Dawn to Kern

Jack Sawyer

Just now, BradB said:

A real treasure trove of amazing shots Jack , you must be burning the midnight oil tonight . Or should I say morning for you . :oB):D

Cheers

John

Thanks John, made these a few hours ago then watched some YT's and decided to post them.  Needed to brighten my day.  It's now 0157 local.  Off to bed in a few minutes.  Cheers my friend!

6 hours ago, paulb said:

That's a first class set Jack! Well done my friend! :). I like the detail shots at the start and end, the change of day, the way the weather changes during the flight.........well, all of it really!

Thanks Paul!  I wanted to have a longish flight so from KSAN to Kern was around 177 miles?  Not sure.  But it was worth it and I also wanted to emulate what Stewart's been doing with starting at dawn.  That time of the day adds an entirely new dimension to my little slice of Orbxland and it was quite pleasing.

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Top class series Jack and a great flight.

Quite a tricky little strip to land on too.

Thanks Martyn!  And I thought the same exact thing on final, nice place but narrow! :o

4 hours ago, Turboarrow4 said:

Top notch set of shots, Jack, thanks for sharing.

cheers

Thorsten

Thanks Thorsten and thank you for looking!

3 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Super set of screen shots Jack and what no antics are you feeling ok I was expecting you to be inverted in 1 or 2 of the shots but no I was very surprised my friend

regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, I'm ok, it's just I can't do inverted every flight can I?  I just wanted a real flight to enjoy the scenery as I had all my P3D and Orbx settings at the highest so I could really enjoy all the details.

3 hours ago, Rick@YMEN said:

Spectacular twilight shots with those  amazing street lights snaking through the city, very realistic.

Enjoyed this set.

Thanks Rick!  I agree, when I saw those lights all I wanted to do was just fly low to them and follow the roads.  But I had to gain quite a bit of altitude to cross those mountains.  And my little Cherokee doesn't perform so well at higher altitudes so it was a slog getting to the proper height.

3 hours ago, oldboy43 said:

Wow Jack very nice shots, beautiful scenery, thank you.

Cheers

Karoly

Thank you Karoly, I'm glad you liked them.  It was a pleasing flight.

53 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Very enjoyable series of shots Jack, and I love that you finished at L05 Kern Valley. Lovely little gem of an airport. I also admire that livery on that plane. Very nice.

Thanks Landon!  It's a very lovely place nestled nicely in those hills.  I love it.

26 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic light in these shots, a beautiful socal tour, Jack!

Thanks Gerold.  That's what I was shooting for, nice light by starting at dawn.  

23 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks my friend, but I am waiting patiently for the official release of OF.  I reckon it's a lot more complex, I know I don't have the skills to do it.

The beta is actually working pretty seamless and stable, and the install is the same as previous platform versions.  That said, I certainly respect your desire to wait for the official release.

11 hours ago, magic1 said:

Very nice Jack!

Thanks Magic!

9 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Stunners Jack absolute stunners. Crisp and clear. Well done.:D

Thank you Karl!  It was a relaxing flight.

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Superb set of shots Jack, nice job! :)

Thanks Adam!

5 hours ago, medx421 said:

The beta is actually working pretty seamless and stable, and the install is the same as previous platform versions.  That said, I certainly respect your desire to wait for the official release.

Yeah, I am so tempted to try but with my luck, well, if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. :blink:

5 hours ago, Bugdani said:

I want KSAN now !

And this is the Orbx SoCal default KSAN bug.

Archived