A change of weather for Cagey Katie

VH-KDK

It is about time I flew Old Big Head again.

1.kPEjJr0.jpg

I set the date to system time but AS16 has produced another very dull day in Tennessee which happened the last time I flew in this area.

2.HlEAZLS.jpg

KGKT looks much better now with ORBX Weather 2, my favourite setting.

3.ok9VHs8.jpg

So we lift off over Cherokee Hills with the Great Smoky Mountains in the distance.

4.j1iJmj4.jpg

There is English Mountain with part of Newport and Lake Douglas. 2 million gallons of water come from English Mountain Spring every day providing the areas drinking water.

5.ckoIzAo.jpg

The upper part of Douglas Lake and White Pine town. The only drawback with ORBX Weather 2 is that the visibility will suddenly close in, not much use if you like sight seeing.

6.9TMdbAd.jpg

So a change of settings again, this time my own advanced weather. Here we are at Rogersville which was settled in 1775 by the grandparents of Davy Crockett no less.

7.ntfas3d.jpg

At Clinchport and into Virginia. I love the topography and here are Moccasin and Pine Ridges.

8.pgTMEyd.jpg

At Dungannon on the Clinch River.

9.gCWzJGH.jpg

Passing Beckley West Virginia and KBKW, Raleigh County Memorial KBKW can be seen.

10.DkBE3CI.jpg

Hwy 64 crosses the New River at Sandstone.

11.JeRvhZF.jpg

Dropping the gear as we make a steep approach into KLWB Greenbrier Valley and there is Hwy 64 again.

12.f4LgD1h.jpg

A rare landing as the nose wheel is dead on the centre line.

I hope you enjoyed the flight as much as I did.

Very successful cheat with the weather, makes for some brilliant pictures, mate!

If only one had the chance to do this in real life: I have been to China for two weeks and did not see any blue sky in this time. When I returned to Germany on Friday I was shocked how amazing the sky can be!

Archived