Off to the Highlands

VH-KDK

The first part of a flight from Southampton to Inverness.

1.spaTL7e.jpg

A few ground views to start off with and the weather it a typical summer's day.

2.t8MTpth.jpg

3.NvToqig.jpg

4.XEW0d1r.jpg

5.XcYsSAX.jpg

6.Uh1FJ90.jpg

7.gljuZ5c.jpg

Finally off and over the old Southern Region Works at Campbell Road.

8.2CechHf.jpg

Finding the beautiful old Battle of Britain Class Tangmere following the Twyford Road.

9.BGP3xo4.jpg

Passing over Winchester with the M3 making it's way to London on the left.

10.wm2ooQr.jpg

Close to Whitchurch and if your eyes are good you can just make out Popham to the left of the starboard wing tip.

11.hUOEaKl.jpg

Reaching the clouds and the town of Basingstoke can be seen.

12.3uuQDxt.jpg

The Thames flows past Didcot with the Power Station and GWR Railway Centre.

The next part is to follow later.

So nice Martyn!  Really good shots of England, and does that train move?  I love it. Been ages since I flew there.  And I simply HAVE to fly my A320 again soon.  Flying a 182 now in Germany, maybe later tonight I'll dust off the 320.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

So nice Martyn!  Really good shots of England, and does that train move?  I love it. Been ages since I flew there.  And I simply HAVE to fly my A320 again soon.  Flying a 182 now in Germany, maybe later tonight I'll dust off the 320.

Thanks Jack, I have been very happy flying these Airbuses around which make a change from the default 738!

Yes the steam engine does move along with all of the electric units.

I might be wrong but I think you have to go into the EGHI control panel to activate it/them!:unsure:

35 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Southampton scenery is and has always been great. And England also seems to look better now in v4... maybe I´ll have to pay it another visit, too...?!

I can actually fly out of EGHI Gerold with out the single figure FPS followed by the crash.:ph34r:

I am not in England now so there is room for you to explore.:o

The only bad thing with the surrounding scenery is they just stopped before my old house.:huh::angry::lol:

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

The only bad thing with the surrounding scenery is they just stopped before my old house.:huh:

You mean they have forgotten one of the most important POIs in the region pack? No way. We will have to wait for a GB-sized photoreal before we can call the mission "accomplished". :D

Or maybe just see how the impression feels now in v4... :)!

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, flyingleaf said:

Great shot and trip Martyn. It's always interesting to follow your flights by your explanations of the area.:)

Thanks Karl, I like to know where I have been too.:P

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, paulb said:

Excellent set and flight Martyn! I look forward to the next part :)

Cheers Paul and I will have to get around to posting the rest of this some when but I am being chased at the moment!:lol::lol::lol:

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 5:33 PM, European Mountain Man said:

Fantastic set of shots Martyn and i enjoyed your flight and i like the shot best with the old steam train the best they where the good old days i can just see them now comming

along the railway tracks in weybridge when i was very young a few years ago now regards EMM

Cheers Stewart. They were wonderful days on the railways then especially the line down to Bournemouth with the impressive B o B, WC and MN Pacifics.

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, Stillwater said:

You mean they have forgotten one of the most important POIs in the region pack? No way. We will have to wait for a GB-sized photoreal before we can call the mission "accomplished". :D

Or maybe just see how the impression feels now in v4... :)!

I still cannot understand them missing out on such an important place as Selwyn Gardens!:)

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 5:00 AM, Orbxtreme said:

Lovely shots, great work with the shadows. And you caught the smoky train on number 8!

Thank you François, always great to see the railway traffic around Eastleigh.:)

1 minute ago, olderndirt said:

Not if you call me Jim - I'm Dave :rolleyes:.

I was quoting a line from The Firm's "Star Trekking" song from way back Dave, not quite as well known a song as your quote!:D

As I wasn't sure of your name I was wondering if I would get to know what it is, now I have to try and remember it!;)

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I was quoting a line from The Firm's "Star Trekking" song from way back Dave, not quite as well known a song as your quote!:D

As I wasn't sure of your name I was wondering if I would get to know what it is, now I have to try and remember it!;)

Historically I was a King in biblical times and a son of the man Shakespeare says killed MacBeth was also King David (Holyrood Abbey).  Probably neither answered to Dave.

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Historically I was a King in biblical times and a son of the man Shakespeare says killed MacBeth was also King David (Holyrood Abbey).  Probably neither answered to Dave.

Yes, our names origins are very interesting, my name is the Welsh form of Martin, derived from Mars, war like.:huh:

Archived