MacRobertson Air Race leg 9.5

Jack Sawyer

Gerold, @Stillwater said I should stop over to see the Taj Mahal so I did but sadly I didn't see it.  I even went to the real-world coordinates but all I saw was an open field. :(

So my flight was from Jodhpur, VIJO to VIAG, Agra.  Some nice scenery, getting away from desert now.  Look forward to the next leg.

MnvJ6sU.jpg

qBTtm8P.jpg

w8veKL4.jpg

qzwxOu6.jpg

HhTR4Ui.jpg

zweBTW4.jpg

BKUPIEM.jpg

iWyIz74.jpg

U2CYEd3.jpg

3Ptpe2x.jpg

rohXchR.jpg

aqG1oSv.jpg

kaPuiSD.jpg

MkSrsLO.jpg

H8rXJJ8.jpg

fIPCBYI.jpg

Hey!  Anyone below know which direction to the Taj?

nnBQnzA.jpg

mXmeZZX.jpg

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

Well Jack, not every trip can be a winner...sometimes, things disappear in another dimension. Happens all the time to houses in Florida :D

Yep, it must have been a sinkhole what swallowed the Taj!

Great images Jack and you are now starting to head into some greener scenery as you make your way south.

Maybe the druggies from around here took it, they will steal anything for a few bucks to get their next hit.:rolleyes:

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Great images Jack and you are now starting to head into some greener scenery as you make your way south.

Maybe the druggies from around here took it, they will steal anything for a few bucks to get their next hit.:rolleyes:

Thanks Martyn!  And dang, how could you steal the Taj. It's beautiful and I would imagine quite heavy!

Thanks for the risky experiment and detour, Jack. At least the plane was able to survive landing there...

22 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Maybe the druggies from around here took it, they will steal anything for a few bucks to get their next hit.

Or maybe it was the tourists? If every one takes a little stone, the Taj would disappear within short time (this is the queue for entry, the ticket desk to the left):

DSC02051.jpg

Here you can see it should be just south of Yamuna River - which is relatively dry most of the year.

DSC02096.jpg

This is how the monument looks in FSX (so it should be there in p3d as well?!)...

2017-4-14_15-3Agra.jpg

... and here you can see the Red Fort. Not. Not depicted...

2017-4-12_20-36NoAgraFort.jpg

32 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Or maybe it was the tourists? If every one takes a little stone, the Taj would disappear within short time (this is the queue for entry, the ticket desk to the left):

DSC02051.jpg

And they all came by train..... ;-)

Fred

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor trein rijden in India

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks for the risky experiment and detour, Jack. At least the plane was able to survive landing there

Thanks Gerold.  I wish I could have found it.

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

And they all came by train..... ;-)

That's pretty funny Fred!

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Great idea Jack! :). It was worth searching for. I could not resist having a look myself (P3Dv4)

Thanks Paul, but how in the world did you find it?  I'm still looking, do you know the coordinates?

8 minutes ago, Orbxtreme said:

Lovely set, I like the naturally sunny side of your shots (sometimes, to add this sunny side I have to edit the shots a bit).

Thanks Francois!

3 minutes ago, BradB said:

Great shots from your trip Jack , here is the info on the Taj :

Taj Mahal/Coordinates

27.1750° N, 78.0422° E

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  I'm heading to Allahabad from where I left off and when I took off I saw it.  So I captured a couple of shots, they're in the distance but I'm gonna have a look later when I get a chance.

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks for the risky experiment and detour, Jack. At least the plane was able to survive landing there...

DSC02051.jpg

Here you can see it should be just south of Yamuna River - which is relatively dry most of the year.

DSC02096.jpg

This is how the monument looks in FSX (so it should be there in p3d as well?!)...

2017-4-14_15-3Agra.jpg

... and here you can see the Red Fort. Not. Not depicted...

2017-4-12_20-36NoAgraFort.jpg

Wonderful pics and photos Gerold. 

It must be an amazing sight in RL and considering the FSim scenery is not even OLC, I don't think it is too bad.

When OLC Asia comes out we can only hope that some of these remarkable structures will be given the POI treatment.

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, but how in the world did you find it?  I'm still looking, do you know the coordinates?

Hi Jack, Well Gerold has given you the co -ordinates now. But you can see them in my screenshots -

27. 10.55 N and 78. 02.49 E.

8 hours ago, Stillwater said:

You got it! Still not very detailed, but we can hope at least the landscape & river can be improved soon...

Thanks Gerold, I was just pleased to find that LM had made the effort to model it. :)

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

It must be an amazing sight in RL

It is, absolutely. When you come around the corner and see its sheer size...

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

When OLC Asia comes out we can only hope that some of these remarkable structures will be given the POI treatment.

I also hope for this. However, given the amount of potential POIs in SE Asia, this could make OLC a huge project...

I am sure we could give many RL photos to Orbx if they need.

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Thanks Gerold, I was just pleased to find that LM had made the effort to model it. :)

The credits go down to Microsoft: The same model already existed in FSX (and maybe even before).

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Great flight and shots Jack! :)  Did you try the one in Atlantic City. :D

Thanks Adam, and I didn't even know they had one in Atlantic City!

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Hi Jack, Well Gerold has given you the co -ordinates now. But you can see them in my screenshots -

27. 10.55 N and 78. 02.49 E.

Thanks Paul, now to find the time to go there.  I found it by accident when I took of from the airport on my last flight as you'll soon see when I post 'em.

6 hours ago, Stillwater said:

It is, absolutely. When you come around the corner and see its sheer size...

I also hope for this. However, given the amount of potential POIs in SE Asia, this could make OLC a huge project...

I am sure we could give many RL photos to Orbx if they need.

The credits go down to Microsoft: The same model already existed in FSX (and maybe even before).

A place I will never see, India is not on my list of places to go before the toes curl.

Well they will have to do something else in OLC once they have the world covered.

Ah, Microsoft. I wondered who did the model first.

10 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Very nice Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A place I will never see, India is not on my list of places to go before the toes curl.

Well they will have to do something else in OLC once they have the world covered.

Ah, Microsoft. I wondered who did the model first.

I'd like to see it, especially the Taj, but alas, it's probably not meant to be.

8 hours ago, European Mountain Man said:

Fantastic set of shots and a fantastic flight i must say i enjoyed coming along for the ride and i also enjoyed your set of shots regards EMM

Thanks EMM!

Archived