Is Canberra Cityscape okay now?

Jack Sawyer

Hi @Maurizio Giorgi, I first tried both steps in the John Dow post but P3D would freeze at 6% loading or CTD.  So I then reinstalled those files he said to take out and then it worked, so effectively all I did was to add .OFF to one bgl.

So here's a bunch of shots, since I've never been there can you tell me if it now looks correct?  Thanks Maurizio, I appreciate it.

xmtwlgH.jpg

bosFaup.jpg

Ajvikyk.jpg

MLnGnOZ.jpg

FkPSEoA.jpg

SHMyuv1.jpg

iPY0a1c.jpg

aE82jKL.jpg

gFQVeGn.jpg

AtcaUbK.jpg

BsDwfqy.jpg

ma9ttuo.jpg

Cyc4oAv.jpg

ItqcJUO.jpg

I3Fjklv.jpg

abjeEFB.jpg

clG1LcK.jpg

AcI6gtE.jpg

jzvzT0t.jpg

U0wMf9I.jpg

XLDcs7R.jpg

Zhpuj9K.jpg

lKuQ66o.jpg

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Real beautiees Jack correct cityscape or not. But I heard those people in the stadium yelling; "Git off the grass with you egg beater".:rolleyes::D

:lol:  I wish I could go inverted and cut their grass!  Thanks Karl!

57 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

I have never been there either but it looks great to me, super shots.

Thanks John, it's a very nice area.

27 minutes ago, ikbenik said:

It's more than ok, it's fabulous....great job done, congrats :o

Thanks kind sir, I appreciate it.  Lovely place to live, I wouldn't complain.

18 minutes ago, BradB said:

Bye George , you got it now Jack . I have been here many times and it looks how Maurizo has designed it . :D:)

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I posted one more with the "Dude" but he's so hard to control, Roger has been helping me but I think there's a Saitek conflict.  I really wish I could control this clown too because he would help a lot in my comics.  But all he does is spin so fast my monitor gets dizzy!

1 hour ago, Ken Terry said:

Jack, it's fine, great pics, I have been there many times, it looks just like your shots.

When are we likely to see you "down under"?

This may be of interest   https://visitcanberra.com.au/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgZmJ7brs1wIVCx4rCh3flQBcEAAYASAAEgJ6J_D_BwE

Cheers

Ken

Thanks Ken!  That's a nice link, #3, fancy that.  Gosh, I'd love to go there, maybe someday.  Hopefully.

28 minutes ago, BradB said:

If I know the "Dude" correctly , he won't shy away from any stunt that you tell him to do . B);):D:lol:

John

Would that were true John.  He's intractable, I simply cannot get him to stop spinning like a top.  I've removed all physical assignments from him, no Saitek controls at all yet he still moves when I move the mixture and then he spins like a whirling dervish.  If I could get it to work I'd be one happy camper.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Ken!  That's a nice link, #3, fancy that.  Gosh, I'd love to go there, maybe someday.  Hopefully.

Would that were true John.  He's intractable, I simply cannot get him to stop spinning like a top.  I've removed all physical assignments from him, no Saitek controls at all yet he still moves when I move the mixture and then he spins like a whirling dervish.  If I could get it to work I'd be one happy camper.

He works just find with my Thrustmaster joystick .

John

Wonderful set Jack and that scenery looks top class.

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

He was ok, he landed in a pig sty! :o:lol:

He doesn't look anywhere the "House on the Hill."

Great try landing at the sports ground too, you were really on the ball!:wacko:

Hi Jack,

Looking good! :)

I followed the post but did not delete the files. I only changed the one BGL to OFF. 

That change had the desired effect of putting autogen on what were 'empty fields' alongside ANZAC Parade.

Everything else looked fine apart from my 'double decker' at Capitol Hill.

Yours seems OK.

I will have to have another look at mine.

Did you run the vector tool?

Wow Jack, yes, i don't find nothing wrong now, super shots!!! :) It's common that when two photoreal sceneries cover the same area or they share a boundaries, there is an autogen suppresion for the scenery lower in priority in the scenery library. The only way to fix this, is to copy the autogen of the cityscape into YSCB texture folder, or in alternative to delete the photoreal bgl in the YSCB scenery folder. I don't know why the simulatr freezed after John Dow's solution, because according to me it's correct, we discussed togheter about that solution.

11 hours ago, adambar said:

Great looking set there Jack, nice job! :)

Thanks Adam!

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set Jack and that scenery looks top class.

He doesn't look anywhere the "House on the Hill."

Great try landing at the sports ground too, you were really on the ball!:wacko:

Thanks Martyn! :lol:  What is this House on the Hill?

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Hi Jack,

Looking good! :)

I followed the post but did not delete the files. I only changed the one BGL to OFF. 

That change had the desired effect of putting autogen on what were 'empty fields' alongside ANZAC Parade.

Everything else looked fine apart from my 'double decker' at Capitol Hill.

Yours seems OK.

I will have to have another look at mine.

Did you run the vector tool?

Thanks Paul, been following your posts and I'm sorry it's not working out for you.  What I did first was print out John Dow's post.  Then I renamed the one bgl to .bgl.OFF and I deleted the files he said were duplicated, and they were duplicated because I looked.  But I saved them on the desktop.

Ran Vector then ran. P3D and it wouldn't load past 6% and even CTD a few times so I replaced the files and kept the .OFF on the bgl file.  And now it works.

2 hours ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Wow Jack, yes, i don't find nothing wrong now, super shots!!! :) It's common that when two photoreal sceneries cover the same area or they share a boundaries, there is an autogen suppresion for the scenery lower in priority in the scenery library. The only way to fix this, is to copy the autogen of the cityscape into YSCB texture folder, or in alternative to delete the photoreal bgl in the YSCB scenery folder. I don't know why the simulatr freezed after John Dow's solution, because according to me it's correct, we discussed togheter about that solution.

Thanks for your help Maurizio.  I hope we can fix Paul's dilemma.  I wonder what could be different between our systems?  And you help and support is very much appreciated.  No one else in the sim community does this.

23 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, been following your posts and I'm sorry it's not working out for you.  What I did first was print out John Dow's post.  Then I renamed the one bgl to .bgl.OFF and I deleted the files he said were duplicated, and they were duplicated because I looked.  But I saved them on the desktop.

Thanks for your help Maurizio.  I hope we can fix Paul's dilemma.  I wonder what could be different between our systems?  And you help and support is very much appreciated.  No one else in the sim community does this.

Cheers Jack! :). I don't know what I have done differently :unsure:

Hopefully Maurizio will point me in the right direction! :)

17 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn! :lol:  What is this House on the Hill?

I should have said "He doesn't look anywhere near the house on the hill."

I was referring to the parliament house which does make an impressive sight as you cross Lake Burley Griffin on Commonwealth Avenue.

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

I should have said "He doesn't look anywhere near the house on the hill."

I was referring to the parliament house which does make an impressive sight as you cross Lake Burley Griffin on Commonwealth Avenue.

I see, yes, it's quite impressive, and I forgot Canberra is the capitol of Australia, I always goofily thought it was Sydney.  What a knucklehead I am!  :blink:

16 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I see, yes, it's quite impressive, and I forgot Canberra is the capitol of Australia, I always goofily thought it was Sydney.  What a knucklehead I am!  :blink:

An easy mistake to make Jack.

The same as the state capitals in the US, so many I don't know and am surprised when I find out.:o

I mean I would never have guessed Austin was the capital of Texas!:lol:

8 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

An easy mistake to make Jack.

The same as the state capitals in the US, so many I don't know and am surprised when I find out.:o

I mean I would never have guessed Austin was the capital of Texas!:lol:

Hey I live here and I don't know all of them!  :lol:

Ok, from memory i remember that the Parliament issue is caused by Vector that makes a flat file not to work properly. You have to rename a Vector file .off

Here is the post

I tested the scenery in P3D V4 without Vector installed, and the Parliament looks correctly anchored to the ground :)

So All that you need to do is to navigate in 

P3D...\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX

and rename the 8744_EXX_Excludes.bgl in 8744_EXX_Excludes.bgl.off

32 minutes ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Ok, from memory i remember that the Parliament issue is caused by Vector that makes a flat file not to work properly. You have to rename a Vector file .off

Here is the post

Hi Maurizio, thanks for this for the other guys.  I'm just curious as to why mine looks correct and I too have Vector installed but never changed the name of the file.  

53 minutes ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Here is the post

I tested the scenery in P3D V4 without Vector installed, and the Parliament looks correctly anchored to the ground :)

So All that you need to do is to navigate in 

P3D...\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX

and rename the 8744_EXX_Excludes.bgl in 8744_EXX_Excludes.bgl.off

Well done and thank you sir! That fix has worked for me :)

Odd though Jack, why yours should be OK. Still, if it works, then don't fix it! ;)

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I agree, I'm gonna run it now and have a look for that file just to see what's up, I'm not gonna touch a thing though.  ;)

Well yours looked better than mine or Stewarts............... Anyway, I did turn that file to OFF and it worked foe me. 

1 hour ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Here is the post

Hi Maurizio, I just looked, I don't even have that file in that particular folder.  Interesting.  I have Vector installed but not that file.  I wonder why?

Archived