Along the Murray

VH-KDK

The Virtualcol SAAB 340 works pretty well in P3DV4.0 with just a couple of minor foibles.

We shall take a flight along the Murray River from Albury to Mildura.

1.am1.jpg

Just off from YMAY with the Victorian town of Wodonga across the river whose left bank marks the boundary with NSW and Albury.

2.am2.jpg

Just behind the SAAB is the town of Howlong. I tried to play golf here many years ago.:lol:

3.am3.jpg

Now at Corowa and the gliding airport YCOR can just be seen to the right of the town.

4.am4.jpg

Berrigan.

5.am5.jpg

Deniliquin on the Edward River.

6.am6.jpg

The junctions of the Edward on the left and Murrumbidgee River on the right with the Murray ,close to Robinvale.

7.am7.jpg

Looking back up the Murrumbidgee with the town of Balranald.

8.am8.jpg

The Murray again at Irymple with King's Billabong.

9.am9.jpg

Over the A20 just before touch down.

10.am10.jpg

Unloading at YMIA Mildura and those huge cones are partly hidden.

I hope you enjoyed flying along.

28 minutes ago, BradB said:

How long was your drive in Howlong Martyn ? . :rolleyes:;):lol:  Interesting name of a town , I am glad I don't live there . :unsure::blink::(:lol:

Cheers

John

Oh no John, it would have it's advantages.:huh:

If the right person asks you, then you can show them!:o:o:lol:

My golf drive was not very long though.:(

4 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Nice flight  and shots Martyn.  Thanks for the descriptions, it is nice to know what the screenies are of.

Thanks John, it is interesting for me to know just where I have been although I know this area quite well.:)

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Well done Martyn! :). Much of the area looks very undeveloped.

Cheers Paul. Once you get over the Murray and into western NSW it is pretty wild. Plenty of cattle, sheep and goats there but only crops around the lakes.:)

Hi Martyn,

A great series!

Drove over to Mannum from Canberra and back a few weeks ago. (For a week on a large houseboat on the Murray). Overnighted as usual at Balranald, lunch at Mildura. (1,100km each way)

I hadn't thought of repeating it in flightsim. Your shots look great and Rex would be the people to fly with :)

Interested to see what it looks like around Hay.

Cheers.

Aussie.

Hello Martyn,

You got me interested and so I planned a flight from Wagga (YSWG), Hay, Balranald, Mildura (YMIA).

A problem I have, is when I went over Hay at high altitude, the airport (YHAY) and the roads were there - but no town landclass?

I went back and checked. Golf course but no town. :)

Can you check if you have a similar situation?

Thanks,

Aussie

2017-12-12.png

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

I thought the same thing John did, how long did you try to play golf Martyn?  :lol: Another great tour mate.

Not long was how long Jack as I find it a frustrating game although a good golfer in the group reckoned I had the potential.:o

FSim is a much better way to enjoy my time!B)

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:41 AM, Stillwater said:

Nice views of the South, Martyn. Always good to see how much you can get to work in v4.

Cheers Gerold, I didn't realise how easy of how long it would take until I got some help from PaulB.:)

I was too dumb to work out Adam's way.:lol:

A bit of trial and error just as long as nothing destroys my install.:ph34r:

22 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Hi Martyn,

A great series!

Drove over to Mannum from Canberra and back a few weeks ago. (For a week on a large houseboat on the Murray). Overnighted as usual at Balranald, lunch at Mildura. (1,100km each way)

I hadn't thought of repeating it in flightsim. Your shots look great and Rex would be the people to fly with :)

Interested to see what it looks like around Hay.

Cheers.

Aussie.

Thanks Aussie, that is quite a drive and I hope you enjoyed all of the wonderful scenery across the Hay Plains.:lol:

The house boat holiday would have been a great way to spend a relaxing week.

REX are my favourite Oz airline but now I never get to fly with them since I moved from Mildura to Mooroopna 10 years ago!

14 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Hello Martyn,

You got me interested and so I planned a flight from Wagga (YSWG), Hay, Balranald, Mildura (YMIA).

A problem I have, is when I went over Hay at high altitude, the airport (YHAY) and the roads were there - but no town landclass?

Thanks,

Aussie

2017-12-12.png

G'day, just seen your request.

I will have a look around Hay for you later and see what is there.

A few things to do outside this morning before the heat kicks in, 39°c today here!:o

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Not long was how long Jack as I find it a frustrating game although a good golfer in the group reckoned I had the potential.:o

FSim is a much better way to enjoy my time!B)

:lol:  Th only golf I've ever played is Tiger Woods Golf of my Xbox.  :lol:

17 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Hello Martyn,

Thanks,

Aussie

2017-12-12.png

Just done a flight around Hay and it is just like your view with the street grid but no buildings.:o

Hopefully Hay will appear in the new AUS that is on it's way.:)

Archived