Big Bird meets Big Bear

You guys know me right?  I couldn't resist.  Didn't have a lot of time to explore with a chopper so I wanted to see if I could do it, not the best landing but I did it.  :D

ElR1IuA.jpg

C7platq.jpg

1NWYrR1.jpg

FyaOWdb.jpg

ikial0L.jpg

XBssIRI.jpg

7CR79Oq.jpg

9sFW6in.jpg

ktqEjbV.jpg

uGVKQWF.jpg

jJf3ugf.jpg

bvEO79c.jpg

K7sdoos.jpg

T0o9Hk2.jpg

ENICmpr.jpg

AyJ0Mt1.jpg

35hfaNb.jpg

0RgQNiP.jpg

Just now, BradB said:

Wowser's Mr Jack , stunning new shots from Big Bear !! .

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  What a place!  So detailed, I can't wait to do some proper flying and heli exploring.  You know how I am, I had to do it to be goofy and different.  But it's a beautiful area and I wish Orbx would create more and more as I want more and more. :D

Just now, bernd1151 said:

Hahaha, when I first read the title, I thought: oh no!! ;)  But, as expected, great performance, buddy ;);)

Thanks Bernd!  I did that on purpose expecting that reaction.  Glad you like them my friend!  So glad you liked them.

Bet that got the Neighbors attention.  

I just did a flight from KAVX to L35 and it was brilliant just like your shots Jack.

The Orbx system really is amazing. I mean I bought the program and installed within a few minutes and was sitting at RWY in the new Brilliance of L35  a minute of two after that.

3 hours ago, FSRobert said:

Bet that got the Neighbors attention.  

I just did a flight from KAVX to L35 and it was brilliant just like your shots Jack.

The Orbx system really is amazing. I mean I bought the program and installed within a few minutes and was sitting at RWY in the new Brilliance of L35  a minute of two after that.

Thanks Robert!  The neighbors were cheering me on! :D   I LOVE FTX!  It's the simplest and most elegant interface I have ever used.  I buy them on my iMac and when I get a chance I turn on the flight PC and load it, easy peasy!

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

You guys know me right?  I couldn't resist.  Didn't have a lot of time to explore with a chopper so I wanted to see if I could do it

well Jack not sure the peaceful place would appreciate your plane choice in RL ... but in SIM you are right : so funny :P

3 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Fantastic set of shots Jack and i enjoyed your flight and it looks like you had loads of fun with your flight regards EMM

It was fun Stewart but too short as I had to hit the trails in the heat and I should have jus stayed home, it's so hot and full of bugs :banghead:

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

There was me thinking it was going to be something about Sesame Street!:(

Some more very skilful flying again Jack, now let's see you do it at Lake Arrowhead.:o

Top class set of views BTW.:rolleyes:

I was hoping someone would catch the reference!  I doubt I could to that at Lake Arrowhead though, was too small. :blink:

2 hours ago, DTH said:

Big Bear will love you now that you have shown UPS that they can fly in and out of the airport vs trucking them in.  Love the shots.

Thanks DTH!  They'll love all the cold beer they can fly in! :D

20 minutes ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Love those shots Jack. The angle of 

that takeoff is really something. I 

thought, oh no ! He is going to loop it.:D

Regards....Anthin.

Thanks Anthin!  I could loop it but been there done that.  I wanted too see if I could land.  I came in too fast and had hot brakes.  If I had more time I could have floated to a perfect landing but was in a massive rush.

3 minutes ago, jean marc said:

well Jack not sure the peaceful place would appreciate your plane choice in RL ... but in SIM you are right : so funny :P

Thanks Jean Marc. If I lived there I real life and saw that I'd beg to go for a flight on it.  But you're right, in the sim I can do what I want and break all the rules. :D

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:
5 minutes ago, jean marc said:

Thanks Jean Marc. If I lived there I real life and saw that I'd beg to go for a flight on it.  But you're right, in the sim I can do what I want and break all the rules. :D

so great this freedom for the simflight ... everywhere, with anything you want and as you want O0 ... and you can share some crazy flights in the forum B)

20 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Wowser Jack. Well done great shots. If you delivered beers with that thing we wouldn't run out for a year even with all of my fellow "sipping" friends on this forum:P:lol::D

Thanks Karl!  Now I'm hankerin' for a beer!  :lol:

11 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Another infamous Jack Sawyer post! :D:lol:  I'll bet the ground was trembling when that thing was hookin' down the rwy! :rolleyes:  Probably not a bear left in valley!!

Thanks Roger!  I'll bet it was too and the skies were torn apart with those engines at full throttle.  The bears?  They wanted to come along.  :) 

29 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Very impressive shots, Jack - impressive in every way of meaning! Thank you for coming back and landing there again! :D 

Thanks Lars!  I love doing this with new airports, it's kind of my own personal challenge.

1 hour ago, jotaedo said:

ajjajaja jack someone called asking about you and they said something about paying some pavement and concrete bills...

The check's in the mail :D  Actually, they asked me to do this so they could improve the runway, I think...:D

Archived