The guilty one! The one that made me fan of ORBX

carlosqr

This is the scenery that made me moved to Orbx. After I saw the promo in Youtube I ended speachless. I couldn't believe my eyes, I was seeing exactly what I wished and waited for years to see in my flights. Made the necessary arrangements to get a good computer, suitable for ORBX. My favorite places: Norway, New Zeland, Alaska, NA Pacific Northwest. Airports would be Narvik, Milford Sound, Juneau, Telluride, Lake Tahoe, Lowi, Bowerman, Dubrovnik, Kasan, Gosh so many they are...

5EiMnUp.jpg

x4mVPaP.jpg

LFdxXo0.jpg

dI0fCR1.jpg

g0xByy1.jpg

kHiG6vD.jpg

It captures me to the point I decided to plan a trip to Norway.

Was it like this for someone else?

Cheers

2 minutes ago, BradB said:

Sensational shots mate , Norway is on my bucket list also . :):D

Cheers

John

Thank you John, Norway was the first area I bought and have enjoyed it a lot, it is an outsanding scenary, great views wherever you look and any season, simply a gem. I'm sure you'll find yourself flying for long in there.

Cheers

1 minute ago, carlosqr said:

Thank you John, Norway was the first area I bought and have enjoyed it a lot, it is an outsanding scenary, great views wherever you look and any season, simply a gem. I'm sure you'll find yourself flying for long in there.

Cheers

I have many times and need to revisit soon . Besides Flightsim , I'm a huge Railfan and I hope someday to ride the Oslo to Bergen run : https://www.lonelyplanet.com/norway/travel-tips-and-articles/oslo-to-bergen-europes-best-train-journey/40625c8c-8a11-5710-a052-1479d2773ae1

Cheers

John

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful images and a great story.

I missed the chance to visit Norway many years ago because of work.:angry:

I am hoping one day to get to do an Alaskan cruise, time will tell.:lol:

We will meet you in Seattle , I'm always up for a cruise up to SE AK . :):D

John

Fantastic shots of some fantastic scenery!  It was definitely like this for me too.  I bought Australia first, and then PNW.  PNW definitely made me want to visit the real PNW, and all the airports in the region which ORBX have created.  Hopefully I will one day.

Cheers,

Nice ones Carl, to me Orbx sets the bar very high for everything they do, and the best part is the ease of use with FTX Central.  Wonderful shots too, I love this place, need o revisit it soon, after an Alaskan tour.

5 hours ago, BradB said:

Let's just make sure were not on Jack's cruise ship ......:rolleyes::o:lol:

HEY! :lol:  A good time was had by all! :P

Carl, ENNK is one of my top favorite Orbx airports. I was already hooked by Orbx long before Narvik's release, but it has that magic effect on me all the same. Great set of shots of one of my favorite FTX locations.

11 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Fantastic shots of some fantastic scenery!  It was definitely like this for me too.  I bought Australia first, and then PNW.  PNW definitely made me want to visit the real PNW, and all the airports in the region which ORBX have created.  Hopefully I will one day.

Cheers,

Yes exactly!! visit the airports or areas Orbx has created, that is the Orbx effect indeed

9 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic idea to show us your "guilty one", Carlos! For me it was

2012-11-21_22-7-39-517.jpg

* picture taken in 2012 in FSX / DX9

Hi Gerold, looks like a very "homely" airport (if that is well said/written) (I meant like cozy, familiar very own)

Where is it ? I'd like to pay a visit, looks so peaceful

Germany?

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Carl, ENNK is one of my top favorite Orbx airports. I was already hooked by Orbx long before Narvik's release, but it has that magic effect on me all the same. Great set of shots of one of my favorite FTX locations.

Hi Snipper31

Yes that is well said: it has that magic effect.

It's a must airport, thanks for your comments

12 hours ago, BradB said:

I have many times and need to revisit soon . Besides Flightsim , I'm a huge Railfan and I hope someday to ride the Oslo to Bergen run : https://www.lonelyplanet.com/norway/travel-tips-and-articles/oslo-to-bergen-europes-best-train-journey/40625c8c-8a11-5710-a052-1479d2773ae1

Cheers

John

Hi John

Checked the link, so cool indeed

Thanks for sharing

I think Norway is  place on Earth everybody should visit at least once in life

Cheers

54 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Gerold, looks like a very "homely" airport (if that is well said/written) (I meant like cozy, familiar very own)

Where is it ? I'd like to pay a visit, looks so peaceful

Germany?

Hi Carlos, that is Bowerman KHQM, the Orbx freeware at the west coast of the Olympic peninsula in Washington state. With the birds singing and the PeopleFlow moving it got me hooked.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Hi Carlos, that is Bowerman KHQM, the Orbx freeware at the west coast of the Olympic peninsula in Washington state. With the birds singing and the PeopleFlow moving it got me hooked.

Agree 100% Gerold!  They give us some amazing freeware and it's very much appreciated!

7 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Hi Gerold

I didn't recognize it!!

Like so much that airport

Here's a shot I took long ago

OlzIGYB.jpg

It is one of my favs too

Thanks for sharing

Archived