P3D 4.4 released!

working Fine here. the only updates I still need are for FSLAbs aircraft and PTA.  the Rest have already updated their products. IE Chaseplane, Active Sky, and FSUIPC5B) all my my add on Scenery seem to still work.

So I installed Content and Client and there appears to be more volume to the autogen in the latest release as well as a re-work of water detail. Without changing any of my settings I'm seeing more autogen content, new autogen buildings, and i'm losing a few FPS as a result, but not much.

I initially just updated Active Sky as we wait for developers to catch up and I forgot about FSUIPC. I'm not sure why but without updating FSUIPC I was losing 10FPS, and then when I updated that to the latest release, my performance came back, and if anything appears better than 4.3, although I did have to set a target frame rate of 30, as unlimited was giving me micro-stutters, which makes sense because I think target can be set up to 120 now.

Anyway I'll play around for a few days and see how it goes.... but for now looks ok :)

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

Well that was a short lived install.  I installed 4.4 and started the sim and got a message that EZCA isn't compatible.  So it's back to V4.3 for the time being :-)

Hey John, perhaps now is a good time to install Chaseplane. I used to fly with Exzca, but Chaseplane in my opinion is faaaar better :)

5 hours ago, Fco Lozano said:

Hi, I just got P3Dv4.4, update using Client, Content and Scenery files, and I have this surprise with the terrain, someone can tell me how to fix it, this happen in all scenery terrain, this example is in california near Ksan, I have all products of orbx install it.

thumbnail_image1.jpg

thumbnail_image2.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6877.jpg

You need, and always good to do when this happens, a "force migration" procedure.
In this case, since the LM scenery was reinstalled, the entire FTCCentral migration system was messed up. This also happens if, in the case, there was FTX Global Pack installed: there will be a need to reinstall it and apply the "force migration" as well.

See how in shots below:

517632424_ForceMigration.thumb.png.af16b040c95c3f055808923445948354.png

Hi all,

go to www.prepar3d.com for a full explanation of installation procedures and pitfalls. I am currently downloading the client, and will have more to report later...probably much later if reinstallation of FTXC and Vector are required....:-)

Sherm

6 hours ago, Fco Lozano said:

Hi, I just got P3Dv4.4, update using Client, Content and Scenery files, and I have this surprise with the terrain, someone can tell me how to fix it, this happen in all scenery terrain, this example is in california near Ksan, I have all products of orbx install it.

I selected FTXGlobal BAse and verified files. Also do the same if you have openLC Europe and OpenLC NA. Fixed the issue for me.

And I selected Force Migration.

If you uninstall/install only the Client, as I did, everything should work as before.

Nice bonus is, that if you select "Use high resolution terrain textures" in the UI, you get

much more detailed photoscenery, which appears within Orbx regions in many

places, especially airports.

Really nice!

I achieved installation and launch without incident. I am using my collection of ORBX scenery, including Vector. Add ons include AS16 updated to v4.4, PF3 ATC, and LNM...all working fine. Only update not yet received is PTA. Matt Davies says he expects the compatible update to be ready in a few days....The current version does NOT work with v4.4.

sherm

I am finding it feels smoother, might be imagining in but some ground textures appear sharper.  Only strange thing I am seeing (tested at ORBX Bowerman & PNW) is a few autogen buildings, eg a warehouse in the middle of other buildings, will pop into being quite late on as you fly towards them.  Also seeing a bit of mesh/texture popping at a distance that I don’t recall seeing in the same way before.

If you install with the Client over your v4.3, you will lose the Baron, Bonanza, all Textron Planes.  Be warned...you might want to copy your SimObjects folder out to your desktop BEFORE you re-Client.  Same for Gauges...and anything else that the planes call upon. Then, you can re-import them.

37 minutes ago, PNW User said:

If you install with the Client over your v4.3, you will lose the Baron, Bonanza, all Textron Planes.  Be warned...you might want to copy your SimObjects folder out to your desktop BEFORE you re-Client.  Same for Gauges...and anything else that the planes call upon. Then, you can re-import them.

If you literally mean to install”over the 4.3 client, then you are not following Elaine’s instructions. The correct way is To “uninstall”  4.3, then go,through the 4.4 msi routine installation. Be sure to delete the .cfg file and shaders before you first run the now new 4.4.

Sherm

1 hour ago, shermank said:

If you literally mean to install”over the 4.3 client, then you are not following Elaine’s instructions. The correct way is To “uninstall”  4.3, then go,through the 4.4 msi routine installation. Be sure to delete the .cfg file and shaders before you first run the now new 4.4.

Sherm

No...I mean't that if you delete both the Client and Content exe's..and then run the new ones (as you can) others say that you will lose (with new Content) the Textron planes. I just applied the Client, and everything in my planes is still there. The sim looks fantastic at dawn and dusk, with light playing over surfaces. The only thing that I have 'lost', until I figure out how to get them back, are all wake trails of my A.I. Ships.  Other than that...great FPS, beautiful render of scenery, but just no wakes now behind the ships.

Archived