I like the smell of burning plastic in the morning.

VH-KDK

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent Martyn!  I especially like the ground shots and really love that hangar, man I love hangars!

Cheers Jack, I have been through that very hangar a few times in my spotting days back in the 70s.

I would guess that the days of being told you can wander around but keep a keen eye out and don't touch anything have long gone.:(

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Martyn. If you don't like the smell of burning plastic don't extinguish your z-gar on the glare shield:rolleyes::D. Great flight my man.:)

To think I was blaming those marks on the glare shield on the pigeons!:o

46 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Gosh, VH-KDK, what great publicity for EGTR. ORBX has done a great job with that one, and you have taken some great shots of it. The smell is nice, too. Reminds me of...victory. ;)

Thanks Rodger, I just press the buttons.

I thought the Victory was made from wood!:rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, lauriebe said:

Great set Martyn.  Another "must have" for the scenery library.

If only I could find my wallet! :D

Thanks Laurence, a very pleasant flight to Stapleford from here!

Despite my age and awful memory I can remember all the necessary numbers on my card, never any attention drawn as to why I have my cc on the desk!;)

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:16 PM, Rodger Pettichord said:

Gosh, VH-KDK, what great publicity for EGTR. ORBX has done a great job with that one, and you have taken some great shots of it. The smell is nice, too. Reminds me of...victory. ;)

Gotchya, I have never seen the movie so until I googled it I didn't realise the significance of your quote!:rolleyes:

23 hours ago, BradB said:

Fantastic first shots from Esltree  Martyn , sadly that's all I got ........Rodger and Andy stole my napalm . :):(:o:lol:

Cheers

John

Thanks very much John, you must be more careful with your napalm.:lol:

21 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots and detail, Martyn. Nowadays you can use touchless payment with many cards, that keeps be from burning the plastic.

Thank you for the tip Gerold, just as long as the fingers don't get burned!:rolleyes:

16 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Based in Australia yes, but you're glued to your country Marty :D

Nice looking shots

Cheers Carlos, I visited Elstree several times when I lived in England so it is great to go there again after so many years!:)

Archived