Just setting out

VH-KDK

A few images from a small flight I did to fill in 10 minutes before bed time.

KSAN was the departure location and you can make your own mind up as to which City the MD83 ended up

1.LrO6DWF.jpg

2.2R1OkL5.jpg

3.KCbqse2.jpg

4.HyfMUAE.jpg

5.tAe0mHd.jpg

6.dw95nzh.jpg

6 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Very nice shots Martyn.  The plane is from Alaska and you took off from San Diego and flew for 10 minutes. Maybe Tijuana?

Thanks John but we would have got a taxi to there.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

After passing LA... and being an orbyfied ppilot I would guess you are heading for Monterey?

The company told us that if we went there we would be canned!:wacko:

50 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

The company told us that if we went there we would be canned!:wacko:

At least the right road would be close.

Next guess... 1/2 moon bay would be a little too little, KSFO not Orbx... , Redding maybe?

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

We would certainly Cast a Giant Shadow landing at KSNA Landon.:wacko:

Well, I didn't say that you landed there Martyn...in fact, I didn't even know if you landed at all, based on the pictures ;) 

Short story/comment.  Back in the day Alaska Air flew 727's into Anchorage and were very handy with them - "Turn base inside Fire Island and you'll be #1" and they did.  They could do anything for you - then they got the MD80.  A different world.

14 hours ago, Stillwater said:

At least the right road would be close.

Next guess... 1/2 moon bay would be a little too little, KSFO not Orbx... , Redding maybe?

I didn't land anywhere Gerold, I was just asking folks to imagine where the plane was heading.:huh:

A bit like one of those movies without an ending and you have to make your own mind up as to what happened!:o

12 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Well, I didn't say that you landed there Martyn...in fact, I didn't even know if you landed at all, based on the pictures ;) 

I didn't say that you did say that I didn't say that I landed there Landon:lol::lol::lol:.

I didn't land at all but was leaving it to your imagination where I ended up!:P

"Cast a Giant Shadow" was of course one of John Wayne's movies.;)

8 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Short story/comment.  Back in the day Alaska Air flew 727's into Anchorage and were very handy with them - "Turn base inside Fire Island and you'll be #1" and they did.  They could do anything for you - then they got the MD80.  A different world.

Cheers OND, I enjoy these little stories like this.:)

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I didn't say that you did say that I didn't say that I landed there Landon:lol::lol::lol:.

I didn't land at all but was leaving it to your imagination where I ended up!:P

"Cast a Giant Shadow" was of course one of John Wayne's movies.;)

Haha...now I am truly confused Martyn...:D And, I missed the connection to Cast a Giant Shadow...sometimes I am not quick on the uptake with sarcastic humor....my girlfriend jokes that I am the worst at understanding memes...usually, they just don't make sense to me :)

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I didn't land anywhere Gerold, I was just asking folks to imagine where the plane was heading.:huh:

A bit like one of those movies without an ending and you have to make your own mind up as to what happened!:o

Hey mate, that is not fair: We love to guess, but there should be a solution :D!

11 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Haha...now I am truly confused Martyn...:D And, I missed the connection to Cast a Giant Shadow...sometimes I am not quick on the uptake with sarcastic humor....my girlfriend jokes that I am the worst at understanding memes...usually, they just don't make sense to me :)

Apologies for my dreadful humour Landon, i think I need to get out more.:o:footmouth:

11 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Allright so far...., without the uncertainties where to land or not to land at all, shot #2 with the different cloud types is my favorite.....Super !

Thank you Fred but that was as far as I went. I was nearly asleep at the wheel and the electric blanket had warmed the bed up sufficiently.:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Hey mate, that is not fair: We love to guess, but there should be a solution :D!

Ok Gerold, it looks like my multiple post flights will have to be a guessing game from now on.

I will have to start filing some erotic flight plans to throw you all the scent.:ph34r::huh::o

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, paulb said:

Excellent set Martyn! Your sim is looking really good! :)

Many thanks Paul, I wonder how much better it would be if I actually knew what I was doing.:o:huh::lol:

Archived