SAWE to SCCI in a DC-6

Jack Sawyer

I didn't know someone else just posted shots from this exact same airport, SAWE, Ushuaia!

So I flew from SAWE to SCCI, Carlos Ibenez Del Cam in the Dc-6.  Lots of shots.

Orbx Global, South America L/C, Vector, Trees, AS4 & ASCA on, Adam Bank's PTA with his REX skies, all sliders maxed and it flew perfectly, no BSOD or CTD and I love it, it's a very beautiful area.  And this is one COOL plane!

fiGKK3U.jpg

TdXmqCr.jpg

whyzhRs.jpg

wTFWhBm.jpg

qx97Dnf.jpg

ev2lTIF.jpg

hll7gXh.jpg

KZ9mRI7.jpg

hU7YBw8.jpg

nzfuNQ1.jpg

owzfTj3.jpg

rsNl0pC.jpg

tXFqPDA.jpg

9emqKmB.jpg

frtCUrr.jpg

CAgf9KC.jpg

9xD3xhH.jpg

rfNcps2.jpg

isfXAlv.jpg

conNeea.jpg

2PqGVjc.jpg

6VvosgN.jpg

yuaBFE1.jpg

AGaKFI4.jpg

SW7oHK4.jpg

Fi9izup.jpg

pH7zUxv.jpg

S6TD0yc.jpg

hGQlaMu.jpg

wGVYfRe.jpg

IXAT37w.jpg

dWgyr6A.jpg

GtPcU91.jpg

coku8N4.jpg

7 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set Jack and it is getting very busy down in that part of the world lately.:mellow:

Always good to see the DC-6 or any propliner come to that!

Thanks Martyn!  It was a very busy flight I have to tell you that.  This plane can be a handful but I love it!

Just now, TigerTigerM said:

Excellent set Jack.

Have you tried to use Autopilot or GPS with the DC-6??

TTM

Yes sir, it works great!  I used the GTN650 and made a perfect ILS approach.  And the autopilot works nicely, a bit old fashioned for my taste but it works.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes sir, it works great!  I used the GTN650 and made a perfect ILS approach.  And the autopilot works nicely, a bit old fashioned for my taste but it works.

The GTN 650 is an add on??

With the AP - can you set a VS & a target altitude at which it will level out.??

& will it follow a Flight Plan

There seem to be several switches to flick, in the correct order, to get the AP to work. Haven't quite figured it out.

TTM

10 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

The GTN 650 is an add on??

With the AP - can you set a VS & a target altitude at which it will level out.??

& will it follow a Flight Plan

There seem to be several switches to flick, in the correct order, to get the AP to work. Haven't quite figured it out.

TTM

Hi TTM, yes, Flight1's GTN 750 comes with the the 650 free.

The AP isn't like more modern autopilots, you have to climb to a set altitude manually then engage it and it will hold that altitude.

But you have to control lateral movement with the big knob on the pedestal, as far as I can tell.  There is a three position switch, I forget what they all are now but one is for approach and I think one is for ILS, not too sure on that.

Yes, turn on the small switches first then the big lever on the lower left forward pedestal.

Excellent shots, Jack and a superb plane. I still fly the Just Flight version of it. Luckily it isn't as challenging to operate as the PMDG version. 

And never mind that we both departed from the same airport. This continent is so huge, it can tolerate it :):)

9 hours ago, paulb said:

That's an excellent set Jack and a super flight! :). Nice the way that you show it all of the way from start to finish.

Thanks Paul.  It was a great flight but challenging in this plane.  But well worth it.

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Gotta love the old props Jack, flew on them many times in the good old days of aviation, super job! :)

Thanks Adam, I agree, this was a golden age of aviation.

9 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

7 hours ago, Mickel said:

GPS?   GPS?!  :P  I only use the thing it came with because I have tune the nav radios...

Lovely shots.

I can do that Mickel, I have all the read-world Jeppesen maps so I could navigate VOR to VOR but I like modern avionics a lot. :P

6 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Excellent shots, Jack and a superb plane. I still fly the Just Flight version of it. Luckily it isn't as challenging to operate as the PMDG version. 

And never mind that we both departed from the same airport. This continent is so huge, it can tolerate it :):)

Thanks Bernd.  It's weird that we left the same airport.  My intention was, and still is to fly all the way north up the coast but didn't realize South America has so many little islands on the west coast.  Amazing country to be sure.

Seeing those out of the U.S. shots Make me want to grab the other Orbx products as well to than the U.S.  - but I only have so much space on my hard drive for my gaming...especially with Oculus there's just so many that I hope to try some day with the VR.  LOL.  Gotta be conservative! :) 

Like the interesting locales. :)  

5 minutes ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Seeing those out of the U.S. shots Make me want to grab the other Orbx products as well to than the U.S.  - but I only have so much space on my hard drive for my gaming...especially with Oculus there's just so many that I hope to try some day with the VR.  LOL.  Gotta be conservative! :) 

Like the interesting locales. :)  

Thanks John, I know what you mean, I have 3.4 on a 1TB SSD and it takes up something like 386 GB, V4 is on a 500GB SD and when Orbx does release all their stuff that I have in 3.4 I can see it filling up quite fast.

4 hours ago, Juanvito said:

Very nice. I feel Ushuaia doesn't get that much attention during the summer, but it still looks great.

Thanks Juan, I wanted something to start up the coast and I looked at my globe in my office and then looked in the sim to see if there was an airport there and there was.  Love SA!

3 minutes ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Nice shots Jack. SA is next on my list, however I need to find out what high resolution mesh works best with OrbX Global & Vector. I'd be interested to see how well such mesh models the Tepui in that part of the world, especially in Venezuela.

Thanks, Orbx has a free mesh for SA.

Archived