Tidbinbilla for Aussie

Well, @Aussie123 wanted me to fly inverted over Tidbinbilla Deep Space Communication Complex near Brindabella.  (Gosh I love Australian places manes!)

So here you go my friend.  And a nice landing back in Canberra.  Marvelous place and if you didn't tell me about those radar dishes I never would have know so thanks!

zXag1yh.jpg

BySdwD9.jpg

E.T. Phone home!

k5P94IW.jpg

Ok!  Let's do this!

MqLR5ic.jpg

Ta Da!

BPFsXQa.jpg

z7AgOeR.jpg

zNlbIaY.jpg

qRsWJ0y.jpg

eeupoPI.jpg

TTmEQ5i.jpg

7Vwxyi1.jpg

NOH1IfG.jpg

PzRq4qD.jpg

Now for some, how do they say it Down Under?  Caridea and Dendrobranchiata on the outdoor, charcoal powered cooking device? 

0zfm8ia.jpg

Hello Jack,

Very nice series of shots and great camera angles. As you can see from the NASA web site, Orbx only portrays the Space Tracking Station in a basic format but I'm sure they would have come out and shaken their fists at you no matter how attractive your helicopter looks. :)

The eighth shot down, is nice. ;) You are flying low over Government House (Near the dam wall) That is where all the Royals (including the Queen) stay when they visit Canberra. Can't say I've approached the airport from that angle. Didn't realise how well detailed it is. Almost see the large mob of kangaroos that are in the grounds.

Great collection Jack, Thanks.

Aussie.

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Great flying Jack and some interesting scenery.

I like the leaden sky too.:)

Thanks Martyn!  AS4 and ASCA.  It is interesting scenery indeed, I really like it.  Those dishes, I never would have seen them.

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Great flight and flying Jack!  I like your personalised livery on your helicopter :).

Thanks Paul!  JMBII did it and I'm very grateful to him for it.

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

6 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Hello Jack,

Very nice series of shots and great camera angles. As you can see from the NASA web site, Orbx only portrays the Space Tracking Station in a basic format but I'm sure they would have come out and shaken their fists at you no matter how attractive your helicopter looks. :)

The eighth shot down, is nice. ;) You are flying low over Government House (Near the dam wall) That is where all the Royals (including the Queen) stay when they visit Canberra. Can't say I've approached the airport from that angle. Didn't realise how well detailed it is. Almost see the large mob of kangaroos that are in the grounds.

Great collection Jack, Thanks.

Aussie.

Thanks Aussie!  Have you ever been to that dam?  And do the keep kangaroos there on purpose?  I love kangaroos, I've never even seen a real one.

2 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Beautiful impressions from Canberra and very impressive flying - I never really learned how to fly a helicopter. :huh:

Thanks Lars, they're a lot of fun and a great way to low and slow.  It took a lot of practice, the trick is to practice getting into a hover, everything else flows from that.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic shots, Jack - and also fantastic proofs of your navigation & aerobatic skills!

Thanks Gerold!  Kind of you to say.

12 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. Lol and them aircraft technicians love it when you fly "right side up" with that ceiling fan "thing". They get to find the lose change falling outta your pockets.:rolleyes::D

Thanks Karl!  I could tell you some funny stories of F-111’s :) 

Archived