Seaplane bases part 1

Jack Sawyer

So I decided to make a round Robin to CAC8, CAX6, and CAG8 in three separate flights.

This is the first one, CYCD, Nanaimo to CAC8, Nanaimo in the MV Beaver.  Most exhilarating flying a float plane again, I loved it.

zgKj7B7.jpg

4iqujyZ.jpg

Xg9aETI.jpg

WfkoCo8.jpg

aFYWOUj.jpg

ecuKIof.jpg

vGo1wt4.jpg

3F6cWsK.jpg

YIN6PJs.jpg

N9vyvQU.jpg

aeRmUtw.jpg

kTuiM4t.jpg

gJvh4Yt.jpg

c6tBRKU.jpg

4YXEBIo.jpg

5sLM4ln.jpg

Hi Jack, 

Just last night I happened to find these two videos of Kenmore Air , and also Seair, arriving at the Seair terminal in Nanaimo – where you ended up. And now I have a perfect excuse to post the links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRZjlIEkQKM

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltsccyCd5jk

Notice that the Seair docks have been upgraded compared to the ones in the CAC8 scenery. I was trying to capture the general ambiance as shown in the vids but I’m not sure how successful I was.

Nothing watered down in those shots Jack, all picture perfect! :D

1 hour ago, Larry_R said:

Notice that the Seair docks have been upgraded compared to the ones in the CAC8 scenery. I was trying to capture the general ambiance as shown in the vids but I’m not sure how successful I was.

Personally Larry, I think that you have captured the ambiance excellently in all of your seaplane bases, I "feel" like I have been to each place after flying in, looking at the documentation and now seeing the vids.  Great work and Thanks for the latest upgrade!

9 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Very enjoyable Jack!

Thanks Rob!

9 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Jack. Awesome area. I've been to Nanaimo many times. Also had a few real flights in a Beaver. Tough bird with a great sounding engine.:)

Thanks Karl, I'd love to do this in real life!  Yeah, great sound n this plane.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Great idea Jack and some terrific images to start off with.

You have chosen the perfect plane for your tour.

The folks in that tower block would have had an excellent view of you flying past.

Thanks Martyn, I'd love to have been in that tower block, they must have a great view.  Two more flights to be posted soon.

6 hours ago, BradB said:

Boy these look great Jack , Larry really did a fantastic job on these freeware seaplane bases . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I agree, it's a whole different way of flying.

6 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hi Jack, 

Just last night I happened to find these two videos of Kenmore Air , and also Seair, arriving at the Seair terminal in Nanaimo – where you ended up. And now I have a perfect excuse to post the links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRZjlIEkQKM

and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltsccyCd5jk

Thanks Larry!  These were cool videos.  I wish I could be there and part if it, it looks like a beautiful area.  You captured it well, I'm very pleased with your work.

5 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Like your shot Jack, they are excellent.

Thanks John!

4 hours ago, adambar said:

Wonderful shots indeed, great job Jack! :)

Thank you Adam!

4 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Nothing watered down in those shots Jack, all picture perfect! :D

Personally Larry, I think that you have captured the ambiance excellently in all of your seaplane bases, I "feel" like I have been to each place after flying in, looking at the documentation and now seeing the vids.  Great work and Thanks for the latest upgrade!

"Watered down" :P  I love it!  You learning from the Martyn school of puns?  Thanks Roger!

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Great series of shots Jack! :).I often forget about the seaplane bases, yet they can be so scenic!

Thanks Paul, I agree, and it's a nice challenge to taxi up to the dock.

14 minutes ago, RichardLouis said:

A nice set Jack. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Richard, you're welcome!

1 hour ago, stewart1 said:

Wow Jack what a super set of  screen shots and they look fantastic you look like you enjoyed your trip I now I did thanks regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, I really enjoyed it.  It's so much easier to take off and land on water and you can do it anywhere.  A much different type of flying but I love it.  And Larry did a wonderful job on these places too.

Archived