Nantucket

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Buffy Foster said:

maybe call in sick?   >:D

Thanks Buffy, I don't work, but I do like to hike in the forest several hours a day.  I have to take care of my wife, she's a diabetic, and I have a million other pressing things to do, perhaps later today I'll have some fun helicoptering around these wonderful places.  I grew up in Boston so I know these areas.  And the manual for Nantucket is very good, lots of approach plates, I love it!

Cheers,

Jack

In the product description of the two new Bill Womack airfield no restriction is made for required regions or global packages.

Does that mean I can (buy and) install them as stand alone fields (after installation of the new Orbxlibs)

Regards Fred

Just now, Sundancer said:

In the product description of the two new Bill Womack airfield no restriction is made for required regions or global packages.

Does that mean I can (buy and) install them as stand alone fields (after installation of the new Orbxlibs)

Regards Fred

Don’t know Fred, good question 

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Don’t know Fred, good question 

My guess would be at a minimum having Global installed , and preferably having NA-OpenLC installed . I'm sure team  member's will chime in soon on this question .

John

14 minutes ago, BradB said:

My guess would be at a minimum having Global installed , and preferably having NA-OpenLC installed . I'm sure team  member's will chime in soon on this question .

John

Thanks John.

I forgot to say that I don't have any Globals installed, I have only regions.

Maybe someone pops in with the answer....

I hope to spot Melville's Moby Dick somewhere around Nantucket ;-)

-Fred-

4 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Thanks John.

I forgot to say that I don't have any Globals installed, I have only regions.

Maybe someone pops in with the answer....

I hope to spot Melville's Moby Dick somewhere around Nantucket ;-)

-Fred-

Before the migration, none were required. I doubt you will need FTXG, but maybe Bill can confirm.

Good question, btw.

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Regards Fred

That is unusual Fred as there is normally a list of prerequisites at the bottom of the airport page.:huh:

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John, fixin’ to do that now.  It’s supposed to hit 80 today:angry: 

I feel like I am 80 today Jack.:o

Autumn came and went, going to be 90°C here today but a nice dry heat.;)

6 hours ago, mikee said:

Wonderful shot Jack !

Thanks Mike!

4 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

super shot Jack regards European mountain man

Thanks Stewart!

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

We can´t wait either, and I am sure you´ll be faster than me...!

Don’t know, a lot going on and most not good, difficult to find the time.

39 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful catch Jack.

Too late last night to buy, install and fly.:(

Hoping it is still here today.:o

Thanks Martyn.  I thought this Bill Womack sale is on till April. :wacko:

1 hour ago, JoseCFII said:

Before the migration, none were required. I doubt you will need FTXG, but maybe Bill can confirm.

Good question, btw.

No regions or FTX Global required. This one's a stand-alone, gents. The only other thing besides it you need are updated Orbx Libraries.

34 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn.  I thought this Bill Womack sale is on till April. :wacko:

I haven't even looked to see how long it is on for but I saw them on sale just before I turned in last night and thought there is no immediate hurry to buy and install as there is always tomorrow, which is now today!:blink::wacko::huh::):lol:

12 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

A nice shot of Bill's scenery Jack...just got home from work and will be purchasing very soon :)

Well worth it Landon!  I need to fly there later tonight if I get the chance.  Expect some yellow acrobatics. :)

2 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Wish it was 80 here, dam rain. Derek.

I'll trade Derek.  I got a stinking sunburn today!  Argh, I do not like heat.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Well worth it Landon!  I need to fly there later tonight if I get the chance.  Expect some yellow acrobatics. :)

I'll trade Derek.  I got a stinking sunburn today!  Argh, I do not like heat.

Well, its snowing right now here in Colorado Springs Jack. The temperature is very nice too, at around 40 degrees F.

5 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Wish it was 80 here, dam rain. Derek.

I wish it was raining here Derek, it is as dry as a bone with nothing in the forecast period.:(

10mm at the week end followed by a couple of days in the high 20s which has dried everything out again:angry:

I don't know if I have asked before but where in Hampshire are you?

I have lived in Poole, Bournemouth(when it was Hants), Southampton(if you call Shirley a place to live!) and Eastleigh.:)

7 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Well, its snowing right now here in Colorado Springs Jack. The temperature is very nice too, at around 40 degrees F.

TRADE YA!  I lived in Denver and visited the base at Colorado Springs and watched the football game way back in the early 80's.  Was there in winter and loved it.  Sunburned today, can you imagine that?  Argh!!!

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I wish it was raining here Derek, it is as dry as a bone with nothing in the forecast period.:(

10mm at the week end followed by a couple of days in the high 20s which has dried everything out again:angry:

I don't know if I have asked before but where in Hampshire are you?

I have lived in Poole, Bournemouth(when it was Hants), Southampton(if you call Shirley a place to live!) and Eastleigh.:)

Hi I have lived In Hampshire all my life though found out a while a go I was born In Essex, but mainly in Gosport and  Fareham. Used to live for 28 years in Stubbington then the wife wanted some where smaller so we moved to a bungalow more or less just down the road. Nice and quiet here, as the old lady said across the road all we see here are the undertakers going down the road. Great I thought. He he

Cheers Derek, yes now I remember it is Gosport and Fareham.

I used to deliver milk in Bishopstoke and the last part of my round was like where you live. All older houses with customers suddenly either going into homes or a trip in the black car:(

12 hours ago, Bill Womack said:

No regions or FTX Global required. This one's a stand-alone, gents. The only other thing besides it you need are updated Orbx Libraries.

Thank you. Will we ever see Pearson & that famous airport just North of it?:D

12 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Shucks, what a serene shot Sir!

Golly gosh gee willakers, thanks Erik!

12 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

KACK is a work of art.

It sure is Jose, it keeps getting better.  I need new drive space!

11 hours ago, Wakashi said:

One grand shot and a very good advertisement for the scenery, I am off to buy and fly (as Martyn says)! :lol:

Thanks Roger, hopefully today maybe I can explore it.

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Great shot Jack! :)  I've had bill's stuff since he released it, nice to see it get some Orbx goodies added to it. :D

Thanks Adam, I never bought it as I like Orbx stuff and the ease of use with FTX.

6 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Great shot Jack, but you can't leave your there, that's my parking lot :P

Thanks Dolf!  Sorry, I'll have it hauled off to the junk yard straightaway! :D

Archived