When do you forget your age?

Hi all. I am seventy-five now, and most of the time I know it. An ache or pain, a forgetful moment, minimal stamina, a blind-side by modern technology -- all these and more rub my nose in these advanced years. But sometimes something makes me forget my age, and for a moment I am beyond the limitations and free of the confinement. For me, a good ORBX trip does it. So does a good book. Being with nice people makes the list, and so does time on these Forums. So, my question is -- how about you? What makes you forget your age?

When i sleep:rolleyes:. No just kidding Rodger. Much the same you've so eloquently described. Flying orbx and reading the forum filled with great people like you. Swimming twice a week and going to work two and a half days a week. Looking at 72 in February. Oh boy.:'(:lol::D

• Nick Cooper changed the title to When do you forget your age?

Yesterday.  I had my six-month checkup and my doctor basically threw me out of the office.  She said all my blood work was wonderful, I had lost weight and my blood pressure was also down.  She said I had the health of a person much younger than I am.

Hi, I am 67 now and I forgot until I found this thread... :).  Well I just forgot it for some hours, flying VFR in Austrian Alps until sunset. Our great hobby of Flightsim make it possible to make some dreams rather real. And I forget my age totally while playing keyboards in my two bands. Coming home deep at night after a good gig is like being thirtysomething again. OK - next morning it's like 80 and I need some days to recover. I think the most important thing is to be yourself, and to have nice and good people around you in family and friendship and still a lot of love :lol:! And to have the courage not to waste your remaining time with things or people you don't like.
And what's really great in being older: The duty of work is past. You got the time for all this and can choose your own speed.
So in the moment it feels good and I hope, it will last as long as possible. And that's what I wish you all, dear friens of the airways!
Thomas

Jazzflyer, you hit the nail on the head for me.  Good friends, family, a great book, playing my piano each evening (no gigs for me!), gardening, testing Orbx while flying (old Naval Air vet), and avoiding negative people and situations.  Life is good, even with the few aches and pains here and there.  These forums are still the friendliest out there, rather amazing actually.  :)

At 77 now and I usually forget about it until I try to do things that I used to do a few years back and either can't do them or do them really slow - anything I can't do anymore is consigned to the forget it bin.  However, those pesky birthdays still keep coming around but better than not I suppose :lol:

Usually after the third glass of Chardonnay.  When I was younger the thought of being eighty was far from my mind.  Now that I'm here it doesn't seem a whole lot different.  Physically just accept your losses and be glad the brain is still firing on all cylinders.  I'm pretty happy -  give some credit to the chardonnay. 

Archived