Alice Springs test pilot...wait for it

Jack Sawyer

WOW Jack what a set!  Yes the Todd does get water in it every once in a a while, but not every year, during the NT Wet Season between November and March - Alice and the Centre sometimes don't get much Wet at all ...... the Top End always cops it.

1 hour ago, TerribleT said:

WOW Jack what a set!  Yes the Todd does get water in it every once in a a while, but not every year, during the NT Wet Season between November and March - Alice and the Centre sometimes don't get much Wet at all ...... the Top End always cops it.

Thanks T!  I never knew all this, it’s fascinating to me!

When I first moved to The Alice (1972) I bought a house on the East Side, knowing nothing of the Todd "Coming down" but I found out when it did that it cut the town in half for several days..I could take my car to the crossing and walk across a rickety walkway and the rest of the way to work.. This was the case for many years..now of course, there is a road bridge. Terry.

3 hours ago, teecee said:

When I first moved to The Alice (1972) I bought a house on the East Side, knowing nothing of the Todd "Coming down" but I found out when it did that it cut the town in half for several days..I could take my car to the crossing and walk across a rickety walkway and the rest of the way to work.. This was the case for many years..now of course, there is a road bridge. Terry.

That's amazing Terry, it must be quite the torrent in the rainy season.

Archived