 2070 8 GB

Primary Data Drive 1TB Samsung 860 EVO (SSD) times 2

Speakers Bose Companion 5

Warthog Hotas

Rudder Peddles

27" 2k 144Mhz monitor

Our system is all most the same except for the memory and possible the video card. But when I fly in London it stutters and the frame rate drops to 8-15 fps?

This only happens when using True Earth England in London and True Earth Netherlands in Amsterdam?

Thanks

1 minute ago, NineMile41 said:

1. Does 32 GB of memory make a difference?

2. Are you running P2D v4.4?

Not sure about memory, others are far more knowledgeable than I am on this.

Yes, 4.4.

I personally think it's the old game of hardware that needs to catch up to software.

I even wrote a funny story about it where eI mention that FSX would crash the quantum computers on the Starship Enterprise. :lol:

3 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shots, great flight, fps in and around London always an issue but at least now in 64bit I can fly there in p3d without the vas issue...a lot is about compromise and some people just aren't prepared to do it....

Thanks Wayne!  That’s why I’m glad we can have saved settings files.

Archived