Why I love Orbx

Sniper31

Shots taken in P3D v4.1 in FTX AU scenery with Active Sky weather and some PTA stuff going on.

So here are a couple of not so exciting shots that highlight the exact reason why, many years ago, I fell immediately in love with Orbx scenery once I discoverd it. I know the AU scenery is a little long in the tooth now, and never mind the livery of the aircraft, but instead notice the winding road below with the trees that line the road. They are on either side, and follow the curvy road as it heads towards the wood line. It was this exact level of detail that I saw on an FTX add on the back of a flight simming magazine, I think for AU Blue, that grabbed my attention. Back then I remember wishing many times how I wanted the trees to actually be on the sides of the roads, and not in the middle of them. As a low and slow GA flyer, that was a huge deal back then, and Orbx came to the rescue. They have been doing nothing short of consistently amazing work since then, and have come a very long way. Still, it's moments like these two shots that make me remember why Orbx scenery has always had that magic pull for me, and so many others on here. 

3hSrAbn.jpg

wAQ98LD.jpg

I think these two simple screenshots speak volumes.

Cheers!

What more could we ask for Landon.

A couple of marvellous images to underline your point as to how good the scenery is and still top class after all these years.

There are a great number of us that sometimes like to admire this wonderful scenery rather than sitting in a glass cockpit looking endlessly at the numbers displayed.

Also no need to worry about the Belgian PA-28, anything goes in our ORBX world.

I think it is saying Oh, Orbx, Australia Is Fantastic.:lol:

11 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

I think these two simple screenshots speak volumes.

They do indeed.

I can remember a quote saying that, with ORBX the houses and farms in the rural areas actually have roads that lead to them.

12 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

follow the curvy road as it heads towards the wood line

...   exactly - that all the pleasure with nice scenery indeed...no monotony with such curves & peaceful landscape...a kind of nomadic lane ... :)   Thanks for the 2 cool shots 

I agree to your words totally, very well described, Landon. And I know there are more chapters of the book with this headline to be written. I think of the birds singing, the people moving, the accuracy of runways, aprons, ... people sitting in front of the cafés... just so much.

Archived