Martyn said there'd be dingos

I started at Hervey Bay and took off for Fraser Island per Martyn to look for dingos.  

It started out fine but I found my first Australia texture problem.  Anyone else seen this?

KarcX1S.jpg

gMUoX1p.jpg

gWQ4UP9.jpg

X1c2boC.jpg

kh0e6J7.jpg

huNRlWr.jpg

vwfBGUB.jpg

1BZvy5O.jpg

So I quit P3D and checked my settings and tried it again, same texture problem.

8IMkMQH.jpg

4Ez6Oaz.jpg

nHwOMgn.jpg

1UJZWBj.jpg

1TWitj1.jpg

lZOtEDc.jpg

eogFgw5.jpg

OZfmSsX.jpg

UDMs1em.jpg

Vz1zDlV.jpg

Rnc4NwZ.jpg

Q5RY55X.jpg

Bk0zVM6.jpg

Q1wPC9u.jpg

1 minute ago, Julio Garcia said:

This is a known problem the fix is to download and install the following file,

orbx_unified_lclookup_au28_fix.zip

Search 'Fraser Island' and 'Big Woody Island' for more info.

Cheers
Julio

Gosh, thanks Julio!

3 hours ago, stewart1 said:

very nice shot Jack you like going upside down and a yellow plane as well regards stewart

Thanks Stewart!  I love going inverted in a yellow plane, it's the most fun I get to have in life.

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Most of your shots are great as ever, Jack. Be them yellow, blonde or upside down.

Thanks Gerold!  :lol:

4 hours ago, Julio Garcia said:

This is a known problem the fix is to download and install the following file,

orbx_unified_lclookup_au28_fix.zip

Search 'Fraser Island' and 'Big Woody Island' for more info.

Cheers
Julio

Thanks Julio, got it, installed it, but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

1 minute ago, TigerTigerM said:

Jack

I don't wish to be pedantic.

But in the 2nd to bottom shot.

The blonde gripping the superstructure  like grim death - surely her hair should be inverted too?

Or was there a lot of hair spray involved??:)

TTM

Pedantic!  First TTM, I love that word.

:lol:  Yup!  No one but me knows but I installed a tank which contains hair spray, and with a push of a button it sprays on her head and she doesn't have fly away hair.

Well, to be honest, I did it for me to keep what little hair I have in one place so people won't see me going bald! :D

1 minute ago, dolf8857 said:

Beautiful places and awesome shots these Jack!

Thanks Dolf!  They are, they're very beautiful places and I wish I could visit.  You would not want to live where I live.  Unless you actually enjoy watching cows eat, paint dry, and other exciting things like that. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Dolf!  They are, they're very beautiful places and I wish I could visit.  You would not want to live where I live.  Unless you actually enjoy watching cows eat, paint dry, and other exciting things like that. :lol:

Need to go South too for a little bit more of interesting scapes Jack ^_^ 

1 minute ago, dolf8857 said:

Need to go South too for a little bit more of interesting scapes Jack ^_^ 

Been to Savannah Georgia several times which is south from me and it's beautiful, as well as Tybee Island.  My wife and I love that.  Hopefully we'll go again soon.

Just now, PDX Flyer said:

Great shots ... but what is a dingo?  Remember I live in the PNW.

Thanks PDX, a dingo is a wild dog.  Very interesting Wiki article on it, never knew they attacked and ate kangaroos.  I don't know how dangerous they are to people though.

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Pedantic!  First TTM, I love that word.

:lol:  Yup!  No one but me knows but I installed a tank which contains hair spray, and with a push of a button it sprays on her head and she doesn't have fly away hair.

Well, to be honest, I did it for me to keep what little hair I have in one place so people won't see me going bald! :D

Or it may be that the loop was so perfect that you did not pull any + or - G's, the hair not moving at all...There comes a point in your flying career that even the Blue Angels are jealous of your performance. But they are not allowed to comment.

Just now, Orbxtreme said:

Or it may be that the loop was so perfect that you did not pull any + or - G's, the hair not moving at all...There comes a point in your flying career that even the Blue Angels are jealous of your performance. But they are not allowed to comment.

Kind of like Bob Hoover!  I'll bet the Blue Angels were either secretly jealous of Mr. Hoover or they were inspired by him, maybe a little of both.

From my understanding P3D v4 64 bit has a key/button assignment for Hair Spray application, which of course is optional. I won't be using it because I am now one of the many follically challenged generation of pilots.

22 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

From my understanding P3D v4 64 bit has a key/button assignment for Hair Spray application, which of course is optional. I won't be using it because I am now one of the many follically challenged generation of pilots.

LOL! :D

I knew that there would be extra features in the 64 bit version............;)

On ‎26‎/‎5‎/‎2560 at 3:23 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks PDX, a dingo is a wild dog.  Very interesting Wiki article on it, never knew they attacked and ate kangaroos.  I don't know how dangerous they are to people though.

Excellent set Jack, I hope you can get your problem solved here, a real PITA!

Dingos do bite, they are wild dogs but as for killing people, it all depends how good your lawyer is:lol:

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Jack, I hope you can get your problem solved here, a real PITA!

Dingos do bite, they are wild dogs but as for killing people, it all depends how good your lawyer is:lol:

Thanks Martyn.  I applied the file but stupidly haven't been back to see if it worked.  I'm sure it did.

Archived