I have an idea.

Dadtom65

How about what with all the birthday posts just recently that Orbx as a good will gesture let people who on their birthday are able to pick probably not a full fat region but say an Airport, even a small airport of their choice as a gift from Orbx. They could start it on the new year. How does that sound to people and mainly Orbx of course. Derek.

53 minutes ago, John Venema said:

We have a nice free airport from Matteo coming soon as a gift to everyone, how's that? :) 

Sounds great to me John, especially for some of us old gits that might not have too many birthdays left!:huh::o:ph34r::lol:

Maybe it was meant as a funny idea, but I am really sorry to read why some people always want more stuff for free.

We just had a magnificient 48% Off Sale where we could buy lots of sceneries (At least I did so...).

Now is the time for flying and enjoying what we just bought!

Regards Fred

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

We have a nice free airport from Matteo coming soon as a gift to everyone, how's that? :) 

That would be lovely John and much appreciated.

51 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Maybe it was meant as a funny idea, but I am really sorry to read why some people always want more stuff for free.

We just had a magnificient 48% Off Sale where we could buy lots of sceneries (At least I did so...).

Regards Fred

Do you really think it would have been accepted, plus you do not get anything unless you ask. Derek.

Let's do some simple maths!

The Orbx forums have around. 77,700 members and the cheapest Orbx airports currently cost approx. AU$ 25. That means Orbx had to provide birthday presents worth of at least AU$ 1,942,500 per year! I don't think this will ever be going to happen! ^_^

5 hours ago, John Venema said:

That is awesome news JV, and I personally think that is more than acceptable. This will be a great free addition to go along with all of the other numerous free airports that Orbx has provided to us customers. And lets not forget the special scenery areas that have been provided for free as well, like Yosemite, Portland cityscape, etc....and then there are all the free upcoming P3D v4 airports being ported for free. 

Yea, I would say that Orbx does quite a bit of free things for us customers for our birthdays :D;)

I am already feeling guilty by purchasing most Orbx stuff during sales. Orbx products quality is that high that I always wonder why they can go that low with prices.

We all should be thankful that Orbx exists. Imagine your flightsim without Orbx again. Probably many people wouldn't want to fly anymore. I am sure I would lose interest.

Orbx was and is a gift for the flightsim world.

In my liftetime I probably will never be able to explore every beautiful corner included in their fine sceneries. Yet I can't resist to continue purchasing Orbx releases...

23 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Regards Fred

+1

Archived