Castle spotting in Germany

Jack Sawyer

P3Dv4 - All Orbx stuff - New REX settings as well as PTA.  Thanks to Adambar.

I found the coordinates of ten castles but only found six.

First four are the Reichsburg castle

DnWWqMV.jpg

zLBaSCi.jpg

zsnqqdt.jpg

jKWygkC.jpg

These three are the Lichtenstein castle

bt45hSq.jpg

g6cdzfq.jpg

FX27tOk.jpg

Next two are the Schwerin castle and church

szQr9Rx.jpg

rsf29iM.jpg

Three of the Hohenzollern castle

mz01IXS.jpg

bUaIF4S.jpg

iPXzorr.jpg

The last set is of the Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau castles, I didn't know they were so close to each other.

OM29lZM.jpg

a1o8qum.jpg

pjwE9pD.jpg

V3X3GI0.jpg

BUnHkXJ.jpg

GW9QBxF.jpg

KvlejfM.jpg

Really nice job you guys at Orbx, really enjoying Germany South!

5 minutes ago, Sascha Normann said:

That's probably because you got lost somewhere in the Mosel area. The first ones show Burg Eltz. Reichsburg is further southwest along the river. :)

Oh, well thanks Sascha!  I'll have fun trying to find them then, you did a wonderful job here and I'm very pleased with your work.  Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn!  I would LOVE to visit even one in real life.

Didn't you go to any castles when you were in Europe?

So many interesting historical buildings over there, guess it was a long time ago and you had other things to do!

6 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Didn't you go to any castles when you were in Europe?

So many interesting historical buildings over there, guess it was a long time ago and you had other things to do!

I went to the one in Edinburgh, the one in London, and some smallish ones here and there but nothing like that beautiful Neuschwanstein, now that's lovely.

1 minute ago, flyingleaf said:

Absolutely great shots Jack. Especially the close ups. Well done orbx indeed. Hey Jack I guess for close ups that upside down eggbeater does come in handy:D. k

Thanks Karl!  You know what they say, a million parts flying in close formation!  :lol:

10 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I went to the one in Edinburgh, the one in London, and some smallish ones here and there but nothing like that beautiful Neuschwanstein, now that's lovely.

Ah right, they are so different in Germany though.:)

10 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Thank you very much for these screenshots, which remembered me when I was a kid and went to Neuschwanstein with my granddad and grandma. Very impressive, though (or because) it is a 19th century fantasy build of Ludwig II., the king of Bavaria...

Thanks Lars.  I'd love to see it in person, all I've seen is photos of it on the Internet and it looks amazing.

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn!  I would LOVE to visit even one in real life.

Nice shots, Jack. If and when you do go, I highly recommend going to Burg Eltz. Unlike so many of the other castles in Germany, which were renovated in the 19th century in ahistorical fashion to suit the romanticism of the time, Burg Eltz was in unbroken family ownership for centuries and was spared destruction in war. So it is one of the few that still looks the way it did originally. 

Misha

7 hours ago, stewart1 said:

All I can say is wow fantastic set of screen shots Jack well done and very interesting  regards stewart

Thanks Stewart!

7 hours ago, Misha_K said:

Nice shots, Jack. If and when you do go, I highly recommend going to Burg Eltz. Unlike so many of the other castles in Germany, which were renovated in the 19th century in ahistorical fashion to suit the romanticism of the time, Burg Eltz was in unbroken family ownership for centuries and was spared destruction in war. So it is one of the few that still looks the way it did originally. 

Misha

Thanks Misha, but I fear it'll be a very long time before I could go, medical issues.  I would love to see such a place, it would be wonderful.

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Hi Jack, I only just noticed this thread. First class post and shots my friend, really well done! :)

They really do look like fairy tale castles! Quite amazing to see. So much history there.

Thanks Paul!  Yes, I agree, they look excellent, Orbx did a terrific job here.

6 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

One chocolate-box set of shots!

:lol:  Love your reply Erik!  Thanks.

5 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Uuups, somehow I missed this thread too. Great tour of some remarkable buildings in Germany, Jack. I think we'll have a lot of exploring to do in the next couple of weeks to see at least some of the POIs :)

Thanks Bernd!  I agree, a lot to do and see in GES!

4 hours ago, Turboarrow4 said:

Very nice set of pics, Jack. Maybe on halloween one or another willbecome alive again for one night only....

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Turboarrow, sounds spooky! :ph34r:

2 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

All great shots Jack!

Thanks Dolf!

9 hours ago, BradB said:

You are the P.O.I. king Jack , maybe Richard B. and Orbx can put you to work  . :)B):rolleyes:

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  I think Martyn takes that crown though.  I don't think Orbx would want me with all my dumb stuff I do.  Maybe for comic relief?  Nah.  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great post, Jack, showing these pieces of orbx work so nicely and detailed!

Going to Neuschwanstein is a risk, this place is always overcrowded with non-simming tourists. 

Thanks Gerold and :lol:, I can see that, man, there must be a lot of us virtual tourists visiting that lovely castle.  Orbx did a really nice job on it.  I saw the one in Disney World twice now and it's beautiful but to see the real one, a dream.

Archived