Broome

Jack Sawyer

Downloading and installing all my Orbx stuff as I type this.

Got all my planes in and liveries.

Everything seems to be working but I see less sharpness in the distance in 4.4 despite the same settings I had before.

Hopefully that will change when Orbx is installed, I hope so.

Anyway here's some shots from 4.3 from last week.

YBRM Broome to YCLQ, Leveque

IztqRFk.jpg

6yNnnkk.jpg

KUwMRZ1.jpg

td5J5I2.jpg

PdkYOAa.jpg

D4XzS7o.jpg

PskxlOJ.jpg

PMzcFFD.jpg

u8o0OiB.jpg

wvoWIxC.jpg

tXNpWRj.jpg

YVLWwqI.jpg

VydBmNr.jpg

zIfKgSn.jpg

weJdNEz.jpg

Tq3tkKI.jpg

1 minute ago, BradB said:

I am glad you are getting back up and running Jack , these shots look great even with 4.3 . :):D

Cheers

John

Thanks John but I don't know if 4.4 will be better.  I don't have REX TD HD or PTA yet but with default scenery and the same exact settings (I take screenshots of ALL my settings for everything) it looks very blurry.

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John but I don't know if 4.4 will be better.  I don't have REX TD HD or PTA yet but with default scenery and the same exact settings (I take screenshots of ALL my settings for everything) it looks very blurry.

Everybody and their Uncle say it is better , for me I have noticed that scenery at a distance is sharper . Only you will be the final judge on how it looks .

John

Great shots of this exploration in the north of Oz, Jack. I like these bushstrips like Leveque, but in this post I feel some high attractivity in #4...

I have done the switch to 4.4 (client only) yesterday, updated my tools (EZCA and AS16), and re-adjusted all settings in the p3d.cfg. The first flights went well and I found a really great look - but I can´t say if it is better than 4.3 yet (just a full fat region with no photoreal).

6 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots of this exploration in the north of Oz, Jack. I like these bushstrips like Leveque, but in this post I feel some high attractivity in #4...

I have done the switch to 4.4 (client only) yesterday, updated my tools (EZCA and AS16), and re-adjusted all settings in the p3d.cfg. The first flights went well and I found a really great look - but I can´t say if it is better than 4.3 yet (just a full fat region with no photoreal).

:lol:  Thanks Gerold, yeah, she's just so darned purdy (snort!). What did you readjust and why? Curios to know.

15 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey Jack. I suspect that the full installation of your ORBX resources will make a big difference. After watching your reluctance to switch, I'm really curious about your final impression. To be honest, I'm basing my own decision on your experience. 

Hey Rodger, I'm hoping, my friend, I'm, hoping!  I reckon I can have all of it installed by the end of next week or sooner.  Orbx maybe tonight?  late tonight?

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

readjust

As you know after the client installation one should delete shaders & cfg, so that p3d builds them again from scratch. Which means all your settings are lost. So I just copied my old cfg-settings from 4.3.

7 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

A wonderful set Jack especially the ground views of Broome!

GOod to hear you are progressing with your new installation and I hope it all ends up looking just how you want it.

Thanks Martyn.  I hope so too.  As I type this I’m two hours into downloading and installing The Netherlands.  So I have a long weary to go yet.

44 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn.  I hope so too.  As I type this I’m two hours into downloading and installing The Netherlands.  So I have a long weary to go yet.

I don't know how long The Netherlands took for me Jack as I set it up to install and went to bed.

It was all done and dusted 6 hours later when I got up!

Outstanding set there Jack as always! :)

Like Gerold said delete your shalder folder and config.

You can do this as well to help the sharness issue.

Add this line in your prepar3d.cfg with a text editor in the TERRAIN section of the file:

[TERRAIN]
TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9

1 hour ago, adambar said:

Outstanding set there Jack as always! :)

Like Gerold said delete your shalder folder and config.

Add this line in your prepar3d.cfg with a text editor in the TERRAIN section of the file:

[TERRAIN]
TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9

Thanks Adam, that’s what I saw.  I’m doing a full Windows 10 Pro reinstall and same with 4.4 so no need to delete the shaders.  But I have backed them up in case I want to use REX TD HD and PTA which I may not do this time.

Great Screenshots Sir!!

Just a thought Jack ,   if you are using Nvidia Inspector, check to see if Anisotropic filtering is still on and set at 16. If it's off this would explain your sharpness issues. How would it be switched off -- Gosh there are lots of things some of which are explainable and others which are not. Personally I like the one that it might be due to the phase of the moon:)

But in all seriousness it might be worth checking out.

Cheers

R

Good luck with the installation Jack.

After I installed 4.4 client and content, I didn't even erase my Prepar3D.cfg and the shaders and have the wonderful crisp scenery.

Maybe, indeed, after installing ORBX, you'll see enhancement.

9 hours ago, renault said:

Great Screenshots Sir!!

Just a thought Jack ,   if you are using Nvidia Inspector, check to see if Anisotropic filtering is still on and set at 16. If it's off this would explain your sharpness issues. How would it be switched off -- Gosh there are lots of things some of which are explainable and others which are not. Personally I like the one that it might be due to the phase of the moon:)

But in all seriousness it might be worth checking out.

Cheers

R

Thanks Roger, I haven’t used NVI since I was using 3.4.

6 hours ago, Ben77 said:

Always get a little thrill when I see one of my repaints getting some love in some screenshots :P

Great shots as always Jack, you can really feel the humidity in these ones!

Thanks Ben, I didn’ know you did this!  It’s excellent and thank you for it!

2 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Good luck with the installation Jack.

After I installed 4.4 client and content, I didn't even erase my Prepar3D.cfg and the shaders and have the wonderful crisp scenery.

Maybe, indeed, after installing ORBX, you'll see enhancement.

Thanks.  That’s what I’m hoping.  I installed Global but not Vector and flew around Atlanta and saw a huge difference in scenery but it’s difficult to tell about the sharpness.  I will have to make that cfg entry change and see what happens.

14 hours ago, adambar said:

[TERRAIN]
TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9

Hi Adam, I did this and see no difference whatsoever.

So far:

Brand new Windows 10 Pro

All of Orbx Europe

Went to LOWI and took some shots before this line added.

Quit 4.4, added line, went back and saw not bit of difference.

I even cranked all sliders to max, no difference.

No REX TD HD or PTA yet either, still don’t know if I want to install PTA and REX is used for ground textures and sky colors but I may only use it for ground textures because so far I like the sky color.

Thanks and cheers.

Archived