Grounded

Hi i just did a flight from Bristol and was going towards Toulouse and all my monitors went off i think it is my card so until my pc guy comes back to me i will not be doing any more flying at the moment

my flight lasted 2 hrs and my 3 monitors went black but my pc was still on the fan on the card was going like hell because i took the front off my tower to have a look  but the card was not over hot

i just do not know this started yesterday so at the moment no more flying until i get it sorted .

this flight is with p3dv4.1 and envshade i hope you enjoy my  trip until my monitors went off regards stewart

dpsES2B.jpg

engine start at Dawn

poeZFta.jpg

on my way

3nXx6wH.jpg

Bristol airport

LaRLbw3.jpg

looking towards Poole Dorset

G6HmGk7.jpg

looking towards Portland

0NsLr4Y.jpg

Cherbourg  been there many times on truck line ferries with my truck

1lxslbY.jpg

Cherbourg 2

pqLGYjv.jpg

Laval

yt7g0BJ.jpg

Angers 1

zkDYj8l.jpg

Angers 2

HN1h5Nk.jpg

A room with a view just after this shot my monitors went off

Bummer!!

Do you have a basic GFX outlet on your motherboard? You could try all your monitors one by one - but it really does look like the GFX card has had it. Apart from the odd power supply giving up the ghost, I think GFX cards have always been the components that have gone kaput on me. Hardly surprising, considering the punishment I give them :lol:.

Adam.

10 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

Bummer!!

Do you have a basic GFX outlet on your motherboard? You could try all your monitors one by one - but it really does look like the GFX card has had it. Apart from the odd power supply giving up the ghost, I think GFX cards have always been the components that have gone kaput on me. Hardly surprising, considering the punishment I give them :lol:.

Adam.

Thanks Adam i do not know about a GFX outlet i have contacted my pc guy he lives about a 1 hrs drive from me he fitted a new power supply a 1200 wat  and also put my old card in

which is a gtx 780 ti  which i have been using for about 4 weeks for my spare monitors it has its own connection to the power supply  running 2 monitors .

And my main one my 1080 for my  4k  G-SYNC monitor when my monitors went off i took the side off my tower and the fan on my 1080 was going like hell and the writing on the card said fan off but my pc was still on just the monitors i will wait till my guy gets back or what ever he tells me to do regards stewart

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I hope you get up and running again soon and that your problem is not too big.:(

Fully agree. I was just about to say "thanks for the occasion to upgrade the GPU", before I read Stewart is already running a 1080. Much too expensive for another spent.

14 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Stewart. Sorry to hear your problems. I just got my pc back from the "hospital" no I've got to re-install everything. Oh boy. All the best my friend.

Oh no, how I hate re-installing. But... welcome to the club, I slowly have to move to p3d currently...

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice ones Stewart and gosh, I hope you get this fixed soon, you're shots will be missed my friend!

Thanks Jack I think it may just be driver problem with NVidia I rolled back the drivers and then reinstalled them I am running p3d

now testing regards stewart  

8 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Stewart. Sorry to hear your problems. I just got my pc back from the "hospital" no I've got to re-install everything. Oh boy. All the best my friend.

Thanks I am pleased you liked my shots I am pleased you have your pc back I think my problem is a driver problem with

NVidia the latest driver I rolled back the driver and then reinstalled I am testing p3d now regards stewart  

8 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Fully agree. I was just about to say "thanks for the occasion to upgrade the GPU", before I read Stewart is already running a 1080. Much too expensive for another spent.

Oh no, how I hate re-installing. But... welcome to the club, I slowly have to move to p3d currently...

Thanks Gerold  I may not have to do a reinstall I think it may be NVidia driver related I am testing p3d now if I still have problems 

I will take my card out and clean it and then put it back in and try again regards stewart

8 hours ago, Sammy H said:

Fantastic shots Stewart.  Sorry for your PC issues, I hope it all gets resolved so you can continue sharing your trips with us.

Thanks Sammy I am pleased you liked my shots I think it may be the NVidia driver I have rolled back my driver and reinstalled

again I am testing p3d  now regards stewart

2 hours ago, adambar said:

Great shots Stewart! :)  Sorry about your pc problem, but i'm usre you'll be up and running in no time. :)

Thanks Adam I am pleased you liked my set of shots I think it may be a NVidia problem I have rolled back the drivers and renstalled

them I am testing p3d now I hope for the best regards stewart

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:59 PM, Adam Banks said:

Bummer!!

Adam.

sorted i out Adam it was my NVidia driver regards stewart

10 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Thanks Sammy I am pleased you liked my shots I think it may be the NVidia driver I have rolled back my driver and reinstalled

again I am testing p3d  now regards stewart

Sounds like could be the same issue.  I installed the latest Nvidea driver a few nights ago.  Since then I have had 2 crashes in v4.1 which since I installed when it first came out has never happened.  I may also roll back to my previous driver.

12 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

Sounds like could be the same issue.  I installed the latest Nvidea driver a few nights ago.  Since then I have had 2 crashes in v4.1 which since I installed when it first came out has never happened.  I may also roll back to my previous driver.

This has never happened  to me before Sammy i thought i had a big problem with my graphics card after several days i was thinking that i had got a new NVidia driver and may be that's the problem .

i would be doing a flight and about 1 and a half hrs my monitors went black and my fan on my card was really going mad and last night looked on the right of my monitor and se a message

Display driver failed  to start and i got thinking last night and this morning i rolled back the driver and downloaded the new driver to my downloads and installed it that way and not through

Geforce  Experience and run  p3dv4.1 from Bristol to Toulouse no problem at all 2 and a half hr flight .

i really thought it was going to cost me big money for a new card because i thought it broke .

well Sammy i wish you luck my friend regards stewart 

2 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Display driver failed  to start and i got thinking last night and this morning i rolled back the driver and downloaded the new driver to my downloads and installed it that way and not through

Geforce  Experience and run  p3dv4.1 from Bristol to Toulouse no problem at all 2 and a half hr flight .

i really thought it was going to cost me big money for a new card because i thought it broke .

well Sammy i wish you luck my friend regards stewart 

Which driver did you roll back to Stewart?

I got the same message.  I updated to newest driver then was doing a flight from PANC to RKSI, halfway through the flight the sim crashed.  No big deal, next day decided to do another flight and crashed again.  Then tried a 14 hour flight down to New Zealand from Houston and worked just fine but upon landing got a message that says " display driver has stopped working and has recovered" but the picture never came back.  Just curious which I want to roll back to.  This is the main reason I do not always update things, because sometimes they just don't work and screw your entire setup.

We can continue via private message Stewart if you want.  I don't want forum mods to lock this topic on you.  But so you know I rolled back to my previous driver just now.  I'm going to give it a test here shortly on this 4 hour flight I'm doing.

Archived