11S in OF beta

Jack Sawyer

Just now, scottb613 said:

Hi Jack,

Superb set - sorry - "OF Beta" - new one on me ?

Regards,
Scott 

Thanks Scott!  The OF is Object Flow.  In P3D v4 Orbx has allowed us to "opt in" to the Object Flow beta program so we can have all of our airports in V4.  There's a link here on how to sign up for it.

3 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

Very nice Jack... the vegetation is insane! B)

Thanks Mark, I gave to agree, it's very beautiful.

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Some real nice shots Jack , can you please cut the grass with your roters . :rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

Thanks John, would that I could!  It's exceedingly difficult to stay inverted in a chopper. :(

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Fantastic Jack! Isn't it great to have the airports :D

That's a cool chopper, ideal for exploring there.

Thanks Paul, I like it, especially the sounds, reminds me of Vietnam on TV when I was a kid.

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Very nice set Jack.

If you ran that set in v4.0, what, if any, differences do you think you would notice??

TTM

Thanks TTM.  I did run it in V4.1.  No visual difference that I can see, but a HUGE difference in VAS.  No more VAS worries, good riddance to VAS!

55 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Jack.

The airport comes up really well.:)

Thanks Martyn!

27 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Outstanding shots Jack

Thanks John!

9 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Super set of screen shots are you using Mats new pta for p3dv4.1 and  Adams new preset  for p3dv4.1 looking very good Jack well done regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, I like it but I'd like to learn more on how to use it but it's tedious to shut down the sim, tweak it then re-run the sim.  I spent several hour this morning then gave up in frustration.

44 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, I like it, especially the sounds, reminds me of Vietnam on TV when I was a kid.

It always reminds me of the film - 'Apocalypse Now' and the Hueys flying at the very start.B)

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John, would that I could!  It's exceedingly difficult to stay inverted in a chopper. :(

Haven't you heard of slash and burn Jack? Just make sure your tanks are full, makes for a better fire!:o

46 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Jack. Have you or anybody had any real trouble with the OF beta at all. I was going to wait until it was sorted but beginning to change my mind. Plus where do you sign up for the beta, haven’t seen it anywhere. Derek.

Hi Derek, there have been les and less problems, and someone who works for Orbx said it will be released soon.  I haven't had any problems so far and I'm methodically going through my airports one by one.  I just made a wonderful flight in Pago Pago.  Posting it soon.

And here's the link with instructions on how to join.  Best of luck to you!

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, I gotta tell you one thing Paul, MilViz nailed this chopper!

Excellent video Jack and what a distinctive and magical sound. Don't the modern designers realise that anything that flies is better when it is noisy.:lol:

All these namby pamby folks today that can't tolerate a bit of old fashioned aircraft noise!

The HEMS Bell 412s were replaced last year by AW139s. Nice as the new choppers are, I do miss the 3 minute warning the 412s used to give so I had enough time to get my camera out.

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent video Jack and what a distinctive and magical sound. Don't the modern designers realise that anything that flies is better when it is noisy.:lol:

All these namby pamby folks today that can't tolerate a bit of old fashioned aircraft noise!

The HEMS Bell 412s were replaced last year by AW139s. Nice as the new choppers are, I do miss the 3 minute warning the 412s used to give so I had enough time to get my camera out.

I agree Martyn!  When I was in the Air Force we had a saying when those loud F-111's went blasting over our heads, "Jet noise, the sound of freedom."  Yeah, today's planes are almost stealthy!  Well, except for those MD-88's that fly over my house 24/7, so loud the windows shake.

But when I hike I see a lot of planes and I know them all by their engine sound, if it's an 88, I don't even look up.  But when I hear something very quiet, I look up and sure enough it's a ginormous 777.  Huge jet but oh so quiet.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

You have her looking exquisite Jack! :)

New you need some free ultra high quality 4096x4096 pix grass.   

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z61outu0olidme7/DrzewieckiDesignGrass.exe?dl=1

I've never heard of this Paul.  Will it change the grass quite a bit?  Can it be uninstalled?  And lastly, do you have any before and after pix?

Archived