Looking for a lighthouse

Jack Sawyer

OND @olderndirt told me to go to PAGS and fly a heading of 250 and out in the gulf will be two islands and on one of them will be a lighthouse and a helipad.  Nope.  :banghead:

So I went in search for it, I was hoping to find Hilda there so we could have a few beers and go fishing.

0Ea3h3z.jpg

cCh8t7W.jpg

It was a rainy day with a lot of snow on the mountains despite it being August 8!

rfAGjPl.jpg

LHjBkxI.jpg

I see the islands and hopefully the lighthouse.

zXuKIdZ.jpg

czt8clk.jpg

There's one.

upPMfvS.jpg

Nuttin'!

pGyYrN1.jpg

Nope!

oUOfYVh.jpg

Maybe this one and Hilda? :wub:

TC8Qk7J.jpg

Ain't happenin'!

UaFEHK1.jpg

Disappointed I fly back to PAGS and dream about Hilda and fishing, not nessecelery in that order, and yes, that's how I pronounce nessecelery :)

hFHkLvZ.jpg

Nice plane to fly but a buzz saw for engine sounds.

QD8Sq6G.jpg

With a plane this small I can land anywhere!

ftg1hHz.jpg

Now to taxi and camp out

drBtNfT.jpg

M8Smd4E.jpg

How about here?  Nah.

r8O8Snt.jpg

I know!

7MXuPY4.jpg

Hey buddy, mind if I camp here?  And thanks for sweeping up the pebbles so's I can sleep without rocks in my back!
ptqjM6t.jpg

OX53Zt0.jpg

Open the canopy, set up the tent and...

HuEKlO6.jpg

Sweet dreams of Hilda and fishing

wQue4lM.jpg

Great shots Jack. There is a Lighthouse pretty close by. Hilda called me last night and told me she's sorry that she couldn't meet you to go fishing. She is enjoying her trip and backpacking through the Andes with US Coast Guard Commander Chris P. Bacon.:rolleyes::lol:

Jack,  you gotta fly lower to find lighthouses. And the Coast Guard recommends having an EPIRB and an exposure suit.  They would be a necessity (or necelery) just in case you suddenly were to cease aviating.  Neat picktures.

51 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. There is a Lighthouse pretty close by. Hilda called me last night and told me she's sorry that she couldn't meet you to go fishing. She is enjoying her trip and backpacking through the Andes with US Coast Guard Commander Chris P. Bacon.:rolleyes::lol:

If there us please tell me the exact coordinates 

No more wasting my time 

49 minutes ago, JMBIII said:

Jack,  you gotta fly lower to find lighthouses. And the Coast Guard recommends having an EPIRB and an exposure suit.  They would be a necessity (or necelery) just in case you suddenly were to cease aviating.  Neat picktures.

Thanks Joe

4 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Don't know what to tell you - it's right there on my map - limited facilities though.  Hilda swam to shore and is running a sort of fish camp.

csp3.jpg

Is this shot in P3D or XP because if it’s XP I’m wasting ny time

Jack, Edie (or is that Kate ?) and I flew out, found the lighthouse, but Hilda had left with some Coastie in a helo.

{Lat 58° 11.97'  -  Lon 136° 38.23'  - about 37 miles  245 deg. from PAGS  - P3Dv3}

yIpUUaX.jpg

IyrXVp1.jpg

25 minutes ago, JMBIII said:

Jack, Edie (or is that Kate ?) and I flew out, found the lighthouse, but Hilda had left with some Coastie in a helo.

{Lat 58° 11.97'  -  Lon 136° 38.23'  - about 37 miles  245 deg. from PAGS  - P3Dv3}

yIpUUaX.jpg

IyrXVp1.jpg

Thanks Joe.  Sorry I got so frustrated, real life getting in the way.  I’ll have a look later but from nowvon if there’s any POI’s I ain’t gonna even bother looking unless I know the area or especially unless I have the exact coordinates 

Excellent images from your wild goose chase and please don't tell Hilda I called her  a wild goose!:ph34r:

I bet you were looking forwards to taking her for a trip in your Cri Cri.:huh::ph34r::lol::wub:

Lettuce hope you find her or the lighthouse next flight.:wacko:

You need to take Tom Arto as a guide.:wacko:

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent images from your wild goose chase and please don't tell Hilda I called her  a wild goose!:ph34r:

I bet you were looking forwards to taking her for a trip in your Cri Cri.:huh::ph34r::lol::wub:

Lettuce hope you find her or the lighthouse next flight.:wacko:

You need to take Tom Arto as a guide.:wacko:

:lol:  Better mood today, still in a great deal of pain with my knee and steroids do not help my mood.

Anyway, I'm gonna try to find several today with these coordinates using a chopper.

"lettuce..."  "Tom Arto". :lol:

4 hours ago, Doc Scott said:

Here's light in the dark

This one comes with ORBX SAK. It's situated appr.4nm  north west of Juneau

Thanks Scott!  This will keep me busy today as I'm not allowed to do anything, doctor's orders.

I really appreciate the coordinates and I needed to start testing all my Orbx Alaska stuff anyway so it'll be fun.

Archived