Very pleased with YBCG!

Jack Sawyer

22 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

I am also very pleased with YBCG and with this series of screenshots, too. A couple of really beautiful captions. Although I am irritated that you didn't make it to the runway even. :D

Thanks Lars, but irritated?  :unsure:  I'm sorry my friend, these tail draggers are the most difficult thing I try to fly, a chopper is much easier.  I don't know how people land them in real life.

20 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Wow! :o

These are spectacular! So Crisp, So Clean

Absolutely Beautiful!!

Thanks Ziggy!  Throw in some REX sky colors, ASCA for clouds, PTA I modified, and they all combine to make the Orbx stuff look really nice.

13 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Wow Jack, these shots are great!!!!!  They are so good I looked at them a number of times!!!!!! 

Thanks John, that's the ultimate compliment, I do the same with a lot of other's shots too, even your Route 66 ones! :)

17 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Lars, but irritated?  :unsure:  I'm sorry my friend, these tail draggers are the most difficult thing I try to fly, a chopper is much easier.  I don't know how people land them in real life.

Now I understand. I remember that they are really difficult to manoeuver. And I thought that you just couldn't wait to get to the BBQ over at Southport. :D

5 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Now I understand. I remember that they are really difficult to manoeuver. And I thought that you just couldn't wait to get to the BBQ over at Southport. :D

Well, there's that, I wanted a steak but got a burger instead.  Oh well.. :P

Yellow Texan , contest prize Orbx scenery ( which looks amazing ) - Life is good Jack . :):)

Cheers

John

One thing , did you notice the the weird shadow's and textures on the beaches in shots 8 and 9 Jack ? . Is that a glitch ?? .

4 minutes ago, BradB said:

Yellow Texan , contest prize Orbx scenery ( which looks amazing ) - Life is good Jack . :):)

Cheers

John

One thing , did you notice the the weird shadow's and textures on the beaches in shots 8 and 9 Jack ? . Is that a glitch ?? .

Thanks John, I noticed that too, I really don't know.  Maybe someone else could go there?  Maybe I have to re-run Vector elevation?  I honestly don't know what to do about it.

Excellent set of shots Jack! :). Your sim is looking amazing! 

Your yellow Texan/Harvard looks great! It is still on my 'buy sometime' list! :D

BTW, don't forget that you have a 'free' second airport in this package.

This is a wonderful set showing off the new YBCG airport scenery Jack, and all of it in a nice nice coat of yellow :) Besides the odd graphics on the shoreline that you already noticed, has anyone else noticed the kerfuffel of tubeliners on the ground below Jack where he is climbing vertically? What ground marshaller parked those planes I wonder?

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

This is a wonderful set showing off the new YBCG airport scenery Jack, and all of it in a nice nice coat of yellow :) Besides the odd graphics on the shoreline that you already noticed, has anyone else noticed the kerfuffel of tubeliners on the ground below Jack where he is climbing vertically? What ground marshaller parked those planes I wonder?

I noticed it and thought, perhaps it's a case of long time parking.

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent set of shots Jack! :). Your sim is looking amazing! 

Your yellow Texan/Harvard looks great! It is still on my 'buy sometime' list! :D

BTW, don't forget that you have a 'free' second airport in this package.

Thanks Paul!  I should have used a Oz rego but I didn't have the time, this was just looking.  And I did, I landed at I think it's YSPT?

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Thanks Landon, and that's nothing, they actually do that, you would not believe how many we can fit in a hangar.  You can literally walk across the entire hangar, end to end without ever touching the floor.  Wingtip to wingtip, and with the planes in for maintenance you go though them though the overwing doors, it's a trip!

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Excellent set as usual Jack.

I have a slight concern that your yellow aircraft are tending towards a 'lemon' shade of yellow, as opposed to the earthy yellow of your earlier efforts.

Or perhaps its my monitor.:)

TTM

Oh, but that's fresh squeezed lemon TTM! :D  I really like it meself! :)

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

I noticed it and thought, perhaps it's a case of long time parking.

They do this in real life as I said above.  It's a sight to see because the maintenance area is "free parking" meaning no airport parking fees.

1 hour ago, captainbluesky said:

Very nice shots Jack and congratulations winning the May screen comp.

I recently bought YBCG and it is a fab scenery. 

The airfield lighting is awesome too.

Thanks Captain!  It is fab and you're right, in the control panel I kept dynamic lighting on but have yet to change it to night, I can't wait.

48 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul!  I should have used a Oz rego but I didn't have the time, this was just looking.  And I did, I landed at I think it's YSPT?

Oops! Well I have told you that I have a problem with my eyesight Jack! ;):huh:

Good shots Jack.  The T6 is a pig of a thing to land at the best of times ........... now be honest Jack, how was that landing down over the tree onto that skinny runway?  Was it worth the burger?

Bruce R

2 minutes ago, Bruce R said:

Good shots Jack.  The T6 is a pig of a thing to land at the best of times ........... now be honest Jack, how was that landing down over the tree onto that skinny runway?  Was it worth the burger?

Bruce R

:lol: Thanks Bruce!  It was worth, I actually landed ok but did get any shots of it.  It's a small runway like you say and I though the same thing, someone needs to cut down that tree. :)

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I should have used a Oz rego

Hop over to Avsim and get that shiny repaint I did the Lady Elliot flight from.  It's an Australian T6/Havard.  File is;   jt_t6_vh-nzh_v2.zip

Bruce R

11 minutes ago, Bruce R said:

Hop over to Avsim and get that shiny repaint I did the Lady Elliot flight from.  It's an Australian T6/Havard.  File is;   jt_t6_vh-nzh_v2.zip

Bruce R

Thanks Bruce!  I'll do that in a little while!  Cool.

Archived