Going for a walk.

lifejogger

It is just amazing how much detail is tucked away...I mean, how long ago did Concrete release? I remember when it did, and how awesome it was, and now, wow....still as awesome as ever years later.

The next to last one with the road sign is the definition of small detail.  I've never been to Washington State, but it sure makes sense they'd have the silhouette of G. Washington on the state routes signs.  Andreas and Heiko could have just used a bland white circle, but they went that extra step!  Very, very cool.

Just now, BradB said:

I wonder if walking in Orbx world , counts toward my New Year's resolution to walk more . :unsure::rolleyes:;):D

Cheers

John

John you should hike!  I hike 8 miles a day or every other day.  I've lost 75 pounds, walked 9800+ miles and it's the number one thing in life.  I love the beautiful forest right where I live.  I don't even have to drive, I walk there.  700 acres, lots of deer, hawk, and all kinds of other animals from bobcats to coyotes, to squirrels and chipmunks to tiny frogs.  Beaver dams, it's wonderful and great exercise, and good for your mind and body with the endorphin release.  I walk in all kinds of weather, pouring rain, heat, night, and my favorite, snow.

Amazing shots Lifejogger...I had NO idea that this airport contained so much detail...I'm always so focused on landing!?

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

John you should hike!  I hike 8 miles a day or every other day.  I've lost 75 pounds, walked 9800+ miles and it's the number one thing in life.  I love the beautiful forest right where I live.  I don't even have to drive, I walk there.  700 acres, lots of deer, hawk, and all kinds of other animals from bobcats to coyotes, to squirrels and chipmunks to tiny frogs.  Beaver dams, it's wonderful and great exercise, and good for your mind and body with the endorphin release.  I walk in all kinds of weather, pouring rain, heat, night, and my favorite, snow.

I agree with you on this one, Jack!  Mrs. Republic DC-9 and I enjoy several hikes a day starting at 4:50AM daily, and when it's -35F here in Wisconsin we do laps to music in our large (ranch) basement.  And I sit on an inflatable exercise ball when I do anything with my sim...helps with balance, helps tighten the "core"...ok no "six pack" abs just yet but with AFS2, XP11 AND P3Dv4 installed and a bunch of Orbx releases in 2018, it's going to mean more simming/ball sitting, and I'm sure the Mrs. will be swooning soon, all thanks to our wonderful hobby! :)

I am overwhelmed by the response I have received from everyone for just going for a short walk in Cement!!!!!

Thank you all very much!!!!:)

And Jack I am not a walker I am a runner and I plan on running my whole life........lifejogger. 

11 hours ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Amazing shots Lifejogger...I had NO idea that this airport contained so much detail...I'm always so focused on landing!?

I agree with you on this one, Jack!  Mrs. Republic DC-9 and I enjoy several hikes a day starting at 4:50AM daily, and when it's -35F here in Wisconsin we do laps to music in our large (ranch) basement.  And I sit on an inflatable exercise ball when I do anything with my sim...helps with balance, helps tighten the "core"...ok no "six pack" abs just yet but with AFS2, XP11 AND P3Dv4 installed and a bunch of Orbx releases in 2018, it's going to mean more simming/ball sitting, and I'm sure the Mrs. will be swooning soon, all thanks to our wonderful hobby! :)

What a brilliant idea.  Sitting on an exercise ball like that is good for you.  

9 hours ago, lifejogger said:

I am overwhelmed by the response I have received from everyone for just going for a short walk in Cement!!!!!

Thank you all very much!!!!:)

And Jack I am not a walker I am a runner and I plan on running my whole life........lifejogger. 

Yup, I see a lot of people jogging all the time as I just plod along hiking.  Either way, it's good to get out and get exercise.  I used to jog all the time in my youth, but with a knee that had surgery and now needs replacing I can't.  My skiing days are over.  But I can still hike and enjoy the great outdoors.

What you did in your shots was creative.  I loved it.  Did you do like I do, set crash detection off and just taxi around with a camera in front of the plane?  I can't get that avatar to work for anything, I think he conflicts with my controls despite how many times I unbind them from him.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yup, I see a lot of people jogging all the time as I just plod along hiking.  Either way, it's good to get out and get exercise.  I used to jog all the time in my youth, but with a knee that had surgery and now needs replacing I can't.  My skiing days are over.  But I can still hike and enjoy the great outdoors.

What you did in your shots was creative.  I loved it.  Did you do like I do, set crash detection off and just taxi around with a camera in front of the plane?  I can't get that avatar to work for anything, I think he conflicts with my controls despite how many times I unbind them from him.

Jack, I use BOB to move around when I am on the ground....... It is in the freeware section of  Orbx.

Archived