Five from Alaska

Did an FSE flight this morning.  Our little FBO at 6AK5, Fire Island to pick up supplies at PANC and back.

ehW4YWA.jpg

eMT21jo.jpg

ZMCx4gj.jpg

ccIZx7k.jpg

77fPGvf.jpg

I almost forgot, does anyone know if Global AI Ship Traffic will work in P3D V4?  I don't even know who or where to ask.  Thanks.

I almost forgot, does anyone know if Global AI Ship Traffic will work in P3D V4?  I don't even know who or where to ask.  Thanks.[quote/]

don't worry i will tell you ;)

Patrick

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Very nice Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

51 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots, Jack. I'm not sure re Global AI ship traffic. If it doesn't work, I'm sure that Henrik Nielsen and his team will provided an upgrade reasonably soon

Thanks Bernd, I hope so because besides Orbx stuff, I think this is the neatest thing to see ships on the ocean.

50 minutes ago, BradB said:

Henrik Nielsen was the original creator , I am not sure if he is on our forum Jack ? .

Cheers

John

Don't know John, I'll wait till I see a post here.  I forget who here first posted it and I installed it and love seeing all those cool ships.

44 minutes ago, Orbxtreme said:

Very nice set Jack, sorry that I cannot be of help with anything that goes with P3D.

Thanks Francois!  Not a problem, just look at what we have to choose from now.

I know a guy who has FSX SE, DCS World, XP11, P3D 3.4, AS, and Dovetail's new sim.  I'll be happy with P3D v4 and Orbx.  This tired old dog is getting too old to fiddle with all those sims.

Just now, Bermuda425 said:

Love the roughness of the simulated landscape!

Thanks Erik.  I do too, it's a tiny strip on Fire Island and Orbx modeled it great in SAK!  It even slopes.  This is my and my British friend's FBO in Flight Sim Economy.  We fly all over Alaska.  This is why I bought all of Alaska from Orbx.  

8 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Very cool shots Jack. I'm sure I saw you coming in while I was refueling at Gate 5 in PANC. But I thought not because your bird wasn't yellow.:D 

I don't have a Twin Otter in yellow for Alaska, and wouldn't it be cool if we could all actually see each other when we fly around?

6 hours ago, adambar said:

High five for those shots Jack! :)

Thanks again Adam!

On ‎29‎-‎05‎-‎2017 at 8:21 PM, BradB said:

Henrik Nielsen was the original creator , I am not sure if he is on our forum Jack ? .

Cheers

John

I am on the forum from time to time - loads of things to do in real life so not capable of following all forums all the time.

Yes, we will update the Global AI Ship Traffic if needed. So far first feedback has been positive; and I can say that the majority of the ships will work. However some models have been done in a different way and some effects are different from the majority so there might be execeptions. But we will take care of that with a patch. Please post your screenshots with both ships which are working and not working in P3Dv4 - the more screenshots the faster we can do the update as it is a looooooong proces to test everything.

1 hour ago, kl791 said:

I am on the forum from time to time - loads of things to do in real life so not capable of following all forums all the time.

Yes, we will update the Global AI Ship Traffic if needed. So far first feedback has been positive; and I can say that the majority of the ships will work. However some models have been done in a different way and some effects are different from the majority so there might be execeptions. But we will take care of that with a patch. Please post your screenshots with both ships which are working and not working in P3Dv4 - the more screenshots the faster we can do the update as it is a looooooong proces to test everything.

Thank you VERY very much!  I eagerly look forward to those nice ships in V4!

On ‎31‎-‎05‎-‎2017 at 7:28 PM, dexthom said:

Yes it works.  I am running it now.P3Dv3.4-2017-may-31-002.jpg

We have found one important problem file which does not work with P3Dv4. The ship Calypso causes a CTD when it is loaded. It is a model made for FS9 with animations and they are not compatible. Until we manage to make patch, please remove the folder AI_Calypso from the simobjects/boats folder. Apart from that we have not found any other major issues - some light effects do not display but the ships have back up texture based navigation lights, so you don't really notice.

In case you find other issues please inform me so we can get it corrected and a patch launched.

3 hours ago, Doc Scott said:

Hi Jack!

I will let you know,when I installed it correctly.

Scott 

Thanks Scott, remember to remove the above mentioned file.

2 hours ago, Bluebear said:

Lovely shots, Jack !!
Great to see, that the Twin Otter is working in V4.

Cheers

Bluebear

Thanks John.  It's great for Orbx Southern Alaska.

1 minute ago, fly37 said:

Nice pic Jack and i see good news about AI Ship, follow you all for more information...

Thanks Gianni!  Yes,I have it installed in both 3.4 and 4 now and it's sweet.  I get mesmerized by these ships as there's always a new one to see.  It makes the world of Orbx come alive, especially off Catalina.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gianni!  Yes,I have it installed in both 3.4 and 4 now and it's sweet.  I get mesmerized by these ships as there's always a new one to see.  It makes the world of Orbx come alive, especially off Catalina.

It is  easy to install? Sufficient copy and past or other procedure?  Thank for your so appreciate support Jack!

1 hour ago, Doc Scott said:

Is there  a  list  of all  needed  effect  and effect  texture  files  ?  I don't  like  the idea of copying all effects from version 3 into version 4.

Scott 

Hi Scott, I installed it exactly as I did with 3.4, per the instructions that came with it.  Except for any files it wanted to overwrite, and they were just a handful, maybe five?  It was the lights files.  I didn't let them overwrite those.  Otherwise all went in no problem.

4 hours ago, fly37 said:

It is  easy to install? Sufficient copy and past or other procedure?  Thank for your so appreciate support Jack!

I just followed the instruction in the document that came with it.  It asked to overwrite maybe five or six lights files, I said no and then all was well with it.  But remember to delete that Calypso ship.  Very easy Gianni, if you have any other questions get back to me, if I can do it, anyone on Earth can do it.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I just followed the instruction in the document that came with it.  It asked to overwrite maybe five or six lights files, I said no and then all was well with it.  But remember to delete that Calypso ship.  Very easy Gianni, if you have any other questions get back to me, if I can do it, anyone on Earth can do it.

Thanks Jack... Did all... but did not finded the Ai Calypso...  non in v 3.4

Archived