Jackson Hole to Driggs Reed

Jack Sawyer

Had a delightful flight from KJAC to KDIJ which is over the mountains, it took me a while to circle to altitude to cross the tops of the snow covered granite but it was worth it.  Now with OF2 I'm really enjoying the sim.

8PldbvF.jpg

hk3aTeq.jpg

3SiGskE.jpg

tYLeATX.jpg

QidqMAx.jpg

ruAO5IQ.jpg

xAXAodx.jpg

vkWp3Ks.jpg

6A9R8qf.jpg

lwxzUJz.jpg

C5iv1K5.jpg

paC2df8.jpg

eQCDd9O.jpg

MbkKkMq.jpg

B1xAWOp.jpg

SM3WSmL.jpg

0ED0wVV.jpg

76TtbVe.jpg

Iomeq6w.jpg

zUYDgbY.jpg

9 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful bright and breezy set Jack.

That must have been a very enjoyable flight over the mountains in your Cessna.:)

Thanks martyn, it was really enjoyable.  Orbxland never looked so good.  I haven't touched 3.4 in a dog's age and was thinking of uninstalling it.  But not till I get my two choppers.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks martyn, it was really enjoyable.  Orbxland never looked so good.  I haven't touched 3.4 in a dog's age and was thinking of uninstalling it.  But not till I get my two choppers.

I have too much freeware that I like that cannot be used in V4 so my V2.4..... no stop laughing, my v2.4 will stay installed.

Too many pay ware airports to toss away as well.

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

I have too much freeware that I like that cannot be used in V4 so my V2.4..... no stop laughing, my v2.4 will stay installed.

Too many pay ware airports to toss away as well.

I hear ya Martyn, it'd be like binning a LOT of money and time.

1 minute ago, BradB said:

If you were looking for snow Jack , I understand the North GA mountains got there first dusting over the weekend . :ph34r::(:D

Cheers

John

News to me John, wouldn't surprise me, the wife and I walked yesterday in the forest with a wind chill of 30F!  But next weak back to 80!  Been here for 28 years and have never seen anything like it.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

News to me John, wouldn't surprise me, the wife and I walked yesterday in the forest with a wind chill of 30F!  But next weak back to 80!  Been here for 28 years and have never seen anything like it.

By this time next week , we will have a foot of snow on the ground . :ph34r::o:angry:

Cheers

John

10 minutes ago, adambar said:

Driggs is used as an alternate airport for planes in the winter in case Jackson Hole is closed, just a little tidbit of info. :D  Gorgeous shots Jack! :)

Thanks Adam, now I never knew that!  I love learning new stuff like this.  After that flight I can easily see why.

5 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots of a beautiful place to fly.  Question, how does OF2  allow you to enjoy the sim more?

Hi John and thanks.  OF2 helps me because I can fly the same scenery with maxed out sliders without worrying about OOM's or VAS, so the sim looks a whole lot better.  Makes me very happy.

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent ! Your sim looks really good in these shots Jack! :)

Thanks Paul, I think I've arrived, no more OOM's, VAS, and I like the PTA the way it is.  All I might do is darken up the ground shadows ever so slightly.

5 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Well Jack I enjoyed your trip and your screen shots look super regards stewart

Thanks Stewart!

4 hours ago, ftwd said:

Fabulous pics Jack, I really enjoyed this set :D

Cheers,

Nathan.

Thank you kindly Nathan!

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Cracking shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

9 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, I think I've arrived, no more OOM's, VAS, and I like the PTA the way it is.  All I might do is darken up the ground shadows ever so slightly.

Well, it all looks very good to me Jack! :)  And no more OOMs!!!! :D

2 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well, it all looks very good to me Jack! :)  And no more OOMs!!!! :D

Thanks Paul, I agree, isn't it great to not even think of VAS anymore?  And have our Orbx stuff, and max out the sliders?  Never thought I'd see the day.

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I haven't touched 3.4 in a dog's age and was thinking of uninstalling it.  But not till I get my two choppers.

Great set of shots Jack, not sure what other chopper you have but the 530 may not be too far away, last update (2 weeks ago) they were working on a “start in the wind issue”, when that is resolved it will be released.  I miss mine also. :(

9 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Great set of shots Jack, not sure what other chopper you have but the 530 may not be too far away, last update (2 weeks ago) they were working on a “start in the wind issue”, when that is resolved it will be released.  I miss mine also. :(

Thanks Roger.  I'll believe MV when I see it.  I have the Bell 407 and the MD-530F and I'm patiently waiting.  

Hi Jack,

Some fine shot's in a beautiful area - hah - you should be good at 12K as the regs don't start until 12.5 although people are affected differently by hypoxia... LOL and A2A models it but I've never tested it... Keep up the fine work...

Regards,
Scott

34 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jack,

Some fine shot's in a beautiful area - hah - you should be good at 12K as the regs don't start until 12.5 although people are affected differently by hypoxia... LOL and A2A models it but I've never tested it... Keep up the fine work...

Regards,
Scott

Thanks Scott!  I remember the first time it happened in the sim, I was climbing over mountains in SAK and the screen went black, I thought oh no, not another PC problem.  But A2A is brilliant to do this.

When I flew hot air balloons our policy was O2 at 10k feet no matter what but we seldom went that high.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Scott!  I remember the first time it happened in the sim, I was climbing over mountains in SAK and the screen went black, I thought oh no, not another PC problem.  But A2A is brilliant to do this.

When I flew hot air balloons our policy was O2 at 10k feet no matter what but we seldom went that high.

Hi Jack,

Hah - now I'll have to make a point of trying it...

:)

Regards,
Scott

Archived