Some very personal screenshots! But this is my "virtual" family

HercFan

I've been around this forum for a very long time. Actually, many of the "regulars" from back when I was quite active have come and gone. 

But since the ORBX forum has been my virtual hangar/home for so many years, and since I gather this is the place where several of you would understand how i feel at the moment...

These are my latest screenshots. It's my daughter actually. Member of the Royal Canadian Air Cadets (and already a licensed glider pilot) she earned a "scholarship" for her private pilot license this summer. Earlier this week, she flew her solo flight, and things are going great thus far.

Hard to believe not so long ago she was sitting on my knees pointing at the screen while I was flight simming. 

Here are a few shots after landing of her solo flight. Apologies if no ORBX scenery were used. But she's at a flying school at CYSC (Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada)... which is part of the freeware package!!

DCRy3dL.jpg

hsgcnf6.jpg

Wow! What a proud moment (but don't they grow up so fast!!!).

Delighted to see that Air Cadets are going strong in Canada. I belonged to them in the UK - and got a free gliding course (and many powered flights) out of them. Had I have intimated that I *might* join the RAF, I could have got a PPL scholarship. Sadly, in those post Cold-war days, my Polish ancestry precluded that.

So many things seemed to be on offer for us kids in those days.

Is that a C172? Would she like a custom repaint?

Adam.

9 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

Is that a C172? Would she like a custom repaint?

Adam.

Yup. She's doing her PPL course in a 172. But the one she did her solo in is not the one she flies in every day. A repaint? That would be insane. I have the A2A 172. I will ask her for some shots of her regular plane (which she's in love with...). 

And indeed, Air Cadets are doing fine here in Canada. Amazing all the things she did in the last 4 years!

• 1 month later...

To all my "virtual friends". In french, we would say "la boucle est bouclée''. My 17 y.o. daughter received her pilot wings yesterday! I guess all those years watching her dad ''virtually flying'' got her interested. :lol: 

And now, I find out just how much more REAL flying is expensive!!!

sab wings.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived