Updates for PAVD & LEBB

Hi!

Just thought I would share a few screens from our coming updates for PAVD & LEBB.

PAVD - Valdez Pioneer Field

For Valdez we are adding something I honestly missed the first time around, which is a bit embarrasing: the seaplane base L93 Robe Lake located just a few kilometers south of PAVD. It's an incredibly beautiful spot for a seaplane base with the sourrunding mountains and finally you will now have a proper place to park your seaplane when visiting Valdez.

The P3D version of the update will also cover dynamic lights for the airport and ground specular effects at PAVD.

f6LbVHLIQrBN1IU5a911a8f3b478.jpg
AzkqPTYNEO9cSof5a911a8deeac9.jpg
ikxQ2kvaucDPLM75a911a8f53545.jpg

LEBB - Bilbao

The Bilbao update will bring updated groundtextures for the airport with completely new runway textures and higher resolution throughout the apron and taxiways. Also a slightly new apperance for the terminal textures have been added.

49uTi3CZ0JYojGl5a911d9217c8c.jpg
IjQvmyjGZPpZOgb5a911d930c183.jpg
iQS72OvOU1F3qSF5a911d91d8999.jpg
GSh76VnU22xyI835a911d926c77d.jpg
4RcDBuU7pwlV6Dg5a911d93db3a8.jpg
Cf3x5rxe7vi3eOB5a911d93d916d.jpg
vewsklbVza0xNNo5a911d949fee7.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the screens & that you are all having a nice weekend,

Regards,

Marcus

This is great news. I have both airports. I'm particularly excited about Bilbao as I rally did not enjoy the general quality of ground textures in the existing version. Haven't gone there much because of it. So thrilled to see that you are working these improvements.

This is exciting! I baught PAVD this Christmas and have not seen it yet. I am flying that way in the PC-12 via Orbx's BC Canada airports and their airports in the alaskan panhandle. I am exited for the SPB and the dynamic lighting!

Thanks for doing these updates!

@Marcus Nyberg Will you adjust the taxiway edge lights a little bit? They are way too white in colour. I've never been to Bilbao myself but the colour is basically an ICAO thing and I'm sure they need to be more dark blue to pass requirements.

I always thought it was only me, but I can see they are almost white on your screenshot above. For comparison, in the ESSA scenery they are just fine, blue as they should be.

So perhaps you give those lights some love and make them a bit more realistic?

Thanks!

Markus

25 minutes ago, mburkhard said:

@Marcus Nyberg Will you adjust the taxiway edge lights a little bit? They are way too white in colour. I've never been to Bilbao myself but the colour is basically an ICAO thing and I'm sure they need to be more dark blue to pass requirements.

I always thought it was only me, but I can see they are almost white on your screenshot above. For comparison, in the ESSA scenery they are just fine, blue as they should be.

So perhaps you give those lights some love and make them a bit more realistic?

Thanks!

Markus

I can have a look at that. Funny you mentioned that the lights at ESSA are fine, as there are no blue edge lights there ;) not in our scenery at least, we got the impression there actually aren't any blue edge lights at Arlanda, only reflective blue pipes at the taxiway edges, which we didn't add to save on performance. But yes, we can have a look at that for Bilbao.

19 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

I can have a look at that. Funny you mentioned that the lights at ESSA are fine, as there are no blue edge lights there ;) not in our scenery at least, we got the impression there actually aren't any blue edge lights at Arlanda, only reflective blue pipes at the taxiway edges, which we didn't add to save on performance. But yes, we can have a look at that for Bilbao.

Oops, sorry about that! Then it must have been another ORBX scenery! I remember that I specifically went to another ORBX place to compare, just in case this was a general problem. Don't remember which airport it was, but it was blue and not white :) 

Anyway, in your scenery it is almost impossible to differentiate taxiway edge lights to runway edge lights, and this should not be.

Thanks for having a look at it!

1 hour ago, mburkhard said:

Found it, @Marcus Nyberg , it was LOWI to which I compared LEBB. See the attached screenshot, there's quite a difference in edge lighting colour between LEBB (left) and LOWI (right). LOWI's edge light's colour is much closer to the blue colour I know from real lights.

twy_edge_lights_LEBB_LOWI.thumb.jpg.9bcc7cc21148ed5ecf28c58f1ef381c5.jpg

Thanks for the update on that. We all do our projects different ways at ORBX.

I will address the blue lights for the update.

12 hours ago, gaab said:

There was a taxiway connection problem which, according to "experts" ;),  was the cause of disparition of landing and taking of AI traffic.

Will it be adressed in the next Service Pack ?

Thanks

Gérard

Was not even aware of the issue, I'll have a look at it.

Are we talking about Bilbao by the way or Valdez?

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent addition to PAVD which will make for some enjoyable seaplane flights.

Good to see the upgrade for LEBB even though I didn't realise it needed doing!

Thanks for your hard work Marcus which is greatly appreciated.

8 hours ago, tdavart said:

Thank you! :)

10 hours ago, JimNZ said:

Great update.  Thanks very much, we all appreciate your hard work to make these two airports even better. Well done.

Jim.

10 hours ago, JimNZ said:

Great update.  Thanks very much, we all appreciate your hard work to make these two airports even better. Well done.

Jim.

On 24.2.2018 at 2:10 PM, caleb1 said:

This is exciting! I baught PAVD this Christmas and have not seen it yet. I am flying that way in the PC-12 via Orbx's BC Canada airports and their airports in the alaskan panhandle. I am exited for the SPB and the dynamic lighting!

Thanks for doing these updates!

On 24.2.2018 at 1:20 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

I think I need to stop being amazed, just when I think it can't get any better it does.  You guys are incredible and all I can say is thank you Marcus!

On 24.2.2018 at 10:24 AM, BrianV said:

Very nice updates in sight and I look forward to landing and exploring at L93.  You just made our weekend better, thanks!

On 24.2.2018 at 10:20 AM, Sniper31 said:

This is exciting news Marcus! Thanks for the work on these updates! :)

Thank you all for your kind comments.

To see that it is apprieciated makes it worth to put in all those hours :)

On 26.2.2018 at 11:46 AM, Nexus82 said:

LEBB (sort of offensive ICAO code if you're a swede) looks amazing.
I even bought the "old" version last night, just so I can be spoiled with the new texture updates when they are released :D

Tack så mycket & thanks! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Valdez is an absolutely awesome piece of scenery and quite challenging as the weather can change so fast. Looking forward to this great looking update and thank you for taking the time to update and/or add additions to this fantastic airport and it's surrounding scenery. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Fludo94 said:

Hallo Marcus,

Any news on the updates?

Thx

Hi!

I apologize for the delay. I've been wanting to change a few other things but it's hard to balance time between the different development projects. As soon as my Swedish bundle is done, I'll get back to this. Perhaps should have waited a bit with the previews ;)

Marcus, as a fellow Swede I have followed you airport design and am looking forward to add Valdez to my hangar of airports presently includig Homer and Kenai as well as Aerosoft Anchorage. Alaska is such a beautiful region (kanske inte riktigt lika imponerande som vårt grannland i väst Norge men nästan) :) My question is if you have any plans to continue in south Alaska, Seward (PAWD) or Cordova (PACV) both looking like absolutely amazing spots.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived