New England tour part 6

Jack Sawyer

So at one point you had your PPL , then you moved on to servicing large wide body AC and now you are a quite talented screen shot artist . Sounds like a life well lived my friend , I hope you and your family have a very happy Easter . :):)

Cheers

John

You lucky guy, having had the chance to fly over these beautiful places in RL!

1 hour ago, BradB said:

So at one point you had your PPL , then you moved on to servicing large wide body AC and now you are a quite talented screen shot artist . Sounds like a life well lived my friend

I agree, that sounds like some good experiences.

4 hours ago, BradB said:

So at one point you had your PPL , then you moved on to servicing large wide body AC and now you are a quite talented screen shot artist . Sounds like a life well lived my friend , I hope you and your family have a very happy Easter . :):)

Cheers

John

Yes, looking back I'd do it all over again, and man do I miss it.  Permanently medically grounded, lost all my licenses and I had a bunch, all gone.  I really gets me down.  It was okay, you know some of the behind the scenes tragedies. :(

4 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing shots these Jack. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks Iain, it was a lot of fun and relaxing.  Orbx is amazing, I love their products best.  There's a lot of third party stuff that looks good but I never buy it because I'm always hoping there will be a new release soon.

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

You lucky guy, having had the chance to fly over these beautiful places in RL!

I agree, that sounds like some good experiences.

Thanks Gerold, yeah, it was fun but I sure do miss it.

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Wonderful Jack. Lucky you do have done it in real:)

Thanks Karl, it was fun like I said but what I miss most was hot air balloon flying.

59 minutes ago, mikewies said:

Jack -- great series of shots in the NE USA - super set!

Thanks Mikee, it's very different from the PNW but has its own unique charm.

A wonderful set Jack, and those coastal shots are amazing looking! Is this this just Orbx OpenLC, Global and Vector at work, or do you have additional third party scenery for this area?

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I first learned how to navigate VOR to VOR way back in the 80's.

Listen to you, "way back in the 80's", that's not so long ago and far away son, just seems like it! :lol:  And another fine chapter has been written by the New England Flying Ace! 

15 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

A wonderful set Jack, and those coastal shots are amazing looking! Is this this just Orbx OpenLC, Global and Vector at work, or do you have additional third party scenery for this area?

Thanks Landon, everything is Orbx, Global, Vector, Trees, KACK, no third party, I was under the impression we're not supposed to so I scrupulously don't post any, I have a few, maybe four non-Orbx airports.

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Top class Jack, hers are beautiful views.

As hard as it is to have lost all of this you still did it, which is more than a lot of people have done.:(

Thanks martyn, yeah, all I have is memories but they were cuts short.  Medically grounded stinks.  I've done a lot and loved it but could still be doing it if it weren't for medical reasons.  Darn it. :angry:

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Splendid set of captures Jack! :)

Thanks Adam, glad you liked 'em.

8 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Listen to you, "way back in the 80's", that's not so long ago and far away son, just seems like it! :lol:  And another fine chapter has been written by the New England Flying Ace! 

Thanks Roger, well, to me it was way back, seems like so long ago, I look in the mirror and wonder who the heck this old fogey is, It bugs me for a variety of reasons.

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Another fantastic leg Jack! I am enjoying coming on this tour with you :)

Thanks Paul, really glad you liked my tour my friend.  Hope you're feeling well Paul, all things considered.

42 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, really glad you liked my tour my friend.  Hope you're feeling well Paul, all things considered.

Thanks Jack! Not 100% but still surviving! ;)

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:
17 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Thanks Landon, everything is Orbx, Global, Vector, Trees, KACK, no third party, I was under the impression we're not supposed to so I scrupulously don't post any, I have a few, maybe four non-Orbx airports.

Thanks for the clarification Jack, and I don't post shots of other developer sceneries either. I am happy to hear it's all Orbx, because I own all of those scenery packages you listed :) 

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Thanks for the clarification Jack, and I don't post shots of other developer sceneries either. I am happy to hear it's all Orbx, because I own all of those scenery packages you listed :) 

You're welcome Landon my friend.  Yep, all Orbx stuff, Global and Vector are almost a necessity, wouldn't want to fly without them.

Archived