Catalina cruise

Jack Sawyer

Ya'll asked for it, I'm delivering' it :D

The Lady in Red is wondering how the heck this got here!

Xzxa9ej.jpg

zQT6tzd.jpg

We're airborne!

bt7JqpO.jpg

u1DYYMG.jpg

qoUWykU.jpg

Hey captain, this flys really well!

K3OYS5w.jpg

QN2iray.jpg

SginAJa.jpg

3E69M2Z.jpg

5TDc7iA.jpg

"Can we go inverted now captain?  Please???"  "Ok, if you insist!"

H9OMQbN.jpg

ZDnSy50.jpg

eDgJ2f3.jpg

9eCKI12.jpg

G8s5BTv.jpg

7RTeb9B.jpg

hOiXevz.jpg

bMTdayI.jpg

I thought it was daily aerobics when I booked the cruise not daily aerobatics.:wacko:

Half of the passengers were  suffering from sea sickness, another half from air sickness and the other half enjoyed the experience.:huh:

A very novel set Jack and possibly some good cartoon material here.:lol:

Just now, VH-KDK said:

I thought it was daily aerobic when I booked the cruise not daily aerobatics.:wacko:

Half of the passengers were  suffering from sea sickness, another half from air sickness and the other half enjoyed the experience.:huh:

Thanks Martyn, and the last half left before it began! :lol:

I have some plans for a comic someday if I ever get around to it.  I'm swamped right now.

1 minute ago, BradB said:

I always wondered how they brought one of these ship's out of "Dry Dock" , now I know how . :rolleyes::blink::D

Cheers

John

Thanks John, well, some people were asking I do this, so I had to oblige.  It really is a great ship though.  Yep, launched out of dry dock my friend. :D

2 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

I have now seen it all...the Sawyer Effect in full swing! Look out everyone! 

Very different and fun set of shots Jack, kudos!

Thanks Landon!  It's a cool set, if it makes ya laugh then good on ya!  Besides, it's a great way to see Catalina. :lol:

9 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Lol Jack. Can't comment laughing too hard:D:lol::P:)

:lol:  Thanks Karl!  It took a lot of "thrust" to get this thing airborne! :D

8 hours ago, adambar said:

I think i'm in the twilight zone or something Jack. :unsure:  Nicey done! :D

:lol:  Nee nee neeeeee neee (sound effects from Twilight Zone). Thanks Adam! 

5 hours ago, paulb said:

LOL Jack! :lol:. Now I have seen it all!

That's why I choose No-Fly cruises from Southampton ;):D

Thanks Paul, and nope, you haven't yet! :D  What a beautiful photo of the white cliffs, I've always loved those cliffs, they're just amazing!

I know it's goofy guys, but one thing that's amazing to me is the sheer size of this ship when it's on the runway.  I mean if this is actual size look at how big this thing is!  It just dwarfs everything around it.  Never been on one or even near one but are they really this large?

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I know it's goofy guys, but one thing that's amazing to me is the sheer size of this ship when it's on the runway.  I mean if this is actual size look at how big this thing is!  It just dwarfs everything around it.  Never been on one or even near one but are they really this large?

Yes, they can be huge Jack. We went for a Med cruise a few years ago. The stern of the ship looked like a nine storey building!

16 minutes ago, paulb said:

Yes, they can be huge Jack. We went for a Med cruise a few years ago. The stern of the ship looked like a nine storey building!

Thanks Paul, so sitting there on the runway that would actually be how large they are?  I mean to scale?

15 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I thought it was daily aerobics when I booked the cruise not daily aerobatics.:wacko:

There where no passengers left on board they all fell into the sea Martyn   regards EMM   

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, so sitting there on the runway that would actually be how large they are?  I mean to scale?

Well, the one that we went on was over 800 feet long. The very biggest are almost 1,200 feet. Compare that with a 747 at 230 feet in length :o

4 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Well Jack that is Fantastic how in earth did you do that you have earned you wings now i have seen it all  now Jack  was that after a few beers .

well it was in dry dock first  and then i see the ship flying  and then inverted  i am just not going to go with you my friend regards EMM 

It took a lot of effort Stewart.  A lot of slew and patience.  You should go, it's fun, we were in free fall for a few minutes. :D

4 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

There where no passengers left on board they all fell into the sea Martyn   regards EMM   

They were all strapped into bar stools at the bars enjoying an adult beverage of their choice, on the house. :D

50 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Nice flight, Jack. But you surprised me not "flying" underneath a bridge, which would have been a natural move today... :D

Thanks Gerold, but there were no bridges at Catalina, in due time though...:D

7 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well, the one that we went on was over 800 feet long. The very biggest are almost 1,200 feet. Compare that with a 747 at 230 feet in length :o

Over five times longer than a 747, now that's amazing.  Hopefully tonight I'll get a chance to watch how they build those liners.

Archived