The lady with the giant cones

VH-KDK

Time for my first real flight in the Virtualcol CRJ.

We shall be flying from Sanderson to West Gladstone, both FTX Global Freeware Airports.

OLC NA,  FTX Global freeware, Trees, Vector, P3DV4, Virtualcol CRJ, REX TD EE, PTA with Adam's Preset REX edition uncle Tom Cobbley and all.

1.kk1.jpg

Parked up at KANJ and getting ready for the flight. Got into trouble for throwing the manual out of the window as it may have been ingested into the engine.

2.kk2.jpg

Off we go with Canada over the other side of the water.

3.kk3.jpg

The St Marys River can be seen as the GPS kicks in and we head west.

4.kk4.jpg

Izaak Walton Bay and Round Island all part of Whitefish Bay on Lake Superior.

5.kk5.jpg

In the vicinity of Raco.

6.kk6.jpg

Waiska Bay and Bay Mills.

7.kk7.jpg

The orifice.

8.kk8.jpg

Close to Strongs which is what we hope the wings are.

9.kk9.jpg

Beautiful clouds over Curtis.

10.kk10.jpg

At the Haiwatha State Forest on Little Bay de Noc.

11.kk11.jpg

Well into our descent at Perronville.

12.kk12.jpg

Touchdown at Escanaba.

13.kk13.jpg

Turning off the runway. Missed the glideslope but got down ok.

14.kk14.jpg

Ground services in action and as you can see Virtualcol has not reduced the size of the traffic cones but the flight attendant still looks the part.>:D

Version 2 now handles like I think it should. Once again a plane has been put out with serious faults but gladly has been fixed.

Very happy with it and I would recommend it to those of us that want to fly and not spend too much time insulting the manuels.

15 minutes ago, paulb said:

Great shots Martyn! :)    We might start a CRJ club? LOL! :D

You are right though.....................look at the size of those cones!

Why not Paul, the Dash club came and went so why not another great Canadian plane.

They are rather big aren't they,  you would get a sore back carrying those around all day.:huh:

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Got into trouble for throwing the manual out of the window as it may have been ingested into the engine.

:lol:

Outstanding Martyn!  Your best yet.  In my opinion I don't think you should touch one setting, if it was my setup I'd leave it as they all look perfect.  The skies and water look perfect, and the colors of the ground and shadows, perfect.

And that's a cool livery too!

7 hours ago, BradB said:

I had to Google these locations because I was not familiar with them . I need to do more flying in the upper Midwest and into Canada . Anyway one heck of a post Martyn . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I just picked these places out as they were both Global Freeware and not too far apart for a test flight. Even though it is flat the scenery is beautiful to fly over.

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Another great geographic lesson, with superb scenery shots. Congrats to getting her landed.

Though... I was expecting a totally different post after reading this title.

You had better keep it to yourself what you were expecting.

I cheated on the landing as ii forgot to disconnect the auto throttle and ended up in the runway approach lighting.

Never mind, in FS you live to fly another day regardless.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol:

Outstanding Martyn!  Your best yet.  In my opinion I don't think you should touch one setting, if it was my setup I'd leave it as they all look perfect.  The skies and water look perfect, and the colors of the ground and shadows, perfect.

And that's a cool livery too!

Thanks Jack. What a difference V4 is but I still venture back in time to fly some of my more obscure and well liked aircraft.

Glad you like the appearance. It does look good but I am not one for blowing my own trumpet!

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Jack. What a difference V4 is but I still venture back in time to fly some of my more obscure and well liked aircraft.

Glad you like the appearance. It does look good but I am not one for blowing my own trumpet!

If I had OF in V4 I'd think of dumping 3.4 but despite study level planes I still like the occasionally "fun" in the GeeBee or other CTRL+E plane, I'm not immune to low and slow Orbx eye candy. They just have so much detail at all their airports.  I mean, I buy a bunch on the sales, go there once in a helo and then don't go back for a long time.  What I should do is pick an airport and explore every little nook and cranny within several miles of it.  So many POI's and cool things to see.

18 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

If I had OF in V4 I'd think of dumping 3.4 but despite study level planes I still like the occasionally "fun" in the GeeBee or other CTRL+E plane, I'm not immune to low and slow Orbx eye candy. They just have so much detail at all their airports.  I mean, I buy a bunch on the sales, go there once in a helo and then don't go back for a long time.  What I should do is pick an airport and explore every little nook and cranny within several miles of it.  So many POI's and cool things to see.

Same here Jack with the ORBX airports, buy and fly without looking at much of the fine detail.

Then on to the next one and forget my latest airport purchase.!

2 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Martyn as always. With regards to manuals; that's why I like Farmans Corsair it has a huge arrow on the starboard wing which clearly shows the direction one "should" fly.:D

Thank you for your great comment. Those arrows have been very handy when flying the Corsair. I first thought what a strange plane being a pusher and facing backwards in the cockpit. I assumed the latter was to aid the rear vision and not getting jumped by too many of those cunning Zeros.;)

2 hours ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

It is quite a shock Martyn after the

freezing cold winter this year.

Hot Regards.

Anthin.

Hottest September day since records began in Shepparton and looks like being the  driest too unless we get some unexpected rain.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Same here Jack with the ORBX airports, buy and fly without looking at much of the fine detail.

Then on to the next one and forget my latest airport purchase.!

Well, I try to discover as much detail as I can from every new purchase. That´s why it takes me so long.

Second, I keep a list of my recent-but-unexplored purchases. But this brings me nearer to a "burn-out", still to do from Orbx are San Diego, Innsbruck, Coffs, Tamworth, Aeropelican, Avalon (you see the sales effect here?)...:o

3 hours ago, adambar said:

Something wrong with my eyes today Martyn, i'm reading everyones title wrong. :unsure::D  Top notch shots my friend! :)

Got the same trouble, Adam. Your eyes should be ok.

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:56 PM, stewart1 said:

Well done Martyn what a wonderful flight and the scenery looks fantastic and you caps on the flight as you went along below the screen shots well done my friend regards stewart

Cheers Stewart, glad you enjoyed the flight.

Archived