Testing p3dv4.3

Just done a flight with p3dv4.3  out with rex skyforce  and pta and Adams preset my flight started at Geneva and ended in Milan I hope you enjoyed my flight  and I am sorry there are so many shots

from my flight I just get carried away with my clicking  and I hope you enjoy my set of shots from my flight regards EMM

VGoEr6B.jpg

8JtH1ZW.jpg

wGwdyhV.jpg

fmnhBbl.jpg

1K2GuzF.jpg

bJMWAKQ.jpg

JF2yN7B.jpg

rm2qHQj.jpg

Bm23QUE.jpg

IBE5gdj.jpg

QouswJO.jpg

yai9tDo.jpg

Vdakjno.jpg

tEuUhmE.jpg

7tc3073.jpg

M2wx1zz.jpg

vNweS4O.jpg

KvemErt.jpg

xAtf8bb.jpg

WzfPAby.jpg

fyC7vGv.jpg

lzhztQZ.jpg

3a2mYOz.jpg

fnv0Raf.jpg

xYMR6u4.jpg

qvRUFxB.jpg

rmH7Zkc.jpg

LogkkR6.jpg

Well ... I can see all 28 (!!) of the pics just fine!!!!

Thanks for the continuing plugs for my preset(s), Stu, but I'm a little worried about some of your posts lately. This has finally prompted me into action!

In a nutshell, I'm wondering whether PTA is working correctly. I use my preset almost daily (so I'm very familiar with the palette) - and the results look quite different to yours. I have some questions for you (please don't take these the wrong way!!):

1) You say these last shots are from P3Dv4.3 ... yet PTA won't run under this new P3D (yet) ... unless you used Gerard's manual "kludge" to swap the shaders folder from an old P3Dv4.2+PTA backup.

2) I've been seeing loads of the dreaded "blobby" clouds in many of your posts. My preset uses the PTA tweak for those - so you shouldn't be seeing them (in theory!).

3) All your pics seem quite dark compared to mine. P3D screenshots are raw - and will ignore any monitor brightness/contrast settings you may use to suit your own personal taste. I'm thinking that either HDR isn't ticked in P3D or you're using different values from the ones recommended for each preset (they do change).

So ... when you add it all up, something doesn't seem right about your PTA! More info please (I'm only trying to help)!

Adam.

2 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Well ... I can see all 28 (!!) of the pics just fine!!!!

Thanks for the continuing plugs for my preset(s), Stu, but I'm a little worried about some of your posts lately. This has finally prompted me into action!

In a nutshell, I'm wondering whether PTA is working correctly. I use my preset almost daily (so I'm very familiar with the palette) - and the results look quite different to yours. I have some questions for you (please don't take these the wrong way!!):

1) You say these last shots are from P3Dv4.3 ... yet PTA won't run under this new P3D (yet) ... unless you used Gerard's manual "kludge" to swap the shaders folder from an old P3Dv4.2+PTA backup.

2) I've been seeing loads of the dreaded "blobby" clouds in many of your posts. My preset uses the PTA tweak for those - so you shouldn't be seeing them (in theory!).

3) All your pics seem quite dark compared to mine. P3D screenshots are raw - and will ignore any monitor brightness/contrast settings you may use to suit your own personal taste. I'm thinking that either HDR isn't ticked in P3D or you're using different values from the ones recommended for each preset (they do change).

So ... when you add it all up, something doesn't seem right about your PTA! More info please (I'm only trying to help)!

Adam.

Well Adam I just updated p3d v4.3 content and client today and I did not know pta would not work with p3dv4.3 I already had it on with p3dv4.2 and I have been using your preset with 

pta 261 .03 vc off  and set to 78 , 15 ,and 81  and I was using rex sky force I just do not know what I am doing wrong I have a acer predator 4k monitor  and the new pta vershion has just come out  regards stewart

1 hour ago, European Mountain Man said:

Thanks John I just do not understand what you mean regards EMM

Just a little humor Stewart , all your shots look great on my end . :D:)

John

11 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Well Adam I just updated p3d v4.3 content and client today and I did not know pta would not work with p3dv4.3 I already had it on with p3dv4.2 and I have been using your preset with 

pta 261 .03 vc off  and set to 78 , 15 ,and 81  and I was using rex sky force I just do not know what I am doing wrong I have a acer predator 4k monitor  and the new pta vershion has just come out

Hi Stewart! You just answered my next question: was it the latest PTA (2.62)? :lol:. When you took those pics (above) - where the with P3Dv4.3 and the old PTA (2.61)? You shouldn't have been able/allowed to apply the preset ... which is why I'm wondering what's going on (!).

If you're using the VC-off version, my HDR settings are Brightness: 0.78 | Bloom: 0.10 | Saturation: 0.82 - though I don't think those values will make a huge difference.

I also use REX SkyForce. In REX/SF, do you have the textures set to use HDR? Check Texture Settings : HDR Lighting. Both should be set to HDR.

I'm still intrigued as to why you're getting those "blobby" clouds - I just don't get them.

Adam.

4 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Hi Stewart! You just answered my next question: was it the latest PTA (2.62)? :lol:. When you took those pics (above) - where the with P3Dv4.3 and the old PTA (2.61)? You shouldn't have been able/allowed to apply the preset ... which is why I'm wondering what's going on (!).

If you're using the VC-off version, my HDR settings are Brightness: 0.78 | Bloom: 0.10 | Saturation: 0.82 - though I don't think those values will make a huge difference.

I also use REX SkyForce. In REX/SF, do you have the textures set to use HDR? Check Texture Settings : HDR Lighting. Both should be set to HDR.

I'm still intrigued as to why you're getting those "blobby" clouds - I just don't get them.

Adam.

Thanks Adam when i took the pictures it was the old  version of pta i was using  and i did not have high resolution terrain textures ticked  in p3dv4.3  i only installed the other day when i do another flight see if you think the shots look better and i have now insaled the new version of pta 2.61 regards stewart EMM

28 minutes ago, European Mountain Man said:

Thanks Adam when i took the pictures it was the old  version of pta i was using  and i did not have high resolution terrain textures ticked  in p3dv4.3  i only installed the other day when i do another flight see if you think the shots look better and i have now insaled the new version of pta 2.61 regards stewart EMM

Don't forget to check the HDR settings in REX Skyforce!

Adam.

7 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Adam.

Hi Adam just done a flight 82 , 15  ,81 and changed the preset to lighting on looks ok I will be posting shortly see if you think it looks betterand I have the textures set to HDR AND HDR lighting regards EMM

Archived