Low and slow over Supernatural Southern Alaska

gnQYFNG.jpgDeparted PAYA en route Gustavus.uxnUW0S.jpgI'll try to explain where we are like Martyn, however I don't quite know here the heck I am. So on your left you see trees and in the background Y'all see them magnificent mountains.  Xy65udt.jpgHey buddy don't look so scared. I already have 6 and a half hrs. on this plane. Relax have beer they're right beside my seat in the cooler.7VmFAVu.jpgHmm I wonder what they're cooking for dinner.Rs4UqUP.jpgNow if that don't look real I'll eat Doug Sawatzky's hat.Rs4UqUP.jpgAs you see we are simply at another majestic location in supernatural Alaska. How I am doing Martyn?idigtUP.jpgAllright folks in the back how's your beer? If you don't dawdle you can have one more, as long as there is one for me, before we land.4QONts5.jpgWell here is a highlight. Sun shining and smiling on my Otter.6XFL6Vk.jpgOK taxied to a stop.neZwmFu.jpgOK everybody out and I hope you enjoyed the flight (and my beers). And don't complain about the service there is none:D Hope you enjoyed this guy's and gal's.

8 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Top class set Karl and your narrrration is spot on, or there abouts.:lol::lol::lol:

My crown could be slipping:huh: or was it the way you flew the Otter.:o:ph34r::blink::lol:

Thank you Martyn. I am sure it's the way I fleece uh fly that otter.:rolleyes::D

Great tour and shots, Karl - especially the reflecting sun. A magic perspective.

5 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

I'll try to explain where we are like Martyn, however I don't quite know here the heck I am. So on your left you see trees and in the background Y'all see them magnificent mountains. 

I think this is a perfect description of where you are. Even the rescue team would find you quickly!

5 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Hey buddy don't look so scared. I already have 6 and a half hrs. on this plane. Relax have beer they're right beside my seat in the cooler.

You are totally right. He should be smiling or sleeping!

7 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Super set of shots Karl it was a good thing with the shot with the sun you where not going the other way into the sun could of been very bad out come of your flight being blinded

by the sun regards EMM

Thank you Stewart.

6 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great tour and shots, Karl - especially the reflecting sun. A magic perspective.

I think this is a perfect description of where you are. Even the rescue team would find you quickly!

You are totally right. He should be smiling or sleeping!

Thank you Gerold.:D

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was great Karl!  I was laughing out loud when I saw that guy's face.  I love that second shot though, with the mountains all around, very pretty.

Thank you Jack. Well he felt better after he took my "medicine" out of my cooler.:P:D

16 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Looks like you're south of Yakutat, southbound.  My first duty station as a married man back in '62.

That is correct. How did you like it up there. It is such a beautiful area but I imagine also very isolated.  

23 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

That is correct. How did you like it up there. It is such a beautiful area but I imagine also very isolated.  

Rain and snow - fantastic fishing.  Salmon, Steelhead and lots of shrimp in the bay.  Daily air service - Pacific Northern, Connies and Cordova Airlines, C46/DC3.  Monthly marine freight out of Seattle - we got a little used 'Simca' auto - everyone on the dock trying to find reverse.

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Rain and snow - fantastic fishing.  Salmon, Steelhead and lots of shrimp in the bay.  Daily air service - Pacific Northern, Connies and Cordova Airlines, C46/DC3.  Monthly marine freight out of Seattle - we got a little used 'Simca' auto - everyone on the dock trying to find reverse.

That sounds truly like a great experience. Lol a Simca?:DI wonder how that little French car ended up in Alaska. Wonderful ond. Thanks for this. Cheers k:)

2 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Not knowing where you are while flying a Rescue aircraft means the pilot has already been drinking way before starting the engine!! :D

What do you mean by Rescue aircraft Francois? Oh gosh mebbe I had one too many.:blink: Oh boy I took the wrong Otter.:o:ph34r:Now I am somewhat embarrassed.:D

Archived