I found the racetrack

Jack Sawyer

Even though you have some excellent pictures here Jack, that is absolutely no way to treat (or should I say mistreat) a BMW, I would bet you don't treat your vette in this manner!!! :D:lol::P  Have you tried the Laguna racetrack out of Monterey?  I helicoptered over it a while back and thought it might be a place for you to test your low flying skilles under the arches! B)

3 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Breathtaking shots what a grand undertaking!

Thanks Erik, I thought you might like these!

2 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Even though you have some excellent pictures here Jack, that is absolutely no way to treat (or should I say mistreat) a BMW, I would bet you don't treat your vette in this manner!!! :D:lol::P  Have you tried the Laguna racetrack out of Monterey?  I helicoptered over it a while back and thought it might be a place for you to test your low flying skilles under the arches! B)

:lol:  No I would never treat a Corvette like this but any other car to me is just a car and a BMW is no exception :D  So I'd go four wheeling in the Georgia mud and have a blast!  Now Monterey, I think I'm going to have to try that one next!  Thanks! :lol:

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Air bags , bloody hell - we all need barf bags after viewing these stomach turning shots . :angry::o:wacko::lol:

Cheers

John

:lol:  Thanks for your very :wacko: kind words John! 

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

I don't think that will buff out Jack :D

Sure it will Landon!  All I need is some rubbing compound and an industrial grinder and I'm good to go! :lol:

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Great to see you flying around the track at last Jack.:lol:

One problem though.........:huh:

the only real cars that race around Mount Panorama are Fords and Holdens.;)

Oh, well then, I'll go to the Ford dealer and get an emblem and affix it to the grill, slap, done! B)

20 minutes ago, Aussie123 said:

Best place for a BMW - In the car park.

You should have gone around the track Jack. Up the hill.

Thanks Aussie, I'll have to have another go at it.  How far up the hill as I've never been there or seen it.  Looking down in overhead view I thought I was on the track but maybe I wasn't?

And this BMW likes dirt racing :D

Jack you have a great sense of humour, and an eye for detail.  You are racing around the pit paddock, usually on a race weekend/week there would be Team trucks, RV's, tents and people everywhere, those are the small dirt pathways between camp sites. Screams will be heard so loudly that skippy (Roos & Wallabys) will come a hopping just to see what all the fuss is about. Some crazy guy doing donuts in the paddock.

The track (the black stuff, ha ha) goes in an anticlockwise direction for a 2.x minute lap (for the fastest cars) 6.2km or 4  imperial miles). The track itself has 3 straight sections Pit straight, Mountain Straight, Conrod straight. Basically races begin on Pit straight, and head anticlockwise with Hell corner first, then Mountain Straight, climbing to the Griffins & The Cutting, across the top with Reid, Sulman, McPhillamy Parks, descending from Skyline into the Dipper (three wheels still attached are essential at least for the drop off), (this is where the Ford / Holden diehards camp out, its a wild party up there, some very colourful characters come back year after year),  (the carnage up there is intense when it rains) Forrest Elbow next before reaching Conrod, the longest fastest straight, (skippy hangs out here and has been known to play in the traffic), then into the Chase, a very fast open long chicane, (many drivers come unstuck here). Under the Armorall Arch (footbridge) (which used to be the Castrol Arch) Pit entry is after the Chase and before Murrays Corner. Murrays Corner is next (this is where the eyes become like dinner plates, where the finish line is halfway down Pit Straight ( pits will be on your left, The long Grey/Orange building with numbers). 

Mt Panorama wikki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Panorama_Circuit

dec51f0730b1111e82637c4de7b47566.jpg

8 hours ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Jack you have a great sense of humour, and an eye for detail.  You are racing around the pit paddock, usually on a race weekend/week there would be Team trucks, RV's, tents and people everywhere, those are the small dirt pathways between camp sites. Screams will be heard so loudly that skippy (Roos & Wallabys) will come a hopping just to see what all the fuss is about. Some crazy guy doing donuts in the paddock.

The track (the black stuff, ha ha) goes in an anticlockwise direction for a 2.x minute lap (for the fastest cars) 6.2km or 4  imperial miles). The track itself has 3 straight sections Pit straight, Mountain Straight, Conrod straight. Basically races begin on Pit straight, and head anticlockwise with Hell corner first, then Mountain Straight, climbing to the Griffins & The Cutting, across the top with Reid, Sulman, McPhillamy Parks, descending from Skyline into the Dipper (three wheels still attached are essential at least for the drop off), (this is where the Ford / Holden diehards camp out, its a wild party up there, some very colourful characters come back year after year),  (the carnage up there is intense when it rains) Forrest Elbow next before reaching Conrod, the longest fastest straight, (skippy hangs out here and has been known to play in the traffic), then into the Chase, a very fast open long chicane, (many drivers come unstuck here). Under the Armorall Arch (footbridge) (which used to be the Castrol Arch) Pit entry is after the Chase and before Murrays Corner. Murrays Corner is next (this is where the eyes become like dinner plates, where the finish line is halfway down Pit Straight ( pits will be on your left, The long Grey/Orange building with numbers). 

Mt Panorama wikki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Panorama_Circuit

dec51f0730b1111e82637c4de7b47566.jpg

Thanks for this Jeff and glad you liked the screens.  This will help me do it right, hopefully today.  I like that, skippys, never heard of tha, and I love the names of the turns!  What a cool place this must be Jeff.

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Well that was different Jack! :lol: You might get signed up as a test driver for BMW next! :o

:lol: Thanks Paul!  They might think I was driving drunk though! :o

On 3/19/2018 at 12:49 AM, Jeff Gilmour said:

The track (the black stuff, ha ha) goes in an anticlockwise direction for a 2.x minute lap

Jeff, I'm 100% completely and utterly baffled about where this is.  Would it be possible to give me exact coordinates to be on the pavement of this track?  I can't find it for anything.  Thanks.

19 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Jack

I just knew you were going to invert it! Great shots.

Greg

Thanks Greg!  I just now found it, drove the BMW on it and will post the shots very soon.  What a cool track!  And this time no inverted, just boring car shots.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Greg!  I just now found it, drove the BMW on it and will post the shots very soon.  What a cool track!  And this time no inverted, just boring car shots.

I will be looking forward to them Jack.

Greg

Archived