777 at EHAM

Well, after a very long day and night yesterday I have SPAD somewhat figured out and all the jets now work with the flight control hardware.  Still more fine tuning but I can now make flights.  

So here's EHAM in TE NL.  It was very cloudy at first with AS4 on so I then shut it off so I can see how nice NL looks and it was wonderful, very smooth and nice and that big screen really helps the immersion.  Please share my happiness.

All hand flying.

Ge1bDac.jpg

z8DB0NA.jpg

4GX2Cl1.jpg

CzTKUhQ.jpg

vUqaPgS.jpg

y6A04qf.jpg

3mOlldo.jpg

LG1fT08.jpg

4rRs6D4.jpg

MVdZAmU.jpg

4 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots of a little low&slow tour. With an appropriate bird to do so.

Dunno Gerold.....flying 191 knots while turning base to final and fully configured for landing :o

Yes, Jack, everything is notified....;)

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Top notch shots these Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

3 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

A nifty fly out on the Dutch territory!

Thanks Erik, it is rather Orbx niftiness!

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Nice shots and nice tour North of Schiphol.

Luckily no hot air balloons in the vicinity to spoil your manually flown approach.

Thanks Fred, nope, we were told to try to stay away from airspace but if your drifted in you were asked to vacate as soon as the winds allowed.

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots of a little low&slow tour. With an appropriate bird to do so.

PS: I can use many procedures from the 777 in the 787 as well. Still trying to adapt, but it looks promising.

Thanks Gerold.  I'm keeping an eye on it.  I have a lot of jets now, the PMDG NGX, 777, 747, TFDi's 717, and the FLSabs A320.  That's a lot but I looked long and hard at that 787 and I'm this close to buying it.

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Dunno Gerold.....flying 191 knots while turning base to final and fully configured for landing :o

Yes, Jack, everything is notified....;)

:lol: Good catch Fred!  I was just testing anyway, soon I'll be making more sensible flights.

5 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Great and dazzling shots on your new PC over this beautifully rendered scenery Jack :) I am sharing your happiness as directed ;) 

Thanks Landon, I'm going to try that dusk flight in the A2A Cherokee from KSAN to Catalina tonight.

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set Jack and as good as the weather was on the ground it looks so much better once clear and sunny.

Great to see your new PC bringing you some joy at last!:)

Thanks Martyn!  I agree, I didn't know it was gonna be so foggy and I wanted to test the PC but not in zero visibility so I shut off the AS4 and then marveled at the view on that screen and all the beautiful NL TE details, I'm very impressed by what I see.

8 hours ago, adambar said:

I knew you could do it Jack, great job, everything looks outstanding! :D 

Thanks Adam, it took a lot of long days and nights but I'm almost there.  Just some minor stuff and relearning a lot of things.

9 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Very impressive Dutch & Boeing shots, Jack. The "tire pressure" warning comes from using slew mode. :D

Thanks Lars but I didn’t use slew mode in this set.  I think it was hot brakes from taxi and brake testing :) 

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Lars but I didn’t use slew mode in this set.  I think it was hot brakes from taxi and brake testing :) 

You must have tested a lot! Iirc, when the tires are flat, it's difficult even to taxi on the apron, how did you manage to get into the air?

1 minute ago, Captain Lars said:

You must have tested a lot! Iirc, when the tires are flat, it's difficult even to taxi on the apron, how did you manage to get into the air?

I went to the maintenance screen and cooled or replaced the brakes or something like that, I forget.

Archived