Broadwater Mallard

VH-KDK

A real beauty.

Above the plane's tail is Wavebreak Island. To the east or to the left of Wavebreak is the Seaway Entrance, the passage from the open sea.

The towers beneath the aircraft are just down the street (south of where I live), and just across the street from the flat-fronted high-rise is one of the best coffee shops on the Coast.

Great paint, TAA Trans Australia Airlines long since morphed into Qantas.

I flew into Coolangatta this morning and among the locals was a Singapore A330, Air Asia A330, and a Jetstar 787.

More trivia on application.

9 hours ago, macca22au said:

A real beauty.

Above the plane's tail is Wavebreak Island. To the east or to the left of Wavebreak is the Seaway Entrance, the passage from the open sea.

The towers beneath the aircraft are just down the street (south of where I live), and just across the street from the flat-fronted high-rise is one of the best coffee shops on the Coast.

Great paint, TAA Trans Australia Airlines long since morphed into Qantas.

I flew into Coolangatta this morning and among the locals was a Singapore A330, Air Asia A330, and a Jetstar 787.

More trivia on application.

Many thanks Ian. Thank you for sharing your local knowledge, this is what I enjoy about the forums.

I can remember the TAA days, I flew with them once and they were so bloody rude that I always flew Ansett after that.

TAAs final livery was very well done though.

6 hours ago, jean marc said:

Great shot Martyn :)

...well Mary's house seems a good place but I have no idea where/what it is :unsure:

Thanks Jean Marc, I wasn't sure either but I found this rather jolly song which knowing Erik's excellent taste for music is hopefully what he was referring to.

3 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Jean Marc, I wasn't sure either but I found this rather jolly song which knowing Erik's excellent taste for music is hopefully what he was referring to.

delightful song ... with a taste of "années folles" and banjo ... glad to discover it :rolleyes:

Mario's painstaking accuracy makes this scenery superb.  I can only congratulate him again.  It is brilliant.

JV:  as you know the Gold Coast has a fast changing skyscape and landscape so I hope there can be the occasional update.  Canberra in parts is quite changed for instance, and really does need to update..

Soon I will be hoping for some local interpretation of the Nice Cote d'Azur cityscape.

Archived