Some from around NZ

Tim Harris

Nice shots. Looks like you have both cast and receive shadows for the vegetation activated? Sadly, this is not possible for me in NZ, ruins my FPS. I keep only receive shadows, as such at least the cloud shadows are visible on big forests.

37 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Wow Tim your screen shots look fantastic are you using PTA for the colours are super regards stewart 

Thanks Stewart, yes PTA and late afternoon light

20 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Nice shots. Looks like you have both cast and receive shadows for the vegetation activated? Sadly, this is not possible for me in NZ, ruins my FPS. I keep only receive shadows, as such at least the cloud shadows are visible on big forests.

Cheers!, thats funny I dont seem to notice any difference with the tree shadow settings, I do run a fairly tight area for them though, about 6km range, the shadows in P3D are the biggest immersion builders for me, so I always have them set all on, and lower other things if needed

18 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Grand shots indeed Tim.

cheers

Iain

Ta Iain!

2 hours ago, Tim Harris said:

the shadows in P3D are the biggest immersion builders for me, so I always have them set all on, and lower other things if needed

Same here, that's why I am asking. Would be interested in your other settings then. You also do not see any impact of shadows on or off for trees in ORBX Stockholm? It is unflyable for me with tree casting and receiving shadows...

Surely amazing to see the rediscovery of Orbx NZ with the new sim. We all will have plenty of old stuff to re-fly now!

6 hours ago, Tim Harris said:

I do run a fairly tight area for them though, about 6km range, the shadows in P3D are the biggest immersion builders for me, so I always have them set all on, and lower other things if needed

i5-4690K @4.8 water | Z79S Krait | GTX980TI  | Win10

... plus a good motivation to see the specs of your rig, as it is not totally out of my range!

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

You are making Orbx shine in these shots

That´s it!

4 hours ago, John Lovell said:

Nice shots Tim. I agree the shadows cast and receive on trees make all the difference in giving them depth 

... makes it amazing shots, indeed.

10 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

These are amazing Tim! B)

The first time I saw Mt. Taranaki I could not believe it was real :o I had to check Google to make sure you guys had not made a terrible mistake :lol:

Thanks Mark, yes if you are not familiar with Taranaki it might come as a shock!

10 hours ago, BradB said:

You should post more often Tim , these look fantastic !! .

Cheers Brad!

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Outstanding Tim!  Like Stewart I'd love to know what preset you're using.  You are making Orbx shine in these shots, I mean the second one looks like something you'd see on a calendar of the beauty of New Zealand!  They ALL good! 

Thanks Jack, I just installed PTA for the first time the other day (thanks Matt!) and I used 'MattDavies1.3.ini' preset, do you have this?

9 hours ago, John Lovell said:

Nice shots Tim. I agree the shadows cast and receive on trees make all the difference in giving them depth 

Absolutely John and thanks, I still like the old FSX color palette and sometimes the weather/water looks better, but for shadows and everything else v4 is kicking so many goals

9 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Can't let these super shots of NZ go without commenting. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Familiar places, but what wonderful angles and lighting!

Thanks Adam, you have been capturing some crackers yourself!

8 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots Tim! Good to see you posting :).

Thanks Paul!

8 hours ago, AnkH said:

Same here, that's why I am asking. Would be interested in your other settings then. You also do not see any impact of shadows on or off for trees in ORBX Stockholm? It is unflyable for me with tree casting and receiving shadows...

I'll post some settings up, I dont fly much in Europe sorry, usually stick to the Pacific area

5 hours ago, Bugdani said:

Thanks for sharing, lovely !

Thanks Bug

4 hours ago, Tailspin45 said:

Gorgeous!

Cheers!

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

i5-4690K @4.8 water | Z79S Krait | GTX980TI  | Win10

... plus a good motivation to see the specs of your rig, as it is not totally out of my range

Its a modest system when looking at some others here!, but watercool it (Kracken X31) and combine it with a SSD just for the sim (I use Samsung EVO 500gb) and it sings :)

4 hours ago, mikee said:

Amazing Shots Tim :rolleyes:

Thanks Mikee

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

I have just cancelled my holiday to NZ.:o

With such realistic images shown here I don't need to go now.:wacko::blink::lol:

Haha, I'm sorry NZ

5 minutes ago, Tim Harris said:

Thanks Jack, I just installed PTA for the first time the other day (thanks Matt!) and I used 'MattDavies1.3.ini' preset, do you have this?

Hi Tim, yes I do, I use the same preset.  So what else do you use?  I use REX for the three sky textures and ASCA for clouds. 

2 hours ago, Tim Harris said:

Three more that flight

My settings, nothing special, except no traffic air or road

So interesting to see the different settings of those who produce the best images on here. No two of them are the same!

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Are you interested in Cricket then Jack? Do you know much about Ian David Stockley Smith, he was a New Zealand wicket Keeper!:huh::wacko::lol:

When I lived in the UK I really tried hard to figure out Cricket.  I couldn't understand it, when you're in you're out and when you're out you're in or something like that.  :o

36 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

When I lived in the UK I really tried hard to figure out Cricket.  I couldn't understand it, when you're in you're out and when you're out you're in or something like that.  :o

It is a funny game, especially the way the English play it.:lol:

It was very strange, when I was very young I quite often used to get sick from school when there was a Test Match on!B)

24 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

It is a funny game, especially the way the English play it.:lol:

It was very strange, when I was very young I quite often used to get sick from school when there was a Test Match on!B)

I might have to look up the rules again and see if I can make heads of tails of it but it might become a sticky wicket!

Archived