SOMETHING DIFFERENT #6 part 2 ( "from cotton fields to bayous ...and the tragedy of Conney Island Cincinatti" )

jean marc

Link for part 1 : to click on the title here below

PART 2 : 

ehsaJpy.jpg

At the end of the prohibition, near New Orleans, Dad had a bad affair with the Chicago mob and Frank Costello 

#32b

3fDtvSs.jpg

They did not want to pay the agreed price for the barrels after the delivery.

Dad found a way to get the money and they were very against him after that.He had to be hide for a while in the Ozark forest. 

Mr Connely told me the story : "You need to be out of that shit, Fynn. The end is always bad with these shooting monsters. They could be sometimes sympathical guys first but all of them are killers..."

5ALFFm4.jpg

YlTgRyG.jpg

[Polish RWD-8]

I remember he had a strange Polish plane, I saw some parts of the wings in the old barn."It was the cheapest plane, Fynn, and a pretty good one !"

In Mississippi, Dad & Mr Connely helped three escaped prisoners near Greenville.
"One of them, he named Ulysse, was an Irish, so we had to help them. We left these guys in the bayous. Well, we spent a very good time : they were totally crazy !" 
Mister Connely laughed until he cried...

KcqXoxF.jpg

kqY7Jty.jpg

Qb5CQ3a.jpg

DrKJ1Ow.jpg

[Sopwith Camel 1923]

Dad came back a few times in Arkansas and Mississippi during his last few years to collect orders and make deliveries...
Indeed, after the end of the prohibition, his life became better. 
But by there, in the fields, life was still very hard for all the people, ever for the white. I know that Mary's parents had still to struggle constantly to get a minimum.

3nfMPxX.jpg

mpBn1xX.jpg

2flOzeJ.jpg

4uiom4i.jpg

tMt6VeO.jpg

9syZ7hZ.jpg

[Ryan  ST]

I am weak, sad.

That's  the second day, still nobody to open this damned door.

And still no sound outside.

I try to think about beautiful things to keep courage and hope.

FAjDpz2.jpg

iYo9aGs.jpg

iF3JN2h.jpg

UbrOKbx.jpg

[Piper Cub]

MARY - Cincinatti police station 1955

They have just come back from the park and said they did not find anyone.
I am pretty sure they did not search him everywhere.They know he is black.They were smiling. I hate them. 

Where is Fynn ? What is this world ? I would like to pick him and go far away, as far as possible

4xzPb8O.jpg

[Piper Cub]

MARY - Washington state - Olympics Peninsula - 1957/1963

I decided to leave far away to the Pacific North West Coast.

#49b 

NtvN5ud.jpg

I have never heard the true story of Fynn.
We received some money from lawers to prevent us to tell more about the story. Anyway there is no proof, no trace, easy to burry the matter.
Some newspapers tried to reveal some events but without any effects.

IXyy570.jpg

rbvlMcw.jpg

ivBOHsq.jpg

[Piper Cub]

Among the Makah people...Nate, my new family...My mother comes sometimes to visit us, but she feels like a stranger.

q4XVqTO.jpg

I9w89sr.jpg

YxA8DLQ.jpg

[Piper Cub]

Too many people are coming ... it is no more the native world here. 
I plan with Nate to move up to the North, more to the West...and with Fynn who is a part of my soul, my dear black friend...

#55b 

IUOYRaC.jpg

EYVHkcs.jpg

bFBJQGO.jpg

tQpw8IW.jpg

[Albatros DIII & P-40 Tomahawk]

We will cross the border today, hoping that the Makah Koskimo Hami spirits help us to be invisible...

kuseCdE.jpg

x7XObSb.jpg

[Logboat & Canadian Ryan float]

Lidia - Kodiak Island - 1963

"Masha, I have just met a young girl speaking Polish at the airfield, she is just arriving from the South East, from Vancouver Island,..."   
.... story "something different #5" to be continued one day...

Hoping you will like this quite long story 

10 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Good heavens, jean marc, I cannot imagine the hours of work it takes to produce these stories. They are interesting and at the same time wry. Loving them and looking forward to more. Thanks!

many thanks Rodger.

I plan to continue one day the story in Kodiak island with the story 4 (not 5! I made a typo mistake !) about Misha & Lidia from soviet to kodiak

(Not easy to not confuse years and to be consistent with all the details through the long stories...I notice some mistakes when the post are published but it is done and no more possibilities to edit and correct :()

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Such a labour of love that has gone into this post Jean Marc.

SO well done with a great narration.

Many interesting pictures too.

Thank you very much Martyn.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Words can't describe the work that went into this project Jean Marc, hats off to you brother! :)

so glad you like it Adam - thanks 

5 hours ago, JMBIII said:

I am always astounded and fascinated by your story posts, Jean Marc.

Very kind JMB 

Thank you so much ftx Friends !

Such kind comments are encouraging to continue one day a such long story ! :smile:

• 5 months later...
On 4/28/2019 at 6:41 PM, Stillwater said:

Whereever on the world you make them, your stories are exemptionally amazing, Jean Marc!

thank you very much (and lately !) for your so kind comment Gerold.

PS : Next story will be in Groenland and Northern Alaska ... the Inuit World and Artic Exploration :) (but very busy by my job and quite tired to finalize it late in the evening...)

• 5 months later...

Together with Part 1 again a full story and display of so many goodies on historic facts and in between shown all sorts of vintage planes.

An incredible collection well put together.

My hat off for the effort made like you already performed 5 times before this one, congrats ;)

On 22 octobre 2019 at 11:19 AM, ikbenik said:

An incredible collection well put together.

My hat off for the effort made like you already performed 5 times before this one, congrats ;)

You are very kind Ikbenik ! I am glad if you had pleasure to read/watch this very long strory :) 

Archived