Starting off a long way from the City of Colombus

VH-KDK

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

The cockpit looked a lot like an old, trusty 737, but the body seems pimped...

A lot of these freebies have the cockpit based on the 738 as this one has. 

Maybe someone in the know can say just how similar the RL 757 cockpit is to the 737, Jack do you know?

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Maybe someone in the know can say just how similar the RL 757 cockpit is to the 737, Jack do you know?

A 757 is so different from the 737 it's night an day.  A 757 and 767 are 99% twins but a 737, not even close, a 757 is far more modern.  The cockpit of this plane looks like something cobbled together from many different planes, a 737 included. 

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

A 757 is so different from the 737 it's night an day.  A 757 and 767 are 99% twins but a 737, not even close, a 757 is far more modern.  The cockpit of this plane looks like something cobbled together from many different planes, a 737 included. 

Many thanks for your response Jack.

I wasn't sure if there was any commonality between the cockpits but you have answered my question.:D

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Unfortunately the QW757 does not work in p3dv4 yet. But the 787 does, and there is quite a difference to the older ones.

VbVxBji.jpg

Three passengers are already asleep. Six passengers are yawning and soon will be snoring. Stewards are starting the carts down the aisle. Every teen is already absorbed in texting. Mom is trying to shush child. The honeymooning couple is oblivious to it all and is cuddled together absorbed in one another's eyes. An exhausted businesswoman is signing the last paper and looking forward to being home with her husband and kids. The cockpit guys are completing initial task lists and beginning to debate where to eat in Columbus. It's going to be a nice, quiet flight. Thanks, Maryn!

19 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Unfortunately the QW757 does not work in p3dv4 yet. But the 787 does, and there is quite a difference to the older ones.

VbVxBji.jpg

When I tried to install my QW 757 into FSX trashed it so it went to the breakers!

I am only a Ctrl+E flyer Gerold so having all the bells and whistles isn't important to me.

A very suave cockpit though.

2 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Three passengers are already asleep. Six passengers are yawning and soon will be snoring. Stewards are starting the carts down the aisle. Every teen is already absorbed in texting. Mom is trying to shush child. The honeymooning couple is oblivious to it all and is cuddled together absorbed in one another's eyes. An exhausted businesswoman is signing the last paper and looking forward to being home with her husband and kids. The cockpit guys are completing initial task lists and beginning to debate where to eat in Columbus. It's going to be a nice, quiet flight. Thanks, Maryn!

Well done Roger, what a great description.

You forgot to mention that with me flying and the seat belt signs now off there is a long queue forming at the special prayrer room at the back of the plane with the worried passengers pleading for divine intervention!:ph34r::ph34r::o

3 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Well done Roger, what a great description.

You forgot to mention that with me flying and the seat belt signs now off there is a long queue forming at the special prayrer room at the back of the plane with the worried passengers pleading for divine intervention!:ph34r::ph34r::o

:lol: If they didn't have religion before you took off, they sure as heck do now. :lol:

1 hour ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

:lol: If they didn't have religion before you took off, they sure as heck do now. :lol:

I could make a comment but I think the ploderators would delete my post!:footmouth::o:lol:

I had a  friend many years ago who was a Halifax pilot in WW2 and that is how he got religion but I suppose the circumstances were different.

41 minutes ago, adambar said:

Magnificent set of shots and filled with adventure as with all Martyn flights! :D

Thanks for your comment Adam, as in all of my flights the only thing that is filled are glasses of celebratory champas.:huh:

The more the better as then the passengers are so inebriated that they are unaware of my terrible flying.:ph34r::lol::lol:

On 9/4/2018 at 12:00 AM, Rodger Pettichord said:

Really a fantastic description of any red eye flight, in any cabin. The Pulitzer price is waiting for you, Rodger.

On 9/4/2018 at 12:02 AM, VH-KDK said:

When I tried to install my QW 757 into FSX trashed it so it went to the breakers!

I am only a Ctrl+E flyer Gerold so having all the bells and whistles isn't important to me.

A very suave cockpit though.

I had to ban the QW 757 from FSX as well, and did not bring her to p3d. 

And I know you would now be wasting your time with checklists and this stuff :D!

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:07 AM, Stillwater said:

Really a fantastic description of any red eye flight, in any cabin. The Pulitzer price is waiting for you, Rodger.

I had to ban the QW 757 from FSX as well, and did not bring her to p3d. 

And I know you would now be wasting your time with checklists and this stuff :D!

Ah ha! It is not just me then. 

I thought, what have I done wrong now!

What is a checklist Gerold?

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:53 AM, Stillwater said:

In some tapas bars you get such a list. You and your tablemates just have to check what you like, and all these dishes will be served then. In most bars you will have to order the wine separately.

Sounds good Gerold, I have seen them on the TV and the food looks delicious.:P

Archived